Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Installing a blue LED strip on my headlights

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:37 am

Car model: 2003 Subaru Legacy

I am wanting to install blue LED strips on my headlights so when I turn those on, the LEDs come on as well. Now when I open the hood I see 3 wires that come from the headlight and I was wondering if that is where I should add them too or if there is a different place to piggy back off of.

Any help is appreciated.

[/url]
bugs825

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:58 am

I would not put blue anyplace outside your car. When I was young and dumb I had the washer ports that were blue on my car. They lasted one ride and I got pulled over. The cool white is blueish and might be better.

But to answer you question, yes. You can get the wire taps and tap the low, or high, beam right there. The three wires are ground, low and high. You just have to figure out which one you are looking for. If you have a Haynes book or look it up online to find the colors.

Good luck!

Nathan
bad venge

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:44 am

I would NOT tap the high beams as they would only be on when the high beams on.
I find it better to tap the marker/ running lights
bugs825

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:15 pm

agreed

Nathan
jmoddes

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:17 pm

seen a blue strip on some guys car today... holy **** illegal. just be careful with it. that's all.
Expedition2012

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:10 am

I have seen some people with green lights and purple lights that are that neon tubing and this is probably the equivalent. These are the 60 leds/meter flex strip lighting so not ridiculously bright, but would it be better to attach to high beams so they would not affect normal lights incase a cop does say something? Also I think a police officer has to give a warning first for a vehicle modification before issuing a ticket in Delaware.

Spencer
bugs825

Post Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:54 pm

Maybe for a generic equipment violation, cracked windshild, but I don't think so for blue lights on the front of your car. There could be some serious problems if hes having a bad day and goes the route of impersonating a police car. They will tell you flat out that its your responsibility to know the laws and i'm sure that the law states that you cannot have red or blue lights on the front of your car. Good luck! biglaugh.gif

Nathan
Expedition2012

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:31 pm

Well this is for my friend's car and from what you guys are saying, im probably going to make up a waiver tonight saying that I am not responsible for any outcome of having them. If anyone knows anything about waivers tips on anything is appreciated. Thanks for the help guys. Oh also if any of you guys are interested in buying some flexible LED lights I have a 5 meters of RGB 5050 60 leds/m and about 13 feet of blue 3528 lights. More to come in stock later on.
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:42 pm

if its on a friends car just run it by him "Hey man, you might get pulled over for these since they are blue, you still want them?"
Expedition2012

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:21 pm

I have already told him that but he thinks he knows more about the law. Trust me im not a jerk when it comes to things like this, its just I dont want him saying in the end that I would be liable to pay any tickets that come his way.
bad venge

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:53 pm

Install them and removethe fuse , hand him the fuse and say you are not liable if he chooses to install the fuse and use them it's his responsibility
bugs825

Post Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:36 pm

Or, if you feel that he might sue you over a ticket, find a new friend!

Just saying!

Nathan
Expedition2012

Post Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:28 pm

^ Exactly haha. Well I got them all hooked up to his lights so I'll tell him to take some pics this weekend of them.
The time now is Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:31 pm
Page 1 of 1