Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

How to wiring diagram

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:59 pm

just checked out the Josh/PTCruzr diagrams and they are awesome but was looking for some two switch diagrams. For example, I want to wire some underrail LED's into my Tacoma bed and have TWO switches: one simple tap on tap off button/switch in the bed so can easily light up the bed with the truck NOT running. Also, want to put another LED (preferably) Scion switch in my switch cluster inside the Tacoma so I can light up the bed from the ****. Because I want the ability to light the bed with the truck off (at least from the bed switch), I'm guessing I can't power off the fuse box and have to go all the way to the battery??? I saw this modification in a Tacoma thread and it was awesome so I think I have it all down except for the wiring how part???? TX
bad venge

Post Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:22 am

User posted image

I'd use a relay.
Connect pin 30 to the LED's power+ line

Pin 87a run power from the battery through a fuse to the switch in the bed

Next run from a switched source through a fuse or use an add a fuse in the cab to the scion switch Output of the switch run back to the relay and connect it to 87 and 86
ground pin 85

With the relay off the N/C connection can feed the led if you switch it on
relay on it feeds through the n/o connection
DRM9

Post Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:42 pm

ok I think I get it except not too familiar with relay's....aren't they plugged in somewhere (like a flasher relay) or is this just a relay I mount/place somewhere in the dash? Sorry for the ignorance and thanks for the help!
DRM9

Post Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:50 pm

oh, sorry bad venge.....just went and looked up the $2.79 cent relay and VOILA.....a picture is a thousand words! THANKS....just have to pickup the relay along with my other stuff (led's, switches, etc) and I'm good to go! Disregard the last post I did!
DRM9

Post Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:04 pm

Hi bad venge....little late but got stuff layed out and ready to roll. I have an on/off switch mounted in the bed with all my led's mounted and my scion switch ready (lose so I can make the connections) and my relay and even got a relay harness to make life a tad easier. My first main question: do I have to go off the battery or can "add a fuse" to something always live? I prefer that to running thru the firewall. I can access and see easily ACC fuse, Tail fuse 10a, Gauge fuse 7.5a, power windows (wierd that my 08 Tacoma Access cab has fuse for rear power windows when none exist), door lock, 2 ignition fuses=IG1 no2 use 10a AND IG1 fuse 10a...I also need a second add a fuse in your diagram to run from the scion led switch to the relay. Wondering best options to grab from assuming and hoping I don't have to go to battery? Second question is I ran 18/2 wire from dash to bed...I think I can use one of those wires for my battery to switch for pin87a and the other wire for the LED power+ to 30relay pin? Correct? Did I mess up running 18/2?
TX David
The time now is Sun May 27, 2018 12:35 am
Page 1 of 1