Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

FlowLighting - New Brand - Page 1

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Author
Owner, Oznium.com

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:36 am

I've been working on this now for many months, and have finally been able to launch the new brand. It is called FlowLighting. For now, the only product is: FlowLighting Blaze 7 color LED underbody kit. There will be 1 foot tubes coming soon, and there will eventually be 100 color LED kits, regular neon kits, strobe lights, and more goodies.

What's so special about this 7 color LED kit, you say...

Well I honestly believe it is the best 7-color LED kit on the market. I've done side-by-side tests with the PlasmaGlow Fusion kit, and the Optx 7 color kit. The FlowLighting Blaze kit beats both of these in color accuracy and brightness.

7 colors are achieved by combining red, green, and blue LEDs. The spacing and LED quality are both important for getting GOOD colors. The FlowLighting Blaze kit is the only 7-color kit that I've seen with REAL purples, and whites. In short, the colors on this kit are very BRIGHT and VIVID.

Another great feature is the FlowLighting Blaze kit comes with a very slim remote control, which is used to control every function of the kit. Just point it at the remote display (which doubles as a microphone - for sound mode), and you can change the colors or patterns, etc...

There are 10 normal display modes. There are 8 music modes. The music modes can be controlled via a built in microphone, or a line in connection to your stereo. A RCA to Line-In cable is provided icon_lol.gif

You can control the sensitivity of music from the remote.... from 1 to 64 points. 64 = highly sensitive

More information is available at http://www.FlowLighting.com

It will be ready to ship in about a month. So... Probably around July 20th.

I appreciate your support of Oznium. It has allowed me to grow and start a new brand (FlowLighting). As always, I enjoy bringing you high quality products at competitive prices.

SHOUTOUT to NeonMike and Pontiac4evr_14!!!
They tested prototype kits a few months ago. I appreciate your help guys icon_wink.gif

Word has it that Aken (Eric) will be selling these for a nice price. Give him a week or so since he is still working out some details.
Bobby Lee

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:39 am

so that's what the prototype kits where... David got one too icon_surprised.gif

edit: wait... so you actually design and produce this kit? i don't understand...
Bobby Lee

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:51 am

never mind... Eric cleared everthing up for me icon_rolleyes.gif icon_biggrin.gif
Aken

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:01 am

Gotta start giving support somewhere icon_smile.gif
pOrk

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:19 am

Holla - kit is bright. I saw it in the Dells icon_twisted.gif
Bobby Lee

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:22 am

at Dells, i just thought that David's was either the fusion or OPTX kit icon_neutral.gif
pOrk

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:26 am

You were WRONGO BUDDY BOY! icon_twisted.gif
Bobby Lee

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:27 am

^^^ yep
threeball

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:08 am

What program do you need to view the video clip

Last edited by threeball on Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total
justin

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:09 am

dammmmmn....

a lil pricey for my blood, but the colors omg the colors..... b00tiful. id pimp the pink ;)

justin.
Bobby Lee

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:23 am

Phil's gonna be selling at about the MSRP. from what i've heard, Aken will have it for around $225 or so...
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:11 am

threeball wrote:
What program do you need to view the video clip

Hey... You'll need QuickTime... http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download

If anyone can convert that to WMV format, please let me know! icon_lol.gif
Tim

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:20 am

hmmm...I was thinking about the Optx 7-color..but maybe I'll get this?

Why wasn't I talked about to test this kit? I don't think Phil likes me very well.

edit

wait..do you own FlowLightning? I'm confused.
DragonJeep

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:55 am

Hey....I wanna be on the R&D team!!!!! biglaugh.gif
Brandon

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:16 am

Congrats Phil!
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:54 am

Yea I own FlowLighting. I have the price set kinda high on Oznium to encourage dealers. I can sell a much bigger volume if I sell to dealers and let them work with the customer to sell a kit at a time.
Brandon

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:09 am

I can covert that video if you hit me up a lil later. I gotta get back outside and do some yardwork now icon_confused.gif
Tim

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:37 am

I can be a dealer. Ship a few of them out this way.
dbismyname

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:30 pm

you gotta buy em buddy biglaugh.gif
stasis-

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:58 pm

id like them but i think ill just get a plasmaglow or something because of price deficit..whenver i actually get around to getting a newer car
Aken

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:46 pm

Stasis, you don't understand.

First of all, the Blaze kit is far cooler than the PG kit - even if the price were as much as Oz is selling them for.

Second, Oz is selling them at MSRP basically. I will be selling them shortly at a price less than that of the PG kit.
stasis-

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:09 pm

it looks alot brighter and better..and if your gonna have them cheaper maybe ill grab hem..gonna get an underbody kit soon as i get new car
Neon Mike

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:27 pm

Oh man Now I have to stop calling it the Prototype kit? LOL Anytime you need a hand, I'mm willing to help ya out Phil.

As Phil mentioned this kit is very accurate in color blending. It's brighter then the PG and OPTX kits. The remote is small ass hell, the controller small and very easy to hook up. Everything just plugs right in. The remote display is small but very versitle. It's design helps it almost look like part off your dash. You can really mount it anywhere and it looks like it belongs there. I've had this kit for a few months now and still haven't figured out what my favorite feature is. Definately the best 7 color kit I've seen and most of you know I've seen a bunch. LOL

Phil asked me to test it out a while back so I said yeah. I left the kit set for white on for 3 days straight. The controller got warm but not as hot as the PG wireles one does. The fuse holder did pop but the fuse was still good so I added a new holder. All in all the kit held up really well.

Phil if I didn't tell ya before you did a great job on this kit. Same with the site too. Keep up the good work man, I can't wait to see some more FlowLighting products.
Bobby Lee

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:32 pm

DragonJeep wrote:
Hey....I wanna be on the R&D team!!!!! biglaugh.gif

me too! icon_redface.gif

phil, do you need someone to stare directly at each LED to make sure its bright enough? icon_eek.gif i'm the man for the job pirate.gif
Tim

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:34 pm

I don't know if I should be offended or not that he didn't ask me. I thought I was a respectable member here. Maybe I thought wrong...
pOrk

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:45 pm

Why be offended? He lets the guys with no lifes test the **** biglaugh.gif

I'm glad he didnt have me test it - I would have ben playing with it all night the first dew days I had it...
Tim

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:47 pm

I have no life. I could of tested a million things for him. icon_cry.gif
pontiac4evr_14

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:49 pm

Wow i compleatly missed this thead puppy_dog_eyes.gif i was out looking at motorcycles today I made a thread of my own when i seen it was up. Mod please deleat from me.

I have had this kit on for i think 3 months now if some of you remember i was looking at the Fusion and thats when Phil hit me up about this. Im very happy that he did the PG kit has nothing on this. The Brightness can't even be compared to the fusion because of the huge difference. If anyone is thinking of buying the Fusion i beg you save up the extra bucks and buy the Blaze it is worth the extra dollars. Im glad i finnaly get to talk about this to everyone it been a pain holding it in. This is part of the reason i have been pulled over so much i need to hide the tubes a little better. icon_cry.gif

My hat goes off to Phil for creating this quality of a product. If anyone wants extra pics contact me and i will send them to you. Damn Phil couldnt have used the new ones he had to have the ugly wheels on there. oh well.

Congradulations and Good luck Phil.
Tim

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:52 pm

Send me some pics. Should give me a good idea of what this will look like on my car. Lucky ****... icon_cry.gif
pontiac4evr_14

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:01 pm

I hope they work i have like 30 others i can upload. The purple over exposed on the camera a little but the color is exactly how it looks. I was amazed at how the Purple looked i hated purple till i seen it on the Blaze now its what i use have the time. icon_wink.gif im not *** lol.
The only thing that is not perfect is the White which the red seems to over hang the white on the inside edge. I doubt it would happen on a truck like knox's but on cars the edge is a little red. the yellow has just a hint of it but it does look ok though. YEA CYCLONE COLORS. It doesnt affect the rest of the color of the yellow or white. Yellow is actually one of the brightest colors it produces. Still looks alot better than the PG i seen.

Last edited by pontiac4evr_14 on Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total
Goph

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:01 pm

This kit is very cool. I was very surprise on how well the color blend and the purple and aqua is sweet as hell.
In the time that David has had this kit it has had no problems that i remember and the tubes are very strong and withstand a lot.

I had several people at Dells ask me what type it was but i wouldn't tell them any thing other then it was a prototype kit and to ask David. I have not seen the optx kit in person but i have seen a PG one and this is by far better then that kit.
Knox

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:03 pm

I think I'm going to change out my Fusion kit for this kit. If anyone is looking to buy a Fusion kit, just ask me.(Music mode doesn't work)
pOrk

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:06 pm

How much? I could use another kit icon_twisted.gif I need to replace my OPTX 7 Color kit still.
pontiac4evr_14

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:09 pm

What no blaze for you Pork or are you going to have that too. icon_eek.gif
Tim

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:11 pm

God...Goph had one too!? Everyone but me...
Highneo

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:12 pm

Damn Phil, You just keep on growing! Congrats on starting flowlighting. Good luck with it and i'm sure that it will be sucessful. I might get one of your kit real soon.
Tim

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:14 pm

He's one rich kid. I hate money. I need to get lots of money. Me and Oliphant are starting our own business.
pontiac4evr_14

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:18 pm

Goph never had one he was talking about how everyone at the dells was asking him what the kit on my car was since i wasnt saying anything i didnt even say prototype. Gavin asked me but i told him to talk to phil about it and he already knew about is so.
Tim

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:21 pm

Oh, okay. btw..who's Gavin?
TypeRBass

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:24 pm

finally released! i remember you showing me a video of it months and months ago icon_smile.gif glad to see its done and ready for selling icon_smile.gif good job phil! i would buy one in a heartbeat, but i already have an ice icon_sad.gif

Last edited by TypeRBass on Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total
Tim

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:25 pm

TypeR was onto this too! icon_eek.gif
DragonJeep

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:26 pm

Tim settle down....I think he picked people that were actually about to buy a UB to test the kit out. Like pontiac was looking into the Fusion and then he was asked to try that one out...
Tim

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:28 pm

I've been looking into buying a kit for months now.
pontiac4evr_14

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:36 pm

Did you PM phil or make it extreamly obvious you were about to buy a 7 color kit because that was what i didnt and Phil told me about it. like i said i had the money with my next check and was for sure going to buy the Fusion kit.
DragonJeep

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:46 pm

TypeRBass wrote:
finally released! i remember you showing me a video of it months and months ago icon_smile.gif glad to see its done and ready for selling icon_smile.gif good job phil! i would buy one in a heartbeat, but i already have an ice icon_sad.gif

Why the icon_sad.gif ...we have ICE...7 colors? Pfft...we have 2 mill! (If i didnt have ICE i would buy one too!)

Last edited by DragonJeep on Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total
Tim

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:46 pm

pontiac4evr_14 wrote:
Did you PM phil or make it extreamly obvious you were about to buy a 7 color kit because that was what i didnt and Phil told me about it. like i said i had the money with my next check and was for sure going to buy the Fusion kit.

*Sigh* No..it was all in my head. I told my friends I was going to get one...

Tim wrote:
I'm sorry if I'm being ***** tonite, I'm just **** off. About other things, not this.

That explains it all.

btw..some of your pics didn't show up.
pontiac4evr_14

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:54 pm

Yea i know thats image station for you i need a place somewhere else that will let me upload 800 kb files because when i downsize to upload the image gets blurry.
Josh182

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:56 pm

Phil...i know you dont know me, but I must say congrats...i hope your new buisness is successful, and good luck. I will look into buying this once i get money situations figured out...looks great. I am also looking forward to your other products, i dont have much in my car now but im addicted to glow and must get more when money comes...but that will be awhile...well Later!!!
alienyoungjr

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:59 pm

Congarts Phil but I'm still going for ICE, man I have shown everyone I know about the ICE and everyone tells me to get it, but this would be my next option if i wasn't getting ice. I hope to have the ice in about a month or two. i will probable get an alarm for my caar somtime this month and the ICE is next.
Tim

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:03 pm

250 is fine for an UB kit. 800..that's just a little too much I think. But hell, if I had an extra 800 I didn't need, I'd buy one too. I won't lie.
threeball

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:13 pm

I don't know what to do. After my insurance payment at the end of the month I'll have $235 to spend. I HAVE to get my UB before July 15 because thats when I go on my road trip and my next paycheck will go to that. Either that or wait a month and a half because of insurance payments. I could probably talk my parents into paying the shipping for the PG. I really want this one though. If there is a will there is a way.. I can always accept bribes at work, I usually get offered $200 in bribes a game(Ameriquest Field in Arlington Parking Lots D & L if you want to pitch in) but have to reject them or incase I get caught or the person bribing is an undercover person I get fired and that means no UB at all. So.. hopefully everything works out and I don't get caught so I can get this. If I were to purchase a kit by July 1st, PG 7 color seems to be where I would stand. If the unexpected happens and I happen to make more money then I though, its the FlowLighting(hopefully). If worse comes to worse I'll have to settle for OPTX 7 color but I don't know if thats any good. We'll see what happens.
pontiac4evr_14

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:17 pm

"Pre-order only. These kits are expected to ship between July 18 and July 25th."

Trust me save your money and dont have one for the road trip then buy the Blaze you will be 100 times happier with the Blaze. If you get the PG you will kick yourself in the butt a month or so down the road.
threeball

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:19 pm

Pre-Order only.. does that mean you can only pre-order it now and then after that it won't be for sale, or thats all you can do right now?

Yes I will get the Blaze then. I was also thinking about buying a white UB kit with it, when turned on, to combine with the Blaze to give it an Aken-Like look.

EDIT: and is the purple really that pink? or does the camera just mess it up

Last edited by threeball on Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total
Aken

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:21 pm

Pre-Order means the kits aren't in stock now, but when they are they will be shipped to your door.

If you pre-order now, the kit will be sent to you whenever it is in stock.
alienyoungjr

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:24 pm

all cameras have a hard time picking up purple
DragonJeep

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:30 pm

pontiac4evr_14 wrote:
Yea i know thats image station for you i need a place somewhere else that will let me upload 800 kb files because when i downsize to upload the image gets blurry.

http://gallery.shoandgo.com/ icon_cool.gif
pontiac4evr_14

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:35 pm

thanks setting it up now
alienyoungjr

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:20 pm

so PHIL:

What made you decide to create your own UB kit?
Why did you decide to use LEDs?
How are you able to accomplish this feet?
Why weren't we let in on this until its about to come out?
How long did it take you?
Have i asked enough questions yet?
Cerwin Vega Fan

Post Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:56 pm

.Sweet kit, I'm glad I didn't go with the Optx kit.

Quote:
and there will eventually be 100 color LED kits, regular neon kits, strobe lights, and more goodies.

So are these going to be little secrets until they are released too? Or can we get a preview of what is to come? icon_wink.gif
pontiac4evr_14

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:09 am

Im going to have to get the 100 color kit and wait for the neon since i was looking at the platnum. what i really want it a wheel well kit.
NeonStyl

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:54 am

Hmm icon_confused.gif ... It seems my procrastination on getting that OPTX 7-color kit might have paid off. I've been looking into getting an LED underbody kit for a while now, as the good 'ol neon ub simply can't do all the patterns and effects the LEDs can. After reading up on them and looking at alot of pics (including Neon Mike's), I was pretty much decided on getting the OPTX kit. This announcement and my previous experience with just how bright Phil's LED's really are has made me second guess that decision now.

Very nice work, Phil. Best of luck to ya, dood! Also, Aken... keep me updated on when this Blaze kit becomes available if you don't mind. I haven't completely made up my mind now, but are you currently accepting pre-orders?

L8R,
Aken

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:02 am

I am not accepting pre-orders this insant, but give me a few days and I will be icon_smile.gif
Cerwin Vega Fan

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:14 am

http://www.projectcamaro.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=53639#53639

I figured you pay for the banner so why not let people know about the new kit. Yet for some reason only three people on that site own any form of glow.cerwin.gif
Aken

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:18 am

Need Username and Password

Try again!
pOrk

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:33 am

Aken - there is a banner at the bottom of the page advertising the Oznium site. I think that is what he is referring to.
Aken

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:02 am

He linked a specific post, though.
Tim

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:23 am

I can test a kit when new ones come out! icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif
dbismyname

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:56 am

the ub kit stalker!!!! icon_eek.gif biglaugh.gif
DragonJeep

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:00 am

^ biglaugh.gif
Tim

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:11 am

dbismyname wrote:
the ub kit stalker!!!! icon_eek.gif biglaugh.gif

who...me?
jol102001

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 11:42 am

Yes you^^^ that is like the 20 post about how you wish he would have sent you one or you want him to send you one
Tim

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:00 pm

that could be my new title.
Bobberrific

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:34 pm

Very nice looking. The colors look really great on those pics. Maybe in the description, you can put the different types of modes, maybe some videos of what the modes are, that'd be really cool, just an idea...Keep up the good work!

Are there any different modes besides music and the 7 colors?
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:13 pm

Yes sir there are a bunch of regular modes and music modes.
pontiac4evr_14

Post Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:21 pm

http://www.flowlighting.com/images/FlowLighting_Blaze.mov

Here is the video of the kit on my car going though a bunch of sound activated and regular modes.
Bobberrific

Post Sat Jun 19, 2004 7:56 pm

OoOoO icon_eek.gif I'm not sure about going with the cathode UB kit now...Hermmmmmm. If this price comes down, I might be in the market for it. If not i'd get like a zillion cathodes and put them, well everywhere possible...Then start creating another frame built soley of cathodes and keep adding onto my car...
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Sat Jun 19, 2004 8:27 pm

Bobberrific wrote:
OoOoO icon_eek.gif I'm not sure about going with the cathode UB kit now...Hermmmmmm. If this price comes down, I might be in the market for it. If not i'd get like a zillion cathodes and put them, well everywhere possible...Then start creating another frame built soley of cathodes and keep adding onto my car...

Either way, I'm more than happy to take your money poke.gif pirate.gif
pontiac4evr_14

Post Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:49 pm

well at least you admit it. biglaugh.gif
Tim

Post Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:28 pm

Man I really want that kit. Give me a few weeks and I should have enough money to get it. Worked a lot last week, so I should have a nice paycheck.
oliphant

Post Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:47 pm

How low is the price for it eventually supposed to go? (even tho it has probably already been stated) icon_wink.gif
The time now is Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:58 pm
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2