Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Blue Under dash legal?

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:55 pm

Just wondering if they're legal or not, I just installed mine and they're pretty bright and it kinda reflects off my body and face lol
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:43 am

jdusty914

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:58 am

You should be fine. I have some RGB LED's that shine on my gauges and from time to time I will turn them on and make them shine in a slow pattern and the whole inside of my car gets lit up and I have never been questioned. As long at the light itself cannot be seen outside of the car and you are not distracting other drivers, it should be fine. Just be careful about it.
Akio

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:10 pm

I think I will end up getting a dimmer, Thanks!
Akio

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:16 pm

To wire a dimmer, do you just connect one side to the leds and then the other to my switch to led positive? and no negative?
jmoddes

Post Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:25 pm

"any light inside a vehicle that does not come from the dealer that is on when driving is illegal"

That quote is from what a **** Kenosha, WI cop told me.

I don't believe him, but that's what he said.. this is also the guy who told me that a Wisconsin state statute doesn't apply in the City of kenosha (347.07 legal underglow) and this is the guy who beats his wife.. =/

yeah.....
Akio

Post Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:32 pm

But the tc has the option to add under dash at dealer lol I just did it myself..
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:38 pm

Akio wrote:
To wire a dimmer, do you just connect one side to the leds and then the other to my switch to led positive? and no negative?

No, you most certainly need negative. As you can see from the "Technical Info" tab:

User posted image

User posted image
bad venge

Post Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:18 pm

If you have the relay that complicates everything wiring in the dimmer
Akio

Post Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:06 pm

I decided not to go with the relay route lol I just did it with a switch. Thanks you guys I will try this out soon.
02BlueStang

Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:44 pm

I have blue in my truck and run them all the time...it reflects and as long as you cannot see the light source you will be fine.

I also have a programmer in my truck that can change any color, not illegal and you can see the light source...same thing with navigation units.

As long as you are not glowing like an Xmas tree down the road you should be fine.

and this is coming from a cop....me ;)
jmoddes

Post Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:11 pm

02BlueStang wrote:
I have blue in my truck and run them all the time...it reflects and as long as you cannot see the light source you will be fine.

I also have a programmer in my truck that can change any color, not illegal and you can see the light source...same thing with navigation units.

As long as you are not glowing like an Xmas tree down the road you should be fine.

and this is coming from a cop....me ;)

oops... that xmas tree thing... hehehehe. However, i'm pretty sure Jdusty has me beat icon_sad.gif
The time now is Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:56 pm
Page 1 of 1