Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Chevrolet Cavalier 2005 LED Installation. Plz Help

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Wed May 04, 2011 5:26 pm

Hi I own 2005 Chevy Cavalier I really love my car, i put some led inside under dash but I just used cigarette lighter for them, first thing I would like to change it and connect another way, to have switch and everything..
but the biggest question is HOW?
and one more important thing that I'm not sure how to do..
I have LED strips, I would like to install them like my fog lights..
but I don't know how to do it right..
it's 28 LEd Strip.
Please if someone can help me do that please..
or if someone even have pictures or can do it for me I'll really appreciate that.
bad venge

Post Wed May 04, 2011 6:08 pm

You can either hardwire the dash lights to the Cigarette lighter wire, I'd recomend splicing to the wire with a fuse then use that to feed the switch

If you are not comfortable to splice into the wire buy an add a fuse and insert that into the fuse block and it makes a second fuse then you feed the wire to the switch

For the fog strips you can wire them the same way
Chris

Post Wed May 04, 2011 6:27 pm

Welcome, Cavalier2005! It's nice to have you on board.

Please look at this thread: https://www.oznium.com/forum/topic20

If you have questions after looking at that thread, please ask.

Thank you for choosing Oznium.
Cavalier2005

Post Wed May 04, 2011 9:18 pm

Here is the LED Strips that I got from my co-workers http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/Alpena-28-in-white-colorful-LED-light/_/N-25pw?counter=20&itemIdentifier=60068_0_0_
and I'm not sure if I'll do everything how this Diagram says https://www.oznium.com/switches/rocker-switch what kind of Fuse I need for my leds? [/url] I'm not sure how I should ground my wire.. with what? and where exactly I'm absolutely Newbie.. I'm sorry..
bad venge

Post Thu May 05, 2011 3:13 am

ground is any metal connected to the chasis you can loosen up a screw and place the wire underneath I recomend a fork connector to crimp onto it,

Fuse size depends on the wire gauge that you use, if you connected it with the wire thats on those LEDs likely a 5 amp is enough
dazarooney

Post Thu May 05, 2011 5:52 am

bad venge wrote:
You can either hardwire the dash lights to the Cigarette lighter wire, I'd recomend splicing to the wire with a fuse then use that to feed the switch

If you are not comfortable to splice into the wire buy an add a fuse and insert that into the fuse block and it makes a second fuse then you feed the wire to the switch

For the fog strips you can wire them the same way

Yeah I did the second method as I wasn't comfortable splicing the wire. It's all working fine though which is good.
Cavalier2005

Post Thu May 05, 2011 6:45 am

bad venge wrote:
ground is any metal connected to the chasis you can loosen up a screw and place the wire underneath I recomend a fork connector to crimp onto it,

Fuse size depends on the wire gauge that you use, if you connected it with the wire thats on those LEDs likely a 5 amp is enough

I have couple more questions first one abt fuse and wire, this LED Strips wires isn't long, what kind of wire I should buy to make them longer? and second one I have 2 led strips so I should connect them together black black red red and then just add one more wire for red and one for black one to negative ground one to the switch is that way right?
Cavalier2005

Post Thu May 05, 2011 7:21 am

And what you think about wire them to headlights? I think that's really easy way, will I need fuse or something? or I just need to wire them and that's it? should I do that way?
bad venge

Post Thu May 05, 2011 9:16 am

I would just extend the RED + wires and ground them at the mounting points. Use a similar sized wire gauge.

I prefer to fuse the headlight mounted strips seperately that way if there's a problem the seperate fuse will blow and prevent headlight damage
Cavalier2005

Post Thu May 05, 2011 9:48 am

So I can wire my leds to headlights but put Fuse on leds right?
Cavalier2005

Post Thu May 05, 2011 10:32 am

may be somebody have pictures how did they wire it in Chevy Cavalier??? if someone has please share it
bad venge

Post Thu May 05, 2011 12:22 pm

I DOUBT someoones going to have the EXACT model /make/year as your car with the same mods .. icon_wink.gif

I'd run seperate power and fuse to the LEDS and use a relay to control them
Cavalier2005

Post Thu May 05, 2011 12:36 pm

I'm sorry ) but it's so easy for you to say that seperate power and fuse to leds.. and relay.. I have no Idea how to use relay where to put and etc..
I guess the best way for me to connect Red wire to Battery, ground black one, and use fuse.
by the way I don't have any mods on my car ))))
bad venge

Post Thu May 05, 2011 1:40 pm

User posted image
Substitute the Relay for the switch in the how to diagram
Pin 85 goes to the + of the headlight
Pin 86 goes to ground
pin 87 feeds the LEDs +
pin 30 is connected to the battery thru the fuse
The time now is Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:39 am
Page 1 of 1