Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

how can i paint the PCB board of my LED angel eyes

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:51 pm

hello . i have an led angel eyes with white PCB board. i want to change it to black. what steps do i need to take to paint it. what paint is needed?
thank you
bad venge

Post Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:58 am

I'd carefully wrap it in electrical tape , then shoot that with plastidip spray paint
Q45guy

Post Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:17 pm

Actually, as long as there are no heat producing elements on the PCB board, you can just tape off the end of the LEDs and attach the PCB with some flat black spray paint. After that is dry, you can paint the board any color you'd like. Just make sure there is a good coat of flat black on there if you decide to paint with any metallic paint. I know a few people who have done this with computer motherboards and they turn out awesome!
bad venge

Post Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:46 am

I'd be very cautious about spraying down resistors ect. the paint can cause them to change values (conductivity of paint acts like a parrallel resistor) or the heat generated can lead to the paint burning off.
The correct way is to coat the board with non conductive epoxy , then paint over it. Or use a non conductive Spray Lacquer designed for PCB use.

By coating the board with electrical tape that will insulate the board and then you can leave it as is (black tape) or spray it with the plasti dip

The good thing about this method is if you needto fix/repair the board you can cut the plasti dip and tape and peel it off.
The time now is Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:34 am
Page 1 of 1