Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Murphy Bed lighting sysyem

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:12 am

I recently had installed a wall bed that has -4- LED lights installed in the upper 'ceilings'. -2- are above the bed frame and -1- each above the side frames. When the bed is down the -4- lights are controlled by a single switch which is only accessible when the bed is down. I would like to be able to switch the -2- side frame lights on/off by a separate switch. Currently the -4- lights are fed from a 9W LED power supply (input 110V, output 700mA). I would like to install another identical power supply feeding the -2- existing side frames lights and a switchable device and remote switch. Can anyone suggest an on/off switch and a remote switch that would accomplish this…..Thank-you.
bad venge

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:11 pm

https://www.oznium.com/power-adapters/ac-adapter the 2 amp would be more then enough and any switch would do , if you want to be fancy one of the remote switches would work as well
corvettecrazy

Post Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:20 pm

Need to be careful. Sounds like all 4 of the lights are on the same driver. Until you know how the lights are wired and the type of driver, then you can't just split it up.
oshawa

Post Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:01 am

Currently the power supply feeds all -4- lights and is controlled by a single switch. My plans are to separate the lights into pairs, leave -2- on the same switch and power supply, install (another) duplicate power supply for the -2- remaining lights. It is these lights that i would like to control with a remote FOB switching a suitable on/off switch.
I'm hoping that i can purchase a FOB and a on/off switch as a package if possible. Thanks for your interest.
bad venge

Post Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:33 am

oshawa

Post Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:07 am

It will now become abundantly clear that 'electrics' is not my suit.
The remote switch you recommend is considered a means of switching an 'electrical device' from a remote location. That's all is does, correct? This electrical device that is inter- wired between the power supply and the lights receives a signal from the remote switch (FOB) and controls the on/off function of the electrical device.
What i believe i need is a recommendation (ordering info) for the 'electrical device' that is inter-wired between the lights and the power supply���.. Thanks again.
bad venge

Post Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:01 pm

You'd need the power supply and the remote listed to turn on/off the lights
do to the tech tab on the remote for wiring info
The time now is Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:14 pm
Page 1 of 1