Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

The Sports Thread - Page 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:58 pm

02BlueStang wrote:
I'll bet you see the 49ers in the superbowl this year...call me crazy, but we'll see.

won't be surprised.

i'm sorry, but these refs are truly freggin' terrible hahahaha it's not worth watching football until the regular refs come back. I'm glad I work all day sundays now icon_smile.gif
jmoddes

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:59 pm

well... i again only seen the second half of this game... i thought the bronco's did moderately well minus one receiver missing the game changing catch. Thoughts?
The_Mastor

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:17 pm

Terrible start for everything regarding the game in the first half. Peyton giving out picks like the ice cream truck. Then the refs couldn't call something correctly to save their life icon_rolleyes.gif

Second half looked more like the real deal. Two plays (Manning sacked on 3rd down at the 50 wit like 6 minutes left, and then letting them get that 3rd down at the end with 2 minutes left) and they would have had the win, very heartbreaking. Can't win um all though, let's move forward to playing the tough Texans next week.

I will give credit to the Falcons and their great defensive plan, very unique. Manning just dug too deep of a hole to come out of, even though they did have a realistic shot there at the end. Refs did not help anything calling bogus crap and having to have every play reviewed. Really? We have to use a challenge to overturn a tip ball pass interference play? None of the refs saw the BLATANT tip? icon_rolleyes.gif And then the fumble that Denver pretty clearly dove on, and came out of the pile WITH THE BALL nonetheless and they give it to the Falcons? Come on now. That was a huge change in the game momentum at that point.

Pretty sure John Fox popped a few vessels in his head yelling at the refs all game though biglaugh.gif biglaugh.gif
jmoddes

Post Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:07 pm

refs that one dude with the really wrinkly eyes after the game nailed it.... and i ABSOLUTELY agree with and said it at work. The nfl won't do **** about it because there is SUCH a demand for the game and people will go there anyways they would rather let the ppl just ***** and deal with it and that's that. simple supply demand. the demand is SO great, the supply will be there either way.. with or without the refs.
Aken

Post Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:28 am

You misunderstood his point (by the way, the "wrinkly eye" guy is hall of fame QB Steve Young). He wasn't saying the NFL doesn't care about teams and fans complaining. He was saying that the regular referees can't use their absence as a bargaining chip, because their absence does not affect the desire for fans to watch and attend games. About the only impact it has is the potential loss of income from teams not getting to the post season. That and **** off players/coaches.

I'm getting pretty tired of the referees, myself. The head ref tonight actually said "Um... Red" once when he was trying to remember the offending team's name or offensive/defensive position. Come ON... Doesn't mean I'll stop watching football, though, so Young is absolutely correct.

First place in my fantasy league this week, although still fourth overall. Next week I'm up against the #1 overall guy who is the last 2-0 record. Hoping to throw a 1 in his loss column.
A-Ray

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:02 pm

I'll call it now, the Titans will have 2, quite possibly 3 of the top 10 plays from this week in football. You guys mark it down.

There has been a 63 yard punt return for a touchdown, that looked like a replay of the Music City Miracle, a 105 yard kickoff return for a touchdown, which included a great block, and just now Nate Washington made an awesome catch over the DB and then went 70 yards for the TD!
A-Ray

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Ok, its now possible that there will be 4 plays from the Titans game in the Top 10. The DB just stole the ball from the TE as he was being tackled and went a large distance for the score.
A-Ray

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:20 pm

Holy ****!!! **** Hail Mary by the Lions to tie the game as time expired! There will likely be 5 plays from this game in the top 10!
Aken

Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:47 pm

There were some seriously close games this week. At least three in OT. Good stuff. My fantasy team is doing well - on track to be #1 again this week. Looking forward to the Packer game tonight.
The_Mastor

Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Absolutely HILARIOUS ending to the Packer game!!! biglaugh.gif biglaugh.gif

Unless you are a Packer fan. Then, well, I will still laugh biglaugh.gif
Aken

Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:57 pm

Yeah, horrendous calls for that entire last drive are hilarious. This isn't about the Packers losing - the entire referee situation has reached a boiling point.
The_Mastor

Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:34 am

Yes that was what I was referring too, the terrible ref calls throughout that whole game. And then a mind blower to top it off AND decide the game. biglaugh.gif

Knock it down Jennings, knock it down next time. Then there is no chance of this icon_smile.gif

I laughed pretty hard though when he just blatantly shoved that guy out of the way icon_lol.gif
Aken

Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:14 pm

The official NFL response acknowledged the blatant pass interference which should've ended the game, which is good. However, they still agreed with the call made about the catch, which I still cannot fathom. Tate didn't have his hand on the football until they almost reached the ground - he grabbed Jennings' arm, and then released to reposition closer to the ball. How that constitutes as simultaneous possession is beyond me.
jmoddes

Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:56 pm

although "i don't know what i'm talking about"

that's basically what Tate said as well.

Aken

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:22 pm

#1 this week, #1 overall still in my fantasy league. Woot!

The Packers loss was a big bummer. They threw away the game somehow. Injuries plaguing us once again, also. Although the year we had a bunch of injuries, we won the Superbowl. So you never know, haha. Next week @ Texans has me worried. Would be a nice booster to give them their first loss, for sure, but I'm not holding my breath. I'll still start Arian Foster on my fantasy, lol. Might as well get some good from them running all over us (which they will).
The_Mastor

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Broncos gave the game away, AGAIN. All of their losses they have been one play away from taking back control and then they shoot themselves in the foot. Take away these dumb mistakes and we should be undefeated. Although we can hang our hat on almost beating both of the 5-0 teams, so our losses are good losses.

Next week play the Chargers for the division lead so that will be a big one.

I will say I am leaning toward starting the rookie Hillman in place of McGahee... His mistakes in the last game really hurt his stock. And Hillman has been very impressive so far. We will see if the Bronco staff looks at it the same way.
jmoddes

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:36 pm

Dam broncos. Awesome AWESOME come back. Rivers has never been a good quarterback, why people don't realize this and chargers toss him to the side is beyond me.

Rivers DOES have good plays here n there. I never seen a good entire game out of him, haven't ever and probably never will. My opinion. Waiting to see how this game ends.
Aken

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:56 pm

jmoddes wrote:
Rivers has never been a good quarterback, why people don't realize this and chargers toss him to the side is beyond me.

Four straight AFC West titles, four Pro Bowl selections, 2010 NFL Alumni quarterback of the year award, a slew of franchise passing records. Sounds like an awful quarterback to me.

That was a hell of a game to blow by the Chargers, especially at home. I wouldn't have seen that coming after that first half. While I am not an ESPN announcer who likes to suck Manning's wiener, he did his part for that comeback. Defense also made up for the special teams gaffs. It certainly got exciting - I was almost ready to turn it off after the first half, it was so boring and one-sided.

How about them Packers, though? icon_biggrin.gif icon_biggrin.gif
The_Mastor

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:05 pm

Packers played like their last two games they got robbed... biglaugh.gif

Epic comeback for the Broncos, so many ways they shot themselves in the foot in the first half it was speechless seeing them overcome that ON THE ROAD! Put those performances for the entire game instead of only the second half which seems to be the trend and this team will be rolling all over the competition.

Great way to go into a bye, must win stunner, full speed ahead sheriff!
Aken

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:18 pm

I'd say it's a shame they have a bye, personally. Usually you want to ride momentum like that - especially if there's no injuries or anything that might impact next week.
jmoddes

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:06 am

Aken wrote:
jmoddes wrote:
Rivers has never been a good quarterback, why people don't realize this and chargers toss him to the side is beyond me.

Four straight AFC West titles, four Pro Bowl selections, 2010 NFL Alumni quarterback of the year award, a slew of franchise passing records. Sounds like an awful quarterback to me.

see these awards I already know of and I don't understand it. idk. for me, its one of those things, I just don't like him I guess? His stance presnap, to while in the play, to how he throws the ball to his retarded ass facial language afterwards... just highly dislike him.

Date Game Result
Jan. 17, 2010 AFC Divisional N.Y. Jets 17, San Diego 14
Jan. 11, 2009 AFC Divisional Pittsburgh 35, San Diego 24
Jan. 3, 2009 AFC Wild Card San Diego 23, Indianapolis 17
Jan. 20, 2008 AFC Championship New England 21, San Diego 12
Jan. 13, 2008 AFC Divisional San Diego 28, Indianapolis 24
Jan. 6, 2008 AFC Wild Card San Diego 17, Tennessee 6
Jan. 14, 2007 AFC Divisional New England 24, San Diego 21

since rivers.. this looks promising. I just... idk I'd like to see another quarterback in his this spot to see how that guy does with the team chargers have.

his average QBR since he's been a start for the entire season hasn't surpassed the rating of 75

although i guess that isn't much from the Superbowl champ who last year had 75.9. and Brady who is "one of the NFL all time great QBs" isn't all great with ratings.

Back to Rivers... I don't like hwo he plays.. ill just stay away from watching the chargers offense icon_biggrin.gif
The_Mastor

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:16 pm

Aken wrote:
I'd say it's a shame they have a bye, personally. Usually you want to ride momentum like that - especially if there's no injuries or anything that might impact next week.

I agree with you there on the momentum part but they do have injuries they need to nurse real quick. Von Miller was in some pain for something during that game, one of the D-ends went out with something, Porter (safety) was out sick (even though his replacement returned that fumble and had a clutch interception, might have proved he is ready to be out there) and mcgahee always needs rest it seems like his leg is always ready to go out which is why I think they should start giving Hillman the bulk of the touches. Not to mention they need to get Decker some better laces or something, tripping over himself on that touchdown pass biglaugh.gif The worst part about that whole thing is the next few plays is when that pick six happened. That was the moment I was thinking this game could just not get any worse, and I was right, it went the other way. biglaugh.gif

Momentum is great but get these little injury kinks out (especially von miller) and we will be ready to roll in two weeks. I couldn't even imagine the atmosphere into a bye if they lost that game like 31-0 or something, two games down in the division... icon_eek.gif
Aken

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:17 pm

jmoddes wrote:
see these awards I already know of and I don't understand it. idk. for me, its one of those things, I just don't like him I guess? His stance presnap, to while in the play, to how he throws the ball to his retarded ass facial language afterwards... just highly dislike him.

Then say you don't like him, instead of calling him an awful quarterback.

And who's ass are you pulling QBR stats out of? He's at 85.3 right now for this season, and his lowest EVER after becoming the full-time starter is 82.4. Please please please, Jordan, for your own sake, look something up before you post.
Aken

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:19 pm

The_Mastor wrote:
Momentum is great but get these little injury kinks out (especially von miller) and we will be ready to roll in two weeks. I couldn't even imagine the atmosphere into a bye if they lost that game like 31-0 or something, two games down in the division... icon_eek.gif

Yeah, that's very true. Going in with a loss would be worse.
kornholio788

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Seahawks vs 49ers.

Who is going to win and why? Thinking about putting big money on this game as the parents are in vegas this week.

Also am looking to put money on the pakers for like 3 or 4 of the upcoming games. Nothing huge just like 35 a game or so.
Aken

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:06 pm

I would pick 49ers. Two top defenses, but 49ers got a much better offense. Whatever happened to them in NY was a weird fluke.
kornholio788

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:11 pm

Thats exactly what I thought and every odds site says niners. Pretty confident in that bet so putting a decent amount on the game.
Aken

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:41 pm

Alright Mastor, I'm gonna need your Broncos to keep Brees in check tonight, so I can pull off a miraculous fantasy win and keep my streak going!
The_Mastor

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:56 pm

I would say they did a nice job of him in check, besides that garbage time tosses and TD haha. Was it good enough?

icon_lol.gif
Aken

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:32 pm

Nope, wasn't good enough. That's okay, though. I expected the loss, and I'm still in first place overall, so no biggie.
The_Mastor

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:42 pm

And the Broncos won, you forgot that was the most important part! biglaugh.gif
Aken

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:36 pm

I don't care about that :-p Although I do have Broncos DEF on my fantasy bench, on the off chance that they have a more favorable matchup.
kornholio788

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:32 pm

omfg double fake onside kick. That was awesome hahahah
The_Mastor

Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:29 pm

Still hoping for a Packers - Broncos super bowl. Just don't mess it up over there guys icon_wink.gif

What we are actually on track for if it plays out like this the rest of the season: Colts would make it into the playoffs as a wild card and play the BRONCOS in DENVER. Wow, if that game happened it would be crazzzzzzy.
The_Mastor

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:50 pm

Hows that Broncos D doing on your bench Aken? biglaugh.gif
Aken

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:18 am

Who says I didn't play them this week? ;)

I didn't icon_sad.gif Wouldn't have mattered anyway, I don't think. Too many other starts put down awful numbers. My six-win streak has turned into a three-loss streak lately. Pretty disappointed.
The_Mastor

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:45 pm

Better step your game up buster! Do you play in a league with your buddies or just a random one? Wondering if you have any money on yours. We always use to do about $20 each with 1st and 2nd payouts. icon_biggrin.gif
Aken

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:48 pm

Me + 5 friends, no money involved. And my game is full of bad luck. Matthew Stafford gave me 11 points a couple weeks ago. Percy Harvin got hurt last week and I lost by less than two points.

I've been playing mostly by the points against ratings - start players whose opponents have given up the most points to that position. As of the last few weeks, it has not been kind to me. The depth that my team had earlier this year has been either injured (Maurice Jones-Drew), or stopped performing so well for whatever reason (Trent Richardson, Wes Welker, Stafford).

Guess we'll see what the remaining season brings. I doubt I will end up out of our playoffs, so I'm starting to look towards those weeks. Maybe see if I can trade up somehow.
kornholio788

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:13 am

INJURIES
Green Bay Packers
Terrell Manning LB Out Week 12 (shoulder)
Clay Matthews LB Out Week 12 (hamstring)
Sam Shields CB Out Week 12 (ankle)
Charles Woodson CB Out Week 12 (collarbone)
Greg Jennings WR Questionable Week 12 (groin, abdomen)
Andrew Quarless TE Questionable Week 12 (knee)
Donald Driver WR Probable Week 12 (thumb)
John Kuhn RB Probable Week 12 (hamstring)
B.J. Raji DE Probable Week 12 (ankle)
Vic So'oto LB Probable Week 12 (illness)
Erik Walden LB Probable Week 12 (ankle)

Still a awful list of incredible players to be on IL list. But good to see DD, Kuhn(big one there), and Raji back. But FUUUU do I want matthews back.
jmoddes

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:01 pm

how the hell is GB in wild card? if they win should they not be division leaders?
Aken

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:26 pm

jmoddes wrote:
how the hell is GB in wild card? if they win should they not be division leaders?

Yes, if the Packers win, they will retain division leader status.

This game worries me. We obviously have a bit of a thing with NYG right now. Having Matthews would really help pressure Manning and force some turnovers and stuff. But I think as long as our offense is on point, things will be better. Having Jordy Nelson back to relatively full health is great. None of this dropped-easy-pass nonsense today, though.
The_Mastor

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:22 pm

Packers got leveled like a prize fight uppercut. Pow POW!

Broncos are on the fast track, just need to see where they will fall in the seeding in the AFC to snag some tickets if the games dont interfere with next semester starting up.

Pats: 8-3 Broncos: 8-3 Ravens: 9-2 Texans: 10-1.

Battle for the 2 seed going on at the moment seeing as how the Broncos will play the Ravens in a few weeks, will be a HUGE game.

I have calculated out the rest of the season possibilities and if the Broncos beat the Ravens AND Patriots lose just ONE GAME, they take the #2 seed which would be huge. Granted 3 or 4 seed is fine but if we can skip the unpredictable wild card game we should be in prime shape.

Losing McGahee I think was a blessing in disguise. Seriously, love the guy, but he fumbled EVERY GAME except one and most were on key situations. I still don't know how they kept him out there with that track record and the talent behind him.
Aken

Post Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:50 am

Yeah, that game was disgraceful to watch. Bummed us all out for sure.
The_Mastor

Post Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:33 pm

Of course I have a final tonight when the Broncos are playing icon_rolleyes.gif

HOPEFULLY they do not slip in this game looking ahead to the most important game against the Ravens next week. It will suck if Ray Lewis comes back in that game too, they are at home, Ray will energize the **** out of those guys, and the crowd, with his return. It will be hard to overcome a day like that.
Aken

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:23 pm

I'd like the Ravens to win today. I like the 49ers but not since they beat the Packers. icon_biggrin.gif Plus it would be kinda cool to give Ray Lewis a ring. The media would eat that **** up.
jmoddes

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:26 pm

100% agree with aken.

I want ravens to...but 49ers will win it
Aken

Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:30 am

Well we won't listen to Jordan when it comes to game calls from now on, will we? :D

For not being tied to either team, it was a fun game to watch. Thought the halftime show was pretty decent -- Beyonce is nice to look at, and there were some cool effects. The power outage was fun, lol. It definitely changed the momentum of the game. Kind of interesting to see a safety happen on purpose, too. Some good commercials, too!
A-Ray

Post Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:34 pm

I didn't watch any of the halftime show at all.

I am glad the game was close and fun to watch. I personally am happy the Ravens won as I'm a fan of Ed Reed.
The time now is Tue May 22, 2018 8:29 am
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2