Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Guitar pedalboard LED

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:07 pm

Hi guys, I'm planning to put some LED under the hood of my guitar pedalboard. I think the easiest way for me is the Pre-wired Ribbon LED Strips. It's 12V. I'm using a standard power guitar effects power supply that is 1,700mA 9Volt negative center DC with a 5.5 x 2.1 mm barrel plug. I heard it will work with 9V but not as bright at 12V. I have a solution, 9v to 12v adapter. My question is, can I use the negative center DC with a 5.5 x 2.1 mm barrel plug with to power the Pre-wired Ribbon LED Strips?

Many thanks in advance!
Aken

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:28 pm

You can't increase 9V DC to 12V DC, so an "adapter" for that is BS.

If you want as bright as possible, you'll need to find something rated for 9V, or wire up your own LEDs designed for 9V.

I've never heard of a "negative center" power supply, so I can't comment on that.
bad venge

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:23 pm

Just buy the proper 12 volt adapter...
phatbass30

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:20 pm

Aken wrote:

If you want as bright as possible, you'll need to find something rated for 9V, or wire up your own LEDs designed for 9V.

I've never heard of a "negative center" power supply, so I can't comment on that.

Yes I can and its not BS. It's a fact. By the way, my question was not about brightness. It's about usability. But thanks for chiming in anyway.

http://www.godlyke.com/power-all/godlyke-power-all-accessories/iso-pump-voltage-converter
phatbass30

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:23 pm

bad venge wrote:
Just buy the proper 12 volt adapter...

I saw some guys at YouTube did this but I don't know if they changed the tip of the connector. I have a small board, I'm just trying to avoid another wallwart adapter.

Thanks anyways.
jmoddes

Post Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:03 pm

phatbass30 wrote:
Aken wrote:

Yes I can and its not BS. It's a fact. By the way, my question was not about brightness. It's about usability. But thanks for chiming in anyway.

http://www.godlyke.com/power-all/godlyke-power-all-accessories/iso-pump-voltage-converter

Quote:
Not all effect pedals run off 9 volts, and for these oddball units there�s the Godlyke Iso-Pump Voltage Converter (formerly called the Godlyke Power Pump Voltage Converter). Designed to work specifically with the PA-9 Power-All, the Iso-Pump takes 9V DC and converts it to 12V, 18V, or 24V DC, selectable via an external switch. With the Godlyke Iso-Pump, pedals requiring 2 batteries, pedals with internal vacuum tubes, and many digital units can be powered directly off the PA-9 without the need for a separate power supply. The IP-1 can also be used to get more headroom out of certain overdrives. Best of all, the IP-1 features our proprietary �Ground Hound� ground isolation technology which allows use of pedals with opposing ground configurations to be powered off the same series power supply!

agreed with aken. BS. you need other power 9V + Batteries to try to hit 12V. sorry to burst the bubble, but i don't see it.

EDIT:

im too lazy to post a new comment. im bored with this topic. bst of luck

Last edited by jmoddes on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total
phatbass30

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:57 am

jmoddes wrote:
phatbass30 wrote:
Aken wrote:

Quote:
Not all effect pedals run off 9 volts, and for these oddball units theres the Godlyke Iso-Pump Voltage Converter (formerly called the Godlyke Power Pump Voltage Converter). Designed to work specifically with the PA-9 Power-All, the Iso-Pump takes 9V DC and converts it to 12V, 18V, or 24V DC, selectable via an external switch. With the Godlyke Iso-Pump, pedals requiring 2 batteries, pedals with internal vacuum tubes, and many digital units can be powered directly off the PA-9 without the need for a separate power supply. The IP-1 can also be used to get more headroom out of certain overdrives. Best of all, the IP-1 features our proprietary Ground Hound ground isolation technology which allows use of pedals with opposing ground configurations to be powered off the same series power supply!

agreed with aken. BS. you need other power 9V + Batteries to try to hit 12V. sorry to burst the bubble, but i don't see it.

Dude check out Godlyke Power Pump. Then tell me again if its BS. Because this thing will do the trick.
Aken

Post Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:59 am

If the adapter is cheap enough, get it, then use a multimeter to test the actual voltage output. If it's around 12V DC, then you're fine to power these lights off of it. How you end up connecting, I don't know -- find a barrel plug to two wire connector or something.

And don't be a know-it-all ****.
The time now is Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:45 pm
Page 1 of 1