Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

The Sports Thread - Page 1

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:50 pm

Consider this your Epic Thread for sports. Figure it's easier for those of us who like to talk about it to keep it in one place.

Today's news:

- Peyton Manning to begin negotiations with the Broncos.
- Matt Flynn signs with the Seahawks
- UNC's point guard Kendall Marhsall is an iffy maybe for their next game after a small fracture in his wrist. Had surgery today to put a screw in.

Any guesses who the Dolphins will end up with? They don't have a top pick so they won't get Luck or RG3. Alex Smith has potential, and now possibly Tebow combined with someone like Garrard could give them some fun with the wildcat again. That should be fun to see. I'm also looking forward to see what new coach Philbin (ex offensive coach for the Packers) does while down there. They're my AFC team of choice to root for.
Chris

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:08 pm

The Bills picked up Mario Williams, who has had two season ending injuries the past two years. Another Shawn Merriman deal? For the most money ever?
The_Mastor

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:22 pm

What a start to the day, getting news that Peyton is coming to the Broncos icon_cool.gif Going to be another crazy season. I will imagine there is going to be a lot of cleaning house and acquiring players to surround Peyton with. Should be interesting to see what happens. They still can't forget about the VERY old defensive backs they need to replace soon.

I don't think it is worth their wild to trade Tebow. No team is going to be SUPER interested and if all you get is a 4th round draft pick, keep him. Why not seriously consider putting him at full back or tight end? Full back would open up limitless trick plays were he throws a pass. And we all know he won't go down without a fight. Learn to put that ball away tighter and he is MADE to be a full back. You spent a first round draft pick on him, better use him as much as you can.

On to Kendall, looks like surgery went well and that is good. At this point, your next game is against a very low seed, Ohio. I say sit the kid, maybe have an emergency plan, but even without Kendall they should beat a team like Ohio. No disrespect to them, but they aren't Kentucky or anything. Give that wrist more time to heal and have him come back with a vengeance in the Elite 8.

Was very surprised Flynn went to the Seahawks, terrible choice. He should have held out for the 49er's or at least another decent team.

Had to laugh when the Cowboy's picked up Kyle Orton. Romo = makes tons of bad choices. Orton = makes tons of bad choices. biglaugh.gif
Aken

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:16 pm

How weird would Manning to the Cowboys and Romo to the 49ers be? lol

I thought Flynn would've been better suited in Miami with Philbin, personally. But I don't work in the NFL, so doesn't really matter what I think. Flynn has contacts with the Seahawks, too, though.

Orton is a joke. Maybe they got him to motivate Romo into being better, and Orton as a halfway decent backup for if (when) Romo hurts himself again.
A-Ray

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:10 pm

Basically everyone in Nashville, and probably all of Tennessee, thats was a Peyton fan (not me by any means) is no longer a Peyton fan.

Some people are comparing Peyton dissing Tennessee to that of Lebron leaving Cleveland. If/when Peyton makes his return to Nashville to play the Titans, there will be some of the loudest booing you've ever heard.
Aken

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:12 pm

I don't know why they're getting all butt hurt - he hasn't played for Tennessee in what, like 17 years?
A-Ray

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:19 pm

Aken, you just don't understand. People around here are dumb.

Everyone thought that since he played college ball here (Knoxville) and got married here (Memphis) among many other "ties" that he had to the state, that it was a sure fire lock he would be a Titan.

As soon as it came out that Peyton would likely be released from Indy, people were already clamoring for him to return "home." I would say that a large portion of the people from this state that are "Colts fans" were only fans because of Peyton. They were ready to change their allegiance to the Titans if he joined.

Its not just something that happens on the national level either. A good friend of mine has always been a UT fan. Beginning a few years ago, he became a Vanderbilt fan, just because a guy that he coached in Middle School, played basketball for them.
The_Mastor

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Denver was the best choice between 49ers, titans, and broncos. All things considered he made the right choice, even though maybe titans would have been "home" denver is his best option to win super bowls.
Aken

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:15 pm

In your opinion, or statistically? Not sure you're just happy cause it's your team? :D

Both the 49ers and the Broncos carried their quarterbacks to the playoffs. 49ers went to the championship game, though. And they just obtained Manningham as a receiver, so they have even more talent for catching the ball.
The_Mastor

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:00 pm

Both icon_biggrin.gif

I'm sure a lot of factors went into the decision but i'm sure he didn't want to play in the nfc because he would then always be playing against his brother during the season and come playoff time. That ruled out the 49ers. I also don't think a young gun coach and a qb of this magnitude would have gelled very well. i do think the broncos have a better squad than the titans and they are also in the same division as the colts. Going back to that stadium every year for rival games would be pretty awkward.

So the perks at denver? A big wig named john elway who is good friends with manning, a seasoned head coach, a offense that you know can adapt to any playing style, and I do think the strength of division had a good factor. Obviously this division isn't the strongest in the world, i would say second weakest, but that means excellent chances to have guaranteed spots in the playoffs to give you the chance to get to the super bowl.

I think that is why miami was ruled out pretty quick. I wouldn't want to go into the same division as tom brady and the patriots and try to rival them every year just for a division playoff spot. Not to mention the dolphins are terrible in the first place biglaugh.gif
kornholio788

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:05 pm

I find it hilarious. Last year it was OMG SUCK ON TEBOWS NUTS he is the perfect fit for the broncos.

Now...**** him lol.
The_Mastor

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:32 pm

I have not said **** him once. I would love to see him get in on fullback! Tebow did what he could and took us further into the playoffs than the Packers so the **** worked. But this is THE Peyton Manning... Tebow wasn't a good fit for the Broncos, it was the fact that the Broncos were able to adapt to the new game plan efficiently. And Tebow was then able to thrive and make the plays to win games. Should be an interesting season for this team having to through ANOTHER top to bottom playbook change probably written by Peyton himself just like the last one was written by Tebow biglaugh.gif
A-Ray

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:21 pm

If he wants a Super Bowl, the 49ers were the best choice. Good defense, good offensive weapons. I don't think that playing against his brother was any detriment.

While, I can see your reasoning behind the not wanting to play the Colt every year, I don't think that was a factor either. Peyton is a competitor and would want that IMO. From what I'm hearing around hear, the biggest reason he didn't wanna come to TN is because it was too much of a spectacle, fan fare, whatever you want to call it.

In my opinion, the first perk you mention is what got Manning to Denver. The Elway connection is what made it happen, without Elway Manning is a Titan, since ol Bud Adams, and pretty much everyone else in the state would have given Peyton anything he wanted.

Just in case you guys haven't heard, Nissan (based in Smyrna) was gonna give him a brand new Nissan Titan, one of the Radio stations was going to rename itself The Peyton, Shoney's (HQ in Nashville) had agreed to give him free Panckes for life, and Moon Pie (based in Chattanoga) offered him free Moon Pie's for life.

See, I told you guys, some Tennesseans were dumb.
jmoddes

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:35 pm

god dammit...

jmoddes wrote:
Tebow secondary QB for a year or two? i'd be happy... If broncos sign manning, their retarded though.

But whatever... this league is kinda koo koo atm. random ass teams being **** awesome.. while the old dominating teams suck. Ravens defense I think is just remarkable.. but their qb is the dumbest Q there is... my personal opinion. Get a great qb and ravens win. detroit will have their moment in a few years when one dude (qb) learns more. Packers needs a better D before they win the superbowl again. if NYG get into the NFC championship again i'll shoot myself in the leg.

Anyways... icon_smile.gif how was everyones MONDAY!! WOOOOOO

posted that in epic and deleted it after i seen this thread............
jmoddes

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:46 pm

DAMMM **** nike!

i just remembered that Nike is like the MAIN athletic wear for NFL this upcoming season. Reebok was like out bid..

this means that Nike is going to get STUPID amounts of sales from just all the dam changes in the NFL with jerseys n ****. those bastards.

I know the nike factory outlet in kenosha... place makes BANK. 60g's on sat. and 50g's on sun. last year one of the managers opened his dumb ass mouth and said they had over 120K in cash sales on black friday. however their shrink (theft) is STUPID high at over 10%. I hate nike........... :/ so much for bonuses next year
Chris

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:28 pm

Its called competition Moddes. That **** happens. If you had the opportunity for the NFL to sport your uniforms, wouldnt you do whatever it takes?
jmoddes

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:44 pm

i hear ya. hahaha

just sucks for all reebok employees who work the retail. :p
The_Mastor

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:27 pm

A-Ray wrote:
If he wants a Super Bowl, the 49ers were the best choice. Good defense, good offensive weapons. I don't think that playing against his brother was any detriment.

While, I can see your reasoning behind the not wanting to play the Colt every year, I don't think that was a factor either. Peyton is a competitor and would want that IMO. From what I'm hearing around hear, the biggest reason he didn't wanna come to TN is because it was too much of a spectacle, fan fare, whatever you want to call it.

In my opinion, the first perk you mention is what got Manning to Denver. The Elway connection is what made it happen, without Elway Manning is a Titan, since ol Bud Adams, and pretty much everyone else in the state would have given Peyton anything he wanted.

Just in case you guys haven't heard, Nissan (based in Smyrna) was gonna give him a brand new Nissan Titan, one of the Radio stations was going to rename itself The Peyton, Shoney's (HQ in Nashville) had agreed to give him free Panckes for life, and Moon Pie (based in Chattanoga) offered him free Moon Pie's for life.

See, I told you guys, some Tennesseans were dumb.

I can probably agree if Elway wasn't high up in the Broncos Manning would not have gone there. Already being surrounded by people you know is a great comfort. icon_biggrin.gif
Aken

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:32 pm

Tebow as a Packer, doing stuff like fullback (Packers doing the Wildcat would be redonkulous), special teams shenanigans, place holder, maybe a little outside linebacker pass rush for **** and giggles. THAT could be interesting.
jmoddes

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:36 pm

tebow as a packer and chanced of winning the superbowl just stopped.
Aken

Post Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:57 pm

Because of what, exactly?

The guy is an interesting player, for sure. And the Packers could use some ground support and some tricks up their sleeve. I mean, our star QB has the second most rushing touchdowns. Our top two running backs had just as many TDs as Rodgers did by himself!

They also have a baby second string QB in Graham Harrell, so if anything did happen to Rodgers, it'd be nice to have someone with some substance fill in.

Not saying that he's a choice pick or anything. But he'd bring something unexpected to the Packers. And based on our last season, we could use a little diversity.
The_Mastor

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:30 am

Jets just picked him up. TERRIBLE place for Tebow to go. I don't know how many of them absolutely hated him last year it will take a lot of effort to make that locker room peaceful... i feel bad for him having to go into a trainwreck and hornet's nest like the jets. Should be interesting to see what they do with him though.
Aken

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:22 pm

Wow TONS of NFL activity over the past couple days.

I agree with Tebow to the Jets being awful. I dunno if this is their last ditch effort to get that team to come together or what, since Tebow did manage to bring the Broncos a bit closer towards the light. They just resigned Sanchez for three years, so unless they're trying to get him to step up (kinda like Orton and Romo in Dallas, IMO) it'll be an even more divided locker room.

Who dat Saints team that got PWNED by the NFL? Haha WOW. Sean Payton suspended for the entire 2012 season. Who knows if Gregg Williams will ever work again, either. Tisk tisk.

49ers retain Alex Smith with a three year contract. They're probably mad that they couldn't come up with a free agent, and they don't have a high draft pick, so this is their only chance to have a decent team still. Maybe Smith can grow up a little more and get better.
The_Mastor

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:30 pm

It will be interesting to see if the 49ers get better than last year. Since Alex was having a fit about that 3 year contract and started going to talk to other teams. He isn't that good but after this season his ego must have skyrocketed to turn down the 49ers at first icon_rolleyes.gif

I did not see that sean payton got suspended for the WHOLE SEASON?!?! Wow they really laid down the hammer!
A-Ray

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:43 pm

Yep, S. Payton done for the season, and I think G. Williams is done indefinitely.

Also, just read that there is a hiccup in the Tebow to the Jets deal. It could fall through and if so, the Rams are likely to step up.
Aken

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:26 pm

I don't see how the Rams could benefit from him, either. They just need to give Bradford some better coaching and more playing time. Although they do have extra draft picks they could trade, thanks to their deal with Washington.

I doubt Packers would try very hard to retrieve Tebow, anyway. They would only offer low draft picks (6/7 rounders).
The_Mastor

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:44 pm

Jaguars are next in line if the jets dont want to pay the $5mil. He is probably better off going to the jags anyways. That leaves no backups for manning if tebow leaves, and im sure they will fill that void with ****... didnt they learn anything from the colts about doing that...?
jmoddes

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:24 pm

i know you guys discussed it.. but OMFG!

Aken

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:59 pm

Wisconsin got bumped off by #1 Syracuse tonight. Down to Marquette now, who will hopefully take care of the Gators here. They're not playing the greatest, though, and it seems Florida has more fans.
Aken

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Yup, there goes Marquette now, too. So much for Wisconsin brackets! Not that I'm surprised. It seems like every year one or both teams get close to the 16/8/4 and never get very far into it.
jmoddes

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:09 pm

i was at bdubs after work and after the game.. some guy was... well ****.

swearing was an understatement of what he was doing
The_Mastor

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:27 am

Damn i wanted syracuse to lose that one. Terrible clock management by wisc there at the end.

Time for the tar heels to step it up tonight!
Chris

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:20 pm

How could you want Syracuse to lose?! (hometown support here, lol)

Im stoked they are doing so well without Fabmelo.
The_Mastor

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:07 pm

Because the only guy rivaling me in the bracket money pool is someone who has syracuse winning it all biglaugh.gif

Hats off Ohio, you guys played a great game. We pulled it out though, by the skin on our teeth. Did not look pretty at all without kendall so we will need to get some good practices in before sunday icon_eek.gif
coolbam

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:15 am

Kansas, if they get with it, will destroy UNC. I hope they do.
The_Mastor

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:51 am

They had trouble getting past nc state, which so did unc so kansas vs unc should be a good one icon_biggrin.gif
The_Mastor

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:44 pm

Yes, syracuse down! UNC don't fail me now!
coolbam

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:57 pm

This Kansas and UNC game has been good the whole way thus far
banned from SG

Post Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:45 am

So lets step to the NBA. Who's got who in the finals/winning?
kornholio788

Post Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:59 am

Lol NBA. WASTE!!!!!!!
jmoddes

Post Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:23 am

kornholio788 wrote:
Lol NBA. WASTE!!!!!!!
The_Mastor

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:16 am

Gotta hope the Mavs put it in gear and go far but it isn't looking good at this point. Heat do look good, Thunder, Bulls are probably the top 3. But, let's go MAVS! Do some work!
Aken

Post Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:24 am

Basketball sucks.
The_Mastor

Post Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:16 pm

Playoff time is when it is good. But when you work somewhere with a good amount of downtime and a TV, you get into ANY sport that is on. Except women's, we will turn it to anything else as long as it isn't that. biglaugh.gif

I don't think it will happen this year but maybe next. Vince needs a ring before he rides off into the sunset. For the amount of **** teams he has had to play on he deserves one. Amazing high flyer and will always be remembered as the greatest at what he did. Sorry, Blake, you don't have a shot at matching what Vince did.

By the way, any family guy fans who might get the joke will enjoy this. I saw an interview of that Baylor chick who dunked in the NCAA tourney and my god her voice made me do a double take. And at the moment the only thing going through my mind was Stewie on the golf course with the girl and dangling in-between her skirt screaming "she's a fraud!!!" biglaugh.gif

Seriously go listen to this chick, youtube Brittney grimer interview (spelling?) and you will for sure go icon_eek.gif
Aken

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:05 pm

NFL schedules were released today. Packers have an interesting year ahead. Statistically the second-easiest schedule based on last year's win/loss records, but four big games right out of the gate, and then three consecutive road games after that.

Also no Thanksgiving or Christmas games, since starting in week 4, every single Packers game is on Sunday.

http://www.packers.com/gameday/schedule.html
The_Mastor

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:27 pm

Yikes! Broncos schedule is going to be rough. Going to really make or break this new team. No hiding your way into the playoffs, we are going to have to fight our way there this year.

Playing the Steelers first game of the season at home I find pretty ironic though
kornholio788

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:32 pm

Aken wrote:
NFL schedules were released today. Packers have an interesting year ahead. Statistically the second-easiest schedule based on last year's win/loss records, but four big games right out of the gate, and then three consecutive road games after that.

Also no Thanksgiving or Christmas games, since starting in week 4, every single Packers game is on Sunday.

http://www.packers.com/gameday/schedule.html

Altough it is kinda tradition to play on the holidays. I am ok with it. Always fun. But holidays distract me yelling at the tv like I enjoy haha. Can't swear like I can in front of my grandparents lol.
jmoddes

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:44 pm

packers last 5 of 6 games seem a bit challenging yea?
Aken

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:08 pm

The season always ends with mostly NFC North battles, that's nothing new. It will depend on how the other teams are doing. I think if the Packers can battle through the first 4-5 weeks with wins (or a winning record), they'll easily be on their way to the playoffs once again.
jmoddes

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:36 pm

saints i think are they're only real threat.
Aken

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:40 pm

49ers were in the NFC championship game. Bears have been collecting free agents like crazy. Seahawks have Matt Flynn now, which will be an interesting game. Saints are all sorts of messed up with their bounty fiasco and a banned head coach.
kornholio788

Post Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Ya saints will either be amazing because they want to show everybody up that hates them now(pretty much everybody but saints fans.) or they will suck major ****(which is what I am guessing) since there is so much going on to distract them and they have lost alot of coaches and such that may have been big parts. Will definitely be interesting to see.
Chris

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:07 am

Remember Aken, the Bills started 5-1 last year. And ended 7-9 or something crazy. Haha

We haven't made the PLAYOFFS in 12 years.
jmoddes

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:20 am

Does anyone think the vikings will go to L.A.?
Aken

Post Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:32 am

Even if they do, it's not going to happen anytime soon. The L.A. stadium situation is all amuck right now.
jmoddes

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:29 pm

NFL Predictions??

NFL overall (i read the entire thing aken) say Packers vs Patriots Packers being favored.

SI thinks Packers vs Broncos again Packers being favored. What are your thoughts??

mine... no way packers D will be capable of stopping enough scores and drives. same time, i've only seen overall 5 quarters all of which were second and third string players for the preseason so that sku's my judgement.
The_Mastor

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:57 pm

Broncos have the 2nd hardest schedule in the league only behind the champion Giants. So, if they make it to the playoffs with a healthy record they should be super bowl bound. After the Packers disappointment last season I would hope they would be motivated to get back to the super bowl. I would thoroughly enjoy a Packers vs Broncos super bowl icon_biggrin.gif
jmoddes

Post Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:31 pm

It's been 15 years since Elway and Favre meet at the superbowl. Elway is hosting this years superbowl?? that would be interesting.
Aken

Post Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:26 pm

I hate making predictions early, based on speculation. Packers obviously had their offense going last year. Combine that with healthy tight ends, a veteran running back, and a combo backup WR / special teams guy, I don't see why they can't repeat that. Defense will need to show they can step up. Hoping our 7 defensive draft picks actually lead to that.

Everyone said Packers were Superbowl bound last season, too, and they choked at home to the Giants for the second time in a few years. I'd REALLY like to avoid repeating that scenario again, to the Giants or anyone for that matter. The season we won was a wildcard entry and three road games. Maybe that works better for them. (shrug)

I don't see the Broncos going. Guess I just don't trust Manning.

I'm rooting for Miami in the AFC, just because I've always kinda had a thing for them as the underdog in the Patriot's division, and because the Packers' old offensive coordinator Joe Philbin is head coach now. So I'm hoping for a Packers - Dolphins bowl, even though it's probably not likely.

Oh, and players on my fantasy team should do well, mkay. :D

Definitely looking forward to the season, though!
The_Mastor

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:44 pm

No need to put it all on Manning, Aken. This team had a defense that always kept them in games and the best running offense in the league. They had 8 wins with this team and won a playoff game in one of the greatest moments in sports history which I can proudly say I witnessed in person. Now, toss in one of the greatest QBs alive and you have quite the powerhouse. Not to mention THE BEST clutch kicker as a little gravy on top. Manning and the first team offense looked very good in the limited preseason time. The main thing was that the offense line looked great even with a very big hit losing one of our main guys up there. And Manning got absolutely rocked on one play (lifted off of his feet, speared into the ground, neck whiplash BAD!) Just popped right up and threw a TD pass after a run play.

All speculation obviously but I have high hopes for this year, might have to start planning playoff games to go to again biglaugh.gif
jmoddes

Post Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:17 pm

someone's not a bronco fan at ALL.. lmfao
Aken

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:37 am

The_Mastor wrote:
No need to put it all on Manning, Aken.

In this league in this day and age, your QB needs to perform. I'm not putting it all on Manning, but if he can't do his part, the rest of the team isn't going to be able to carry him. And I don't think he'll be able to do what he has in the past. Not yet at least.
The_Mastor

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:31 pm

Agreed. He won't be his old self but he will be a big upgrade to our past QBs which is what we needed. biglaugh.gif
kornholio788

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:24 pm

Still think they are going to make it all the way every year? Not trying to knock on you but I just don't personally see it. They lost 8 games last year. Not exactly superbowl material. Manning will be better than tebow yes. But like aken said he needs to perform. He's the QB, one of the biggest most important players on the team. And in the first year I just don't see him performing and flowing with a brand new team like he did with his old team.

Packers are looking good. Rogers will continue to progress and perform better and better with experience. I am PRAYING we actually get some defense this year.
jmoddes

Post Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:07 pm

if manning and his wr & te are able to hook up and there is incredibly communication and flow like there was in Indy, then broncos will be a HUGE contender. if the flow is every 3 drives... meh we'll see.
jmoddes

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:23 pm

bet a single 6 inch flex strip, any color that giants win. anyone wanna take the bet? :D

EDIT:
bets are off :/
Aken

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:18 pm

Haha, you lose! :-p

Semi tempted to pick up Ogletree in my Fantasy, now. But I'm not going to, since I have no idea what I'm doing.
jmoddes

Post Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:04 pm

i know i lost. i didn't realize dallas spent $$$$$$$$ on receivers homo can throw to. Dallas may be a wild card contender this year.. not a joke
Aken

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:35 am

Why the Romo hate? He's from Burlington, you know...
A-Ray

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:49 am

Dallas didn't spend money to get WR. They've had a "good" offense. Romo is the weak point IMO.

The biggest upgrade for Dallas came on Defense. That's what cost them last year.
jmoddes

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:10 am

Aken wrote:
Why the Romo hate? He's from Burlington, you know...

Never been a fan.... at all.
The_Mastor

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:36 am

Giants secondary looked extremely weak or not even trying. Front line was making Romo run everywhere but the secondary just let everything go through.

Romo is a known choke artist and makes terrible decisions is why no one likes him. He made a few good plays that game but I would put that loss on the Giants secondary over Romo making a good play.
Aken

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:47 pm

You'll notice that on most of those plays for long yardages or 3rd and long, Romo kills the first play based on what he sees in the secondary. Sure, the secondary is what broke down, making receivers open, but credit to Romo for seeing that potential opportunity and calling the play in the first place. It's exactly what happened on the first long TD to Ogletree when he did that sick stutter step.
The_Mastor

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:19 pm

Good points there. Credit where credit is due. See if the rest of the Cowboys season goes as well as that game.

Can't wait for sunday night football!! Be a great eye opener to see how the new Broncos can play against the #1 defense while everyone is watching!
jmoddes

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:25 pm

that was his 3rd best CAREER GAME!! wtf?! doesn't dude from Bears have better games than that?!?! I was laughing hysterically when I heard that was his 3rd best career game.

giants secondary... weren't one of them 21 a rookie and out of high school??...
A-Ray

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:05 pm

dude from the bears, someone watches a lot of football. BTW, its Jay Cutler.

Out of high school? That's impossible you have to be 3 years removed from HS to even think about going to the NFL.
jmoddes

Post Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:35 pm

he's 21... lol
i know its cutler.. i live in bear/packer rival city remember!? i just think his name isn't worth typing..
The_Mastor

Post Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:00 pm

Broncos.

That is all.
jmoddes

Post Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:21 pm

well today was the first day of football.. and me starting my set schedule of working open to close....:/ nice knowing you Sunday Football. so please, unless I am somehow able to see the game, inform me on some good stuff. I'll be catching highlights tomorrow on sportscenter icon_smile.gif
02BlueStang

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:17 pm

I'll bet you see the 49ers in the superbowl this year...call me crazy, but we'll see.
The time now is Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:22 am
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2