Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

How to get power from fuse box

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:10 am

So I need to run power from the fuse box under the hood for some lighting. Since I assume the fuse box is watertight, how do you get the wire out of the box? I don't see any openings unless it is hidden on the bottom. Do I just drill a hole somewhere and silicone around it?

Also, do I need to us an Add-A-Circuit where there is an existing fuse or are all of the empty slots hot and I can put the Add-A-Circuit there?
bad venge

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:34 am

Since you don't list vehicle it's impossible to give an EXACT solution.
Some empty fuse spots are hot , you have to verify with meter or test light. Then look at the color of the wire on the output side of the fuse and tap/splice into that.
You can use an add a fuse and might be able to run the output wire thru the empty fuse slot. or drill notch the case most are water resistant more then waterproof.
You can also use the add a fuse inside the car fuse box
sharpasaurus

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:54 am

Thanks for the really quick reply!

I'm installing the oznium vertical vent lights on my 09 Scion Xb. I may just run a new wire directly from the battery with an inline fuse. I think that may be easier. The reason I was going to use the fuse box is so the power was switched with the ignition. I don't want to worry about leaving the lights on. I would like to run them as DRL's.
bad venge

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:12 am

or tap power from the DRL's ?
sharpasaurus

Post Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:23 am

My car doesn't have DRL's, that would be easiest! icon_biggrin.gif

I suppose I could always just find the ignition wire coming out of the fuse box under the dash and use a T-tap.
The time now is Sun Jul 15, 2018 5:54 pm
Page 1 of 1