Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Definition of Sunroof, Moonroof?

What do you prefer?
a) sunroof
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
b) moonroof
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
c) both
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:18 pm

I know a lot the definitons between what a sunroof and a moonroof actually do but I've never liked those definitions. Those definitions that I've heard are a moonroof goes inside the vehicle between the ceiling and the roof and a sunroof slides out and abovce the roof of the car.

The definition that i think would make more sense is that a sunroof is when you open the sliding section and leave the tinted glass section closed. Thats what i believe is a sunroof cause it lets in the sun. The moonroof is when you open that tinted or not tinted (meaning no window at all just something that slides out to reveal a hole in the roof) would slide out of the way and reveal the moon cause you don't need tinted glass to look at the moon. Now I think its is possible to have both cause my car does and some others do to have a glass section and a ceiling material section that hides the glass.

Please tell me if you agree with me or am I just insane about this. The definitions that I hear all the time drive me nuts cause they make no sense to me at all.

Last edited by alienyoungjr on Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total
Wootzah

Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 5:28 pm

ok icon_rolleyes.gif
cheesy

Post Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:48 pm

I think they should physically be the same thing, and the name should depend on whether you're using it during the day or night...

Makes more sense. That said I like my moonroof on my Civic. icon_smile.gif
Knox

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 9:57 am

I never knew there was a difference. I just thought different companies used different names for it.
GoldenRod

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:25 am

I found this on-line:
Quote:
Generally, these two terms are used interchangably, and sometimes erroneously so.

Sunroofs are opaque panels that slide rearward and open completely whereas moonroofs are tinted glass panels that flip up slightly to allow air to flow. And some (but not all) moonroofs allow you to remove the glass panel and stow it elsewhere to open completely like a sunroof.
TypeRBass

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:49 am

i agree with the definition goldenrod gave icon_smile.gif
9sdime9

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 10:54 am

alienyoungjr wrote:
I [am] just insane about this.
alienyoungjr

Post Wed Jun 16, 2004 5:28 pm

hey he didn't write that its more like or am I insane about this.
The time now is Tue May 22, 2018 6:28 am
Page 1 of 1