Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Boat Bow LED light is added to Led Stern light it goes out?

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:01 pm

Small speed boat 12v circuits. Navigation light circuit consists of Bow Light and Stern Light. I installed a typical factory made stern light with multiple LED's. I used two Oznium Prewired Superflux 4 Chip LED in the Bow Light. When I added the Bow light to the circuit the stern light went out? When both are independently wired they work fine but they both need to be on the same circuit. When I read the voltage on the front LEDs they read about 4.5 volts. I assume this is due to the resister? Doesn't make sense to me? Eyecrazy.gif I also intend to use more prewired superflux 4 chip LEDs to light up the interior courtesy lights would I wire them in series or parallel?
corvettecrazy

Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:03 pm

Are you wiring them in series or parallel?

Almost sounds like you wired them all in series, but the pre-wired are intended to be wired directly to 12V so they would need to be wired in parallel.
Capt Matt

Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:11 am

I wired them like normal 12v DC fixtures. That is a Marine PULL, PULL switch. Pull first notch=NAV lites in this case bow lights and stern lights. Black wire to common ground both red wires to first pull position 12v switched, second pull turns off Nav lights (first pull position) and turns on what ever the load is in this case its an Anchor light, Also LED and works ok. Just to be clear red wire from stern light with ring connector and the bow light with red wire with ring connector both attached to the first pull position lug on the switch.

What I need to know is how to get both lights to turn on and off on the same switch position.

For what its worth here is a link on Ebay like the unit I have.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/400279717568
Capt Matt

Post Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:07 pm

Apparently this must be a very serious problem which no one has an answer? Guess I should have bought HItlights I understand they have a support team? sleeping.gif
bad venge

Post Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:29 am

the problem is we don't have your boat and knowledge of the wiring on the boat
When you say 4.5 volts is that at the main wire connections going into the LED ?
If that's the case too low of voltage , disconnect the Led and see if the voltage jumps up to 12 volts If the voltage returns check your grounds for corrosion/resistance you don't state if the boats metal(Aluminum) or fiberglass .Aluminum use the hull for ground , fiberglass use wires
Chris

Post Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:13 pm

How did you wire it? Did you tie into the previous harness for the bow light or did you add a wire closer to the switch? You say when wired independently they both work. If you disconnect the original stern light, does the bow light come on and vice versa?
TRogers

Post Mon Jun 09, 2014 3:49 am

Capt Matt wrote:
Apparently this must be a very serious problem which no one has an answer? Guess I should have bought HItlights I understand they have a support team? sleeping.gif

Just to clear up any confusion, this is the Oznium forum that is open to the public, and 99% of us are not Oznium employees. The folks that have already posted here should be able to get you heading in the right direction after some initial questions, they are good at this stuff...but you can always try the actual Oznium support chat/phone line as well.

Hope you get it worked out!
The time now is Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:16 pm
Page 1 of 1