Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

How to connect LED strips to turn signals and brake lights

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:57 pm

I want to connect LED strips to blink with my turn signals. I don't want them on all the time. Just when I operate the turn signal.

I also want to connect an LED strip to the brake light. Same as above, I only want it to turn on when I am hitting the brake.

I plan on taping the led strips to the bottom of the car so that it lights up the ground when I hit the brake or use the turn signal.

How do I do the wiring for this? What is the best way to connect the led strips to the existing wiring? I don't want to butcher the regular wiring.

Thanks!
sothrowedmex

Post Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:46 pm

BUmp. which leds to use for best effect?
Tat2Dragons

Post Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:43 pm

The easiest route would be to use a trailer wiring harness.
PwrRngr

Post Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:15 am

It's pretty simple, you tap into the appropriate wires. If you want it to come on when the turn signal comes on, find that turn signal wire and tap into it. If you want it to come on when you push the brakes, find the brake wire and tap into it.

You didn't give any information on your vehicle. If you have a vehicle w/ a trailer wiring harness, that would be the easiest place to find these wires. If not, you're going to have to find these wires.
The time now is Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:50 am
Page 1 of 1