Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Remote control through CCTV DRV & android phone

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:07 pm

I'm trying to figure out how to wire this.

I have a home CCTV system and with a certain app on my phone, I can not only see my cams from anywhere in the world, I can control my PTZ camera as well. Which is really cool!

I ordered a bunch of LED's and a 4 channel remote, to install in various places around my house, and it would be even cooler to be able to turn them on/off with the phone as well.

I'm picturing some relays and some diodes in strategic places, but my poor brain still only sees dimly what the final product will look like...

Anyone have any ideas?
bad venge

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:07 pm

you'd nee some type of a reciever that would be activated from the phone
HiddenMountain

Post Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:05 pm

bad venge wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I am kinda hoping that there's a way to use the app, gDMSS lite, and the DVR, a QVIS Apollo, to accomplish this. If I have to get some more goodies I will though.

In my mind, such as it is, I can see the normally open or closed alarm ports being the conduits. Meanwhile, I'm waiting for an answer from my CCTV supplier about whether or not this can be done. I can set up mics and speakers/alarms to be set through the phone app, so I don't see why not...
Phokis

Post Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:16 pm

HiddenMountain wrote:
bad venge wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, I am kinda hoping that there's a way to use the app, gDMSS lite, and the DVR, a QVIS Apollo, to accomplish this. If I have to get some more goodies I will though.

In my mind, such as it is, I can see the normally open or closed alarm ports being the conduits. Meanwhile, I'm waiting for an answer from my CCTV supplier about whether or not this can be done. I can set up mics and speakers/alarms to be set through the phone app, so I don't see why not...

I know the particular dvr that you are talking about and you will not be able to do that from the application. Unless you found out some way to use the PTZ control feature in some way with a controller (rs-485).
HiddenMountain

Post Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:52 pm

Phokis wrote:
HiddenMountain wrote:
bad venge wrote:

Thanks for the reply!

I know the particular dvr that you are talking about and you will not be able to do that from the application. Unless you found out some way to use the PTZ control feature in some way with a controller (rs-485).

Ah, but you are wrong Keemosabe... I did get the DVR to control those circuits and can now control them via my phone from anywhere in the dang ol world! The DVR is a QVIS Apollo 8 channel. The app for my phone is gDMSS. And now, with the 12V 4 channel remote, I can wirelessly control those circuits at the house too.

So, it's all good!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Phokis

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:02 am

I am very curious can you explain how you were able to get this working?

Did you use the alarm port outputs to a controller?

What function on the software allows you to turn on and off the lights?
HiddenMountain

Post Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:28 pm

Phokis wrote:
I am very curious can you explain how you were able to get this working?

Did you use the alarm port outputs to a controller?

What function on the software allows you to turn on and off the lights?

Hi Phokis, yes, I used the alarm ports. There are 3 no/c ports on the back, and now there are two icon_redface.gif because they don't like a lot of amps icon_redface.gif ... icon_rolleyes.gif

The gDMSS app has a switch function that remotely controls those alarm ports.
The time now is Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:57 am
Page 1 of 1