Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

LED Shower Celiing lights

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:38 pm

1. Anyone know how to achieve an effect similar to the picture below, except to have the led downlight in the ceiling rather then incorporate it into the shower head?

2. What type of led strips would work well to incorporate the glass shower door as shown below and how many would be needed as well as installation proceedure?

User posted image
bad venge

Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:34 pm

corvettecrazy

Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:04 pm

icon_twisted.gif
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:24 pm

The glass doors would be the same as the glass shelves you were trying to achieve.

Waterproof LED's of course. 1 strip on each side, the height of the piece of glass.
Would probably have to wire in a converter, or have an electrician professionally do it.
My Dream

Post Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:56 am

bad venge wrote:
It appears to be 1 watt flood or spot LED's
Excellent bad venge, I believe this is what I need, only drawback I can see is they don't have the option to change color which was really important.
corvettecrazy wrote:
Link provided.
That's the basic principal although I'd just recess it into the ceiling tile instead. I'm not going to put the square recessed rain can since Kohler wants about $600.00 for the set so I opted for the Price Pfister 8.5" rain can mounted from the ceiling. I have the shower faucet material but won't start to redo the bathroom untill I'm ready with all the material. I'm still in the research stage.
Tdawgthegreatest wrote:
The glass doors would be the same as the glass shelves you were trying to achieve.

Waterproof LED's of course. 1 strip on each side, the height of the piece of glass.
Would probably have to wire in a converter, or have an electrician professionally do it.
I tried a test piece of 3/16" clear glass yesterday and the light just didn't shine completely through the 4" depth of the glass. I believe I'll have to purchase maybe up to 3/8" thick glass instead to create a more solid effect. I thought it was the same principal as the glass doors but the led's would have to shine though a 30" shower glass door this time as apposed to 4" and I wasn't sure it would prism all the way through.

I know basic electricity but unsure what you meant re "wire in a converter", do you mean power down to 12v (transformer).

EDIT:

I just noticed that based on the design, these units would have to be accessable from the top (inside) and that could be a problem since I don't have an access door in the ceiling. If it were designed the opposite to allow me to install from the bottom (outside) it would work. I'm going to have to brain storm to see if it will still work. I would really like it it changed color though.
The time now is Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:45 am
Page 1 of 1