Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

removing the front bumper of a Scion xB for LED verticals

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:58 pm

I just received a set of Oznium Scion xB Front Bumper Vertical LED Running Lights and a Remote Control Dimmer & Strobe Switch for the lights. From what I've read, it is best to remove the front bumper in order to remove the existing fake air intakes and replace them with Oznium's LED lights.

Is there anyone that could offer me some advice on how to remove the front bumper? I plan to use my Flip video to film the entire sequences of removal, installation of the LED Lamps, and reinstalling the bumper. I believe that if I can show on video a step by step approach on how to do this work as simply and as professionally as possible that it would benefit many other guys / girls that want to install the Oznium LED lamps but are apprehensive because they think it is too hard for then to do. Once the video is done, I'll place it on YouTube but I want to make sure that I am doing everything in the right sequence. If you have experience in installing the Oznium Lamps in a 2nd generation Scion xB, I'd appreciate you sharing your knowledge with me.

Thank you,

Mike
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:22 am

Btw, I've heard of people installing them without even removing the bumper. It should be possible to turn the wheels all the way, and peel back part of the wheel well plastic. Or just remove the bumper if thats easier.

Hey, if you make the video extra good, and I'll send you a $50.00 store coupon.

Sort of like this guy's video, the commentary is cool:
Drifting10

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:45 am

here you go my friend

ancientartist

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:39 am

Thank you for taking the time to send the PDF files, I really appreciate it. You wouldn't happen to have the same type of instructions for a 2010 xB would you?

Thank's again,

ancientartist
Drifting10

Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:39 pm

Is this one what your looking for?

http://www.trdsparks.com/install/PT857-52080inst.pdf
soccerson114

Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:18 pm

I have a 2010 xB and I put in the Vertical LED's in the bumper a few weeks ago. Getting the bumper off isn't too difficult. I am in the "little to none" portion when it comes to knowledge for car modification. There are screws under the bumper that need to come off. In Each wheel well there is a screw and a clip. Those also need to come out. Pop the hood and there are I think 5 clips above the grill that need to come off. After those clips are off remove the little cover that is being held to the grill and there are some more clips and I think 2 more screws to remove. Take the top grill off. The bumper won't just fall off. Make sure you have all bolts and clips out. On each wheel well it will take a little bit more than a comfortable amount to unclip the bumper from the body. There are no clips to remove but there are notches in the bumper that hold it to the rest of the car. If I remember right, You grab the bumper from inside the wheel well and pull out (out being away from the side of the car, not away towards the front). Like I said...more than comfortable amount of force but not a strain on the body. Make sure you don't yank the wiring for the fog lights off (if you have fogs). Unclip the black fake air intakes and the lights go in the way the intakes came off. They go on from inside the bumper. Don't try to thread them through from the front (the painted side) of the bumper. I almost tried that. I also got the control module. It is sweet but the only problem I came across is that the lights are not on by default. I turn on the DRL (which is the green wire)(some call them parking lights but it is the click before the headlights turn on) and the LED's don't turn on. You have to use the remote to turn them on which can be annoying especially if you are driving b/c the remote can be finicky and not always work and you can't tell if they are on or not. I have been meaning to ask if there is a way to have them in the on position by default so they turn on with the DRL's.
ancientartist

Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:31 pm

That was exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for posting
The time now is Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:25 pm
Page 1 of 1