Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Dippin' Spittin'

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:07 pm

We gotta have some guys on here partake in smokeless tobacco.

I've been a big Skoal fan for the past 7 years off and on.

Recently I have reverted from my long cut ways to pouches.

Anybody else partaking in this social stigma? icon_lol.gif
Cooper

Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:20 am

Guh . No thanks . At least smoking looks sexy while it kills you .
TRogers

Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:44 am

I've known quite a few dippers, growing up in the sticks. And a ton of those dippers had lip issues, holes in their lips, surgeries, etc. I even had a teacher that had his bottom lip fixed up from dipping for so long, so he moved to the top lip and he always dipped during class. LOL

Nasty stuff.

I did try some "Berry Blend" a few times hanging out with friends, whoever makes Berry Blend, I don't know. But it gave me the same feeling that cigarettes did when I tried those. I've never done anything on a regular basis, only tried things here and there.
AutoAustin

Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:00 am

I dip Skoal Long Cut as well. Have been for about 3 years. Good stuff my friend
02BlueStang

Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:55 am

bunch of guys at work do....not my cup o tea
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:47 pm

I tried it once and it made my gums bleed. So yeah, plus I think it looks disgusting when people do it.

No offence.
bad venge

Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:59 pm

I got a great story ...
I used to share a cruiser with another officer that chewed , anyway I come on duty , grap the keys go out to the cruiser and he left a 20oz Coke three quarters or better full of spit...Oh well I'll clean it out later go out on patrol and went to a nice deserted road right around bar 30 (bar closing time) and waited ... Here comes a truck weaving pretty bad , I'm off on a side road he drives by , and as I'm about to hit the lights he pulls over , jumps out of the truck and blows chunks everywhere ...OK hit the lights and pull him over , run the roadside sobriety and he fails worse then anyone I ever pulled over. Since I was a K9 officer I had the dog in the back seat so I cuffed him to the door and proceeded to get the dog to check for drugs.
Well as his luck would have it he thoght he'd hit the coke sitting in the cupholder trying to get rid of the bad taste in his mouth, expecting the sweet taste of coke and getting a huge swallow of spit juice he then proceeded to blow chunks all over my cruiser ...
Chris

Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:15 pm

icon_lol.gif
mccook8

Post Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:11 pm

Been doing it for over 20 years.

Quit three times. Absolutely SUCKS for about two weeks, and temptations abound afterwards.

Started back up three times, too. Only took one taste.....
ChevyCaprice9C1

Post Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:21 pm

i use to when i was 16 for about 3 month because i was a stupid teen that thought it looked cool lol. but yeah its was pretty nice while i wad doing it but then my grandma got diagnosed with mouth cancer from smoking she ended up looking most of her teeth and gums and part of the roof of her mouth too it so that got me to quit doing it very quickly. will say i have done it a few times this past few months when i was kinda stressed out but not regularly and i try not too biglaugh.gif

i mainly used skoal citrus long cut or pouches when i use too though
Cooper

Post Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:19 pm

User posted image

Jus' sayin.. if you gotta get your fix somehow.. smoking has this potential to be sexy and classy that I just don't see in someone dipping . There's a huge difference between lighting up a cigarette on a cool evening and blowing lazy smoke rings into the air and packing your lip with dip and filling a Dr. Pepper bottle with your black spit . biglaugh.gif

On the other hand its probably better to have a hole in your lip than a hole in your lung, so smoking certainly isn't any healthier . But I'd so much rather look cool while I kill myself .
banned from SG

Post Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:21 am

Red Man Golden Blend
PwrRngr

Post Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:59 am

I think the "looking cool" of smoking just depends. The instant a hot chick pulls out a cigarette and lights it...BAM, turn off. Nothing cool about it IMO. The first picture Cooper posted (Taylor.2008) is REPULSIVE to me. I fail to see the cool part about it.
mccook8

Post Sat Jul 17, 2010 2:56 pm

Cooper wrote:
[img]On the other hand its probably better to have a hole in your lip than a hole in your lung, so smoking certainly isn't any healthier . But I'd so much rather look cool while I kill myself .

I've spent my entire adult life as a soldier and a cop.

Clearly, living forever is not my top priority.
Toastr

Post Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:20 pm

Been dippin' for 10 years. Started out Kodiak Wintergreen in high-school, teach would let us dip in class, but his one rule was no spitters... Learned to gut at an early age. I'd hate to see my stomach right now! Moved to Skoal Wintergreen, then started chewing Redman. Swap back to Redman every time we go out on deployment, due mainly to the high winds and whatnot while working outside. The spit/juice is thicker so it stays together and falls better (if that makes any sense at all) compared to the jucie that's mostly spit from dip.

Lately I've been rolling Skoal Apple. Dunno why, but Wintergreen from any company makes my gums and lip burn something fierce to the point that they turn a bright red and get sensitive to the touch. Apple doesn't do anything other'n taste good and dip well. I started getting a bit of the a buzz back as well, which I was most surprised by considering it went away a loooong time ago.

Funny thing is, I've been doing it for over ten years but it's not really an addition to the tobacco. More of something to do when I'm bored. If it's a busy day at work, or a fun day on the trails, or working on the garage on projects - I won't crave a dip whatsoever. But God-forbid we have nothing to do at work... I'll go through an entire can in a 10-hour shift.

So anybody done the double-horseshoe? I'd like to highly discourage it... Waste of good dip, and good lord it's unpleasant. Didn't hurl thankfully, but got quite a few of those puke-burps.
banned from SG

Post Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:08 am

Don't forget that you can get Redman for free on deployment. They shipped a coworker of mine a 48lb box of Golden Blend because he emailed em and said he can't get it there.
mccook8

Post Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:25 pm

banned from SG wrote:
Don't forget that you can get Redman for free on deployment. They shipped a coworker of mine a 48lb box of Golden Blend because he emailed em and said he can't get it there.

During the Gulf War, I wrote to the company that makes Levi Garrett (R.J. Reynolds, I think), asking if I could just buy the stuff in bulk from them, because it wasn't in the (laughable) PX system incountry.

They sent me a box of 10 pouches for free. Not really what I wanted, but a nice gesture nonetheless.

I ended up going to Skoal and/or Copenhagen, because one or the other was always available. Never did care for Red Man.
banned from SG

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:17 am

mccook8 wrote:
banned from SG wrote:

During the Gulf War, I wrote to the company that makes Levi Garrett (R.J. Reynolds, I think), asking if I could just buy the stuff in bulk from them, because it wasn't in the (laughable) PX system incountry.

They sent me a box of 10 pouches for free. Not really what I wanted, but a nice gesture nonetheless.

I ended up going to Skoal and/or Copenhagen, because one or the other was always available. Never did care for Red Man.

Thats pretty cool they did that. It's hard to argue with free though
Moss

Post Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:05 pm

I knew those board would have some good responses.
The time now is Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:19 pm
Page 1 of 1