Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Flexible waterproof LED strips DIFFERENT COLORS...HELP

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:42 am

If all the strips are plugged directly into each other,shouldnt they all be the same color? Mine arent. Any thoughts?
Aken

Post Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:54 am

LEDs are a color regardless of how they're powered. If you ordered different colored LEDs, they will be different colors.

Or are you saying that you ordered, let's say, white, but they are different shades?
jocoo26

Post Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:38 am

Sorry, my fault, I should of been more specific. Let me start again. I have 4 RGB million color LED strips connected to a 4 channel LED controller that I am using to light my footwells. When set to a solid color, all 4 strips are the same color when plugged into each other. I just ordered some RGB million color flexible waterproof LED strips and connected them to channel 2 of the controller. I connected all the strips to each other, and some of them are lets say red and some of them are blue. If looking at what I did for my interior, all the strips should be the same color when plugged into each other. Does this make more sense?
jmoddes

Post Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:12 pm

okay. do me....us a favor just to clarify and help you out.

look at the strip at EACH white square on the led strip when it is OFF. You will see each white square have a small red spot. that red spot needs to be in the same location on every one. if they are, then look at the wiring on how you connected all of them.

if ONE strip on a solid color has 2 different colors, take a picture of it and upload here.
jocoo26

Post Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:12 pm

how do i upload an image from my file?
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:18 pm

upload it to photobucket or a site like that. Then just use the direct image link

Code:
[img]www.yourwebsite.com/yourpicture.jpg[/img]
jmoddes

Post Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:53 pm

Tdawgthegreatest wrote:
upload it to photobucket or a site like that. Then just use the direct image link

Code:
[img]www.yourwebsite.com/yourpicture.jpg[/img]

never knew how to display the code like that. cool.
jocoo26

Post Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:51 pm

I still don't think everyone is understanding what my problem is. All of the red dots are facing the same direction, but that isnt my problem. I do not have multiple colors in the same strip. I have multiple strips connected to each other that are displaying different colors when plugged into each other. I am including a picture to help clarify my situation.

And it is not the channel of the controller, because I have switched channels and received the same results. My footwell strips are always the same color and my waterproof strips are not. This is very confusing. Unless I am missing something obvious??
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:08 pm

What kind of controller? Are you positive that they are all Common positive, or common ground?

Please link us to the products youve bought, so we can actually try to figure this out.

Or just make sure (im not sure how you hook your strips to the controller) that if its one of those (red wire, blue wire, green wire, ground/positive) make sure that the correct wires are in the right spots.
jocoo26

Post Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:37 pm

What do you mean what kind of controller? Oznium only sells one 4 channel RGB LED controller. Everything is common positive, and yes everything is connected correctly. I am not a newbie at wiring, electrical, LED, etc. I have checked all the obvious, and this is the problem that I am having. I just need to know from others that have these strips if all the strips should be the same color when connected to each other as my footwells are, or if these strips are different in some way, and if so, if theres a way to get them all to the same color. Thanks
Aken

Post Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:18 pm

Post the strip you bought. "RGB flexible LED strip" is surprisingly vague in these parts.

If you have one of the products that can be daisy chained, then if they are wired correctly they should all do the same color. So it's likely one of three problems:

1) You don't have a product that daisy chains well.
2) There is a small problem with the connections somewhere.
3) Your strip(s) have a defect.

I would recommend testing their connections, maybe altering the order which they're attached to each other, etc.
jocoo26

Post Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:38 pm

LOL. I'm not understanding how any of this can be vague, but for the sake of being thorough, I have included the links for the items I am using.

controller - https://www.oznium.com/led-controllers/rgb-led-remote-controller
led strip for footwells - https://www.oznium.com/flexible-led-strips/led-ribbon
led waterproof strip - https://www.oznium.com/flexible-led-strips/thin-waterproof-ribbon

I have also changed the sequence in which they are connected, but the colors remain the same. Watever color they are is what they stay at a different location in the "chain"
Also...When in color changing mode, all of the strips are displaying every color, so its not like one of the negatives isnt connected correctly.

I figured they all should be the same color, as my footwells are, but I just wanted to check with someone else before I called Oznium on Monday and sounded like a fool.
Aken

Post Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Well it's vague because you never said you have the ribbon strips until your post there. "Waterproof RGB million color flexible LED strip" can be attributed to 2-3 different products on Oznium.

It sounds like the negatives are messed up on one or more strips. Perhaps you can try flipping the strips around to see if it works with the connectors reversed. If that doesn't work, it could be a factory error. Oznium would be happy to replace them if you can't get them to work properly, but it doesn't hurt to exhaust your options first.
jocoo26

Post Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:10 pm

Believe me..I think EVERY option has been exhausted. I only have one of each wire in the controller since the rest are "daisy chained". If I try connecting the strips using the other end connectors, they either don't work or the LED is extremey dim, so I know that I am using the corect end of all the strips. Like I said..I have been using the other strips for a while as well as other Oznium products and have never had this problem, so I was just checking to see if anyone knew of a reason. I will contact Oznium on Monday and see what they have to say about it. Thanks to everyone for your help.
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:14 pm

jocoo26 wrote:
What do you mean what kind of controller? Oznium only sells one 4 channel RGB LED controller. Everything is common positive, and yes everything is connected correctly. I am not a newbie at wiring, electrical, LED, etc. I have checked all the obvious, and this is the problem that I am having. I just need to know from others that have these strips if all the strips should be the same color when connected to each other as my footwells are, or if these strips are different in some way, and if so, if theres a way to get them all to the same color. Thanks

You never said it was oznium products you purchased. You'd be surprised at how many people come here asking for help from their ebay purchases.

I personally didn't own a inferno wheel well kit, but thats what controller you are using. I'm assuming maybe that its just on a certain mode to where its doing this to your strips? Have you played with all of the functions?
jocoo26

Post Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:23 am

I spoke with Oznium and have a solution, so i figured I would close out this thread with the solution in case anyone else ran into the same problem. Oznium has recently changed all of their strips and are shipping them out in a new white re-sealable packaging as opposed to the tinted non-resealable package. Some of my strips were fom the old stock while some were from the new stock, so they started on different colors and were not able to be synced. Oznium is shipping me out new stock of the old ones that I received, but somehow I seem to be responsible for return shipping. I guess its better than still trying to figure out what the hell is wrong with them. Thanks to everyone for their input and I hope this helps someone from going through the aggravation that I did!

Last edited by jocoo26 on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:30 am, edited 2 times in total
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:05 pm

Hopefully the new strips work well for you!
The time now is Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:57 pm
Page 1 of 1