Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

How to make a disco panel with pre-wired addressable rgb led

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:52 am

Hi I am doing a project at my nite club

I am building 5 different panels of glass bricks each consisting of 5 or 6 horizontal rows of glass bricks which will be illuminated by individual led pixels inside each glass brick.Each glass brick must be controlled individually to create different pre-programmed patterns of my choice in colours of my choice including light show by the beat of the music. The glass bricks are 200mmx200mm x 80mm deep.The wiring will run into a 16mm wide electrical plastic duct that runs vertically between the different rows of bricks .This will make it possible to replace faulty led's in future. Panels will be visible from front and back because sum of them will be utilised as room dividers,so the led pixels cannot be inserted from the back as in the case of a video wall.The result will be that all the wiring must run vertically up in between each row of glass bricks and at the top of the panel all the wires will enter a bigger electrical duct that runs horizontally across the length of the panel to the controllers,power source,dj mixer, etc

panel 1 ( o=glass bricks . I=wiring in between glass bricks)

_______<11m panel>___________<14m wiring from panel to dmx controllers etc>
oioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioio

52 bricks horizontally by 5 bricks vertically=260 glass blocks

panel 2 ( o=glass bricks i=wiring in between glass bricks)

_________________<6m panel>__________________<10m wiring to panels3,4,5>
oioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioioio

25 bricks horizontally and 5 bricks vertically=125 glass bricks

panel 3,4,5 ( o=glass bricks . I=wiring in between glass bricks)
_<2m panel>__<3m gap>__<2m panel>__<3m gap>__<2m panel>_<10m to dmx
oioioioioioioioio____ oioioioioioioioio____ oioioioioioioioio
3 panels of (9 bricks horizontally and 6 bricks vertically)= 54x3= 162 glass bricks

so in total I will require 260+125+162 = 547 pixels all individually controlled(except if I must put more led pixels in each block)
I am not sure how many controllers,power supplies etc I will need please advise me further

panel 1 must be controlled separately and must be able to function independently
panel 2,3,4,5 is in the same room and must be controlled independently as well as together

panel 1 will have 5 horizontal rows x 52 bricks in each row = 260 blocks
it must function on its own an must be connected to the dj box which is 15m away from panel
the panel must flash to the beat of the music and the dj must be able to control the light show with pre programed light sets according to his choice of song(so he must mix the light show as he would mix the songs)
in future I want to add another 2 panels inside the disco(panel 6 that will cover the dj counter from the floor to the counter top in tube leds 6 or 7 vertical rows with probably 10 tubes in each row that will look like a giant equaliser with the tubes lighting up in a vertical motion) and (panel 7 which will be similar to panel 1)
so please bear in mind that the dmx controllers and power supplies must have enough capacity for the addition of lets say another 800 leds

panel 2 will have 5 horizontal rows x 25 blocks in each row = 125 blocks
panel 3,4,5 will have 6 horizontal rows x 9 blocks in each row = 54 blocks x 3 panels = 162 blocks
panel 2,3,4 and 5 are in another bar and must be able to function together as a group and individually although 3,4 and 5 will operate together most of the time because they are close together with 3m gaps in between them and they act as room dividers

thank you ever so much ,i will really appreciate it soso much if you can help me

regards

gert claassen
bad venge

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:58 am

What HELP are you looking for ?
GERT CLAASSEN

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:23 am

I would like to know where to get those led pixels .They should be atleast of a 18-20 lumins
then i would like to have a wiring diagram of how to connect them up
and how many dmx controllers or other drivers i would need
Aken

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:27 pm

You should hire a lighting company. Your project is far beyond the scope of this hobbyist forum.
corvettecrazy

Post Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:44 pm

This really isn't that hard depending on your budget.

The lower your budget the harder it is going to be.

That being said, what is your budget?

And without reading anything but how many pixels you want, you need a controller that supports a minimum of 4 DMX universes. (512 channels per universe, if you want RGB then each light is 3 channels, so 170 lights per universe)
GERT CLAASSEN

Post Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:17 am

Hi an thanx a lot for yo positive response I also think its not so hard but i dont wanna make costly mistakes!!
my budget is bout R20 000 for now which is bout 3000 dollars , and if thats not enuf i will do it in stages as long as we do the planning for the hole project then i can do it in fases. Im doing a simple diagram on open office spreadsheet of the whole project which i will attach here if its possible to attach files to this forum
thanx again so much for yor support guys icon_smile.gif
The time now is Sun May 27, 2018 12:49 am
Page 1 of 1