Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

superbrightleds.com rant

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:47 pm

so i bought an led light from then that i was going to use as an emergency light on my car... in the order i had 2 red leds and 2 white...
when i got them i looked them over and happened to notice that a white ones wires where copper color and the other three where silver.... whats the odd ball out mean...
means they sold me a used light.... and it showed when i hooked it up and it was dimmer then the other..

well i figured it would prolly be cheaper to go and by a new one then to return the bad one.. well got the new one today and wouldnt you no copper wires again....

ill give them a 10 for being persistent icon_neutral.gif

anyone else deal with this people
werewolf

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:54 pm

I have not had a problem with them yet but i also don't buy single leds from them either too expensive.
showcarguy

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:58 pm

these were the accent light modules.... the ones with three leds. 1 angled at 90* the other two angled at 45....

and this second time i also bought there dtr lights and two bolt lights and they both are fine
Aken

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:02 pm

I've bought a couple things from them, never any issues. I wish their store was easier to use, though.
werewolf

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:05 pm

oh sorry i thought you meant singles, i still have'nt bought the modules but i have bought lights from other companies and wires were differant, i chalk it up as poor manufacturing
PwrRngr

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:23 pm

I don't think it means they're selling you used lights. It could be a different lot.
showcarguy

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:31 pm

they only sell one type of these lights and copper wires and dimmed light output are a good sign that they have been used
i no i wire up cop cars and have seen plenty of used wires
PwrRngr

Post Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:44 pm

showcarguy wrote:
they only sell one type of these lights and copper wires and dimmed light output are a good sign that they have been used
i no i wire up cop cars and have seen plenty of used wires

Not different lights, different production LOTS. When they run out of a batch of materials, they change the lot number with new ones. Then if something is screwed up (like dim light output), they can recall an entire lot.
showcarguy

Post Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:05 am

oh ok i got you now....
The time now is Sun May 27, 2018 10:19 am
Page 1 of 1