Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Remote Control On/Off Switch (Reverse Polarity)

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:56 am

Hey Guys,

I bought the Remote Control On/Off Switch relay from Oznium and am planning to use it as a manual over-ride switch for a car fan. I'm simply wanting to feed the fan power wire with the relay. I didn't realize until after I bought it that it is ground switched relay. I can't use the ground switching with my fan as it is already permanently grounded to the car and if I disconnect the ground from the fan the car will no longer control it. What Id like to know is if theres any way to reverse this relay so that it provides a switched 12V instead of ground.

I have the following wires on the relay:

Red: 12V In
White: 12V Out
Black: Ground In
Yellow: Ground Out (This is the switched wire)
Blue: Antenna

I know you can reverse regular relays to provide either a (+) or (-) pulse so i'm hoping you can do the same with this one, just not sure how??? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Tyler
bad venge

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:03 am

you have a switch or an alarm or keyless entry that has a negative output that you wish to use to switch a device that requires 12V+ such as a horn, dome light, parking lights, head lights, hatch release, etc., wire a relay as shown below to convert the negative output (trigger) to a positive output.

User posted image
tylerc82588

Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:22 pm

Hey Bad Venge i appreciate the reply. However my relay is actually a sealed unit and it turns on and off with a keyless remote. I did open it up but there are no numbers on the chip board so im not able to wire it like the diagram u showed me. The directions just say its a switched ground. Is there a way to wire it like ur diagram? If so which color wires get what in comparison to the diagram? My wires coming out of the sealed relay are:

Red: 12V input
White: 12V output
Black: Ground input
Yellow: Ground output (this wire is switched on and off witb the keyless remote)
Blue: Antenna

Im wanting instead for the relay to provide 12V from one of the wires when the remote is switched on.

Thanks,
Tyler
bad venge

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:49 am

You ADD a second relay icon_wink.gif
tylerc82588

Post Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:16 am

Oh wow didn't even think of it that way! Thats what ill do then. Thank you for your ideas and help, much appreciated!
The time now is Tue May 22, 2018 6:29 am
Page 1 of 1