Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Oznium LEDs in a Power Wheels Mustang

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:05 pm

I actually found Oznium looking around the internet for a place to purchase LEDs to install in a Power Wheels Mustang Sheriff's cruiser project that I have completed that was built for my granddaughter. I will attempt to upload pictures and/or video but may have to research how to do this.

(edit) I actually looked for a "how to" on uploading a picture but don't find one. I have no hosting site for the pictures, as they are on my computer. If anyone has any information on how to add a photo or two I would appreciate it. I am used to having the ability to upload to forums straight from my computer files. (edit again) I got the avatar photo uploaded which shows the car but real small (reduced in size).

Last edited by l1k2gadd on Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total
jmoddes

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:12 pm

drop box is super easy. plus you can use it as a cloud

otherwise for pictures tiny pic......
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:37 pm

photobucket! Wooooooooooooo
l1k2gadd

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:39 pm

I am reading up on the two sites. We'll see how this goes. I am used to uploading straight from my computer. Drat, I may have to delete the thread. I am not very computer literate so simple uploads to a forum are easy.
jmoddes

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:12 pm

okay.. download drop box and you don't need internet....... just put everything in the public folder.

when you go to show us pictures you can just post the link and one of us will change it for you. otherwise you use
Code:
[img]your url here[/url]
l1k2gadd

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:25 pm

I guess I have to learn this sooner or later, I figured out how to upload to photobucket for the first time, now to link the thread to the images and video....

User posted image[/URL]

...hm-m-m, now to submit it and try the next one.[/img]
l1k2gadd

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:28 pm

Now that I have pulled some of my hair out, and added a new wrinkle to my brain after learning that one, here comes another one...

User posted image

...and the second picture was easier to upload than the first! Wheeeee! What fun!

I am not sure if I can add video this same way but if I can that will be all for tonight. That will be my next attempt.
l1k2gadd

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:33 pm

In the previous picture I hadn't yet received the backordered LEDs for the last two lenses under the bumper. The video will show all of the LEDs in the front of the car and in the mirrors.

Thanks for all of the help teaching this old fart something new!

User posted image

I am not sure if this uploadedasa video or not, we'll see.
l1k2gadd

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:39 pm

Well, it workedfor me after clicking on the image so I guess that is how it should work? Maybe it worked because I am signed into photobucket?

Anyway, I may have some other videos to upload links to in the upcoming days. I am exhausted now. Enjoy the few uploads everyone! Thanks again, and thanks Susan at Oznium for making sure those last two LEDs got here in time to complete the car for my granddaughter's birthday a couple of weeks ago!

I will post a couple of pictures of the completed project in the near future if anyone wants to see it with all of the markings on it.
jdusty914

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:52 pm

Looks really good. I bet the kid loves it.
Tdawgthegreatest

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:40 pm

Looks great man, and you've mastered the internet! All in one post.
Tat2Dragons

Post Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:01 pm

Nice job! icon_cool.gif
jmoddes

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:09 am

awesome job on that! what kind of controller do you have?!
l1k2gadd

Post Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:35 am

I started out with only two of the Oznium mini LED controllers, the little ones with the three buttons on them (speed, mode, brightness if I remember correctly), Oznium Inline LED Controller is on the package label, 1-1946-502 is what the numbers are under the bar code on the label. There wasn't enough flash to the lights with two controllers so I expanded to four controllers. I built and installed an entire custom wiring harness for this little car with a vehicle fuse panel and all and hope I have it well protected in the event something overloads. Each contoller has its own fuse.

I fabricated reflectors and installed an LED in each rear lens for taillights that work with the headlights and I fabricated reflectors and installed LEDs run by those same controllers in the tail lights so it also looks like it has 6 strobes in the taillights. I don't have a good video of those yet, only trial videos. I will see if I can get updated front and rear videos when I visit my daughter and son-in-law in the near future.

My grandson will grow into the car at about the time my granddaughter grows out of it so it will surely get loads of use.
The time now is Wed May 23, 2018 1:52 am
Page 1 of 1