Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Istalling LED's

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:27 pm

I'm currently attempting install LED strips under the door handle of my 2005 Dodge Neon SXT so that they turn on whenever the dome lights do. Problem is that I dont know which wire the dome light is in the car and I can find a wiring diagram anywhere for my car. If anyone could help me with this please let me know.
bad venge

Post Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:22 pm

Tap the door switch at the door (likely -)
you will have to run a + and the - up onto the door

or connect the wires to the dome light and run them out to the door
jmoddes

Post Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:09 pm

I have a neon too. Best thing to do. The driver side B-Pilar has your power for your dome light.

Use that.

also. C-Pilar has the same wire running to the back in the truck (all on one circuit). You're better off running your own wire from the door. And in fact, i'd wire them backwards to the dome light... where when the dome light turns off, the LED's turn on, that way you can see them at night time. constantly. Plus they draw very little voltage so you wouldn't need to worry about battery (or i dont but i have 4 batteries in my 2000 neon).

But if you take it from the door handle, the driver side is one separate circuit. The passanger and 2 rear doors are on one circuit. just an FYI. =] deff run all new wire to the strips though.
za92ch

Post Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:02 pm

I'm sorry lack of knowledge, but i dont know much about cars, but i do have a basic understanding of wiring. I will tell you what i already have done. I drilled a hole into each of the door handles and ran a wire through each and now i dont know where to go from there
bad venge

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:43 am

You need to run the wire from there CAREFULLY down the inside of the door avoiding the window regulator and tracks to prevent getting caught/ ripped then you have to run it to the hinge side of the door and run the wires thru the rubber wire loom that feeds the door. this can be tricky as normally those are full and some have plugs that prevent adding wires to. you run the wires thru there to the body of the car into the kick panels then connect to the wiring using a fuse
za92ch

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:48 am

I've done that already...i just need to find the dome light wire to connect to for each door...once i find that i'll be good but i cant seem to find anywhere online that can help me at all.
airjordan223

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:05 am

Youre going to have to find the interior wiring diagrams.

Or look on your fuse box for courtesy lights
za92ch

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:41 pm

Thats the problem, i cant find the wiring diagrams anywhere online...and i dont want to buy a whole manual for this one wire
airjordan223

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:51 pm

za92ch

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:56 pm

I've seen it before and as i've said, im not to good with knowing cars....just wiring...so the kickpanel is...?
airjordan223

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:06 pm

To the left of your foot when youre sitting in the car.

Usually a piece of plastic, sometimes connected to the door sill that you have to take out
za92ch

Post Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:15 pm

Okay i took of the kickpanel but i saw about 5 different Yellow wires in different places
jmoddes

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:59 am

i need to go in my car during daytime and look.. i know driver side color, passanger and back 2 doors are another (the 3 are the same color)
za92ch

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:12 pm

okay cool, lemme know asap...i wanna get this mod done with
jmoddes

Post Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:38 pm

as i look, i used a blue wire with orange strip.. thats is one of the doors, I believe driver. Then there is a tan/brown wire i also used for other doors.

now i didn't go to each of the doors, just found the wire that controls the door pins. which activates the dome light.

hope that helps.
za92ch

Post Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:33 pm

now the passenger doors are all on the one tan/brown wire and the driver door is on the blue w/ an orange strip?
kmoney65

Post Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:08 pm

has anyone use these Led before "RL5-RGB Clear TriColor LED, Common Cathode" i want to know what i need to do to make it work with the freedom controller. what resistors n how to wire them
bad venge

Post Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:26 am

Where is a LINK to these to see specs ?
The time now is Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:31 am
Page 1 of 1