Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

colored corners

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:40 pm

anybody know any laws on green corner lights instead of the traditional yellowish orange.
98sentraGXE

Post Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:42 pm

illegal
cheesy

Post Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:45 pm

98sentraGXE wrote:
illegal

so are neons (usually) but we don't care
98sentraGXE

Post Mon Apr 14, 2003 7:55 am

if i were u i would put both an orange bulb and a couple really bright green leds and have them on a switch so u dont have a problem.
NeonStyl

Post Mon Apr 14, 2003 1:03 pm

agreed with the switch idea... that would be the best way to keep from getting pulled over. You can check your local laws, cause they do change from place to place, however, it typically states amber or white are the only legal blinker colors.

L8R,
cheesy

Post Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:08 pm

yeah it wouldn't be that hard, just get a relay for each corner and wire them all to a master switch
88oldscutlass

Post Mon Apr 14, 2003 2:40 pm

they dont blink when the trun signals go on they are just drivin lights pretty much dont serve a purpose. i think the switch idea would work though.
dbismyname

Post Mon Apr 14, 2003 8:05 pm

yeah they dont blink they are just marker lights but they are on whenever my headlights are on. i just dont really want to drill to put leds in and plus the orange bulb would over power the leds.
Hub City Glower

Post Mon May 05, 2003 3:23 pm

i had white turn signals and my dad took them out b/c a "cop" told him they were illegal i think its ****. but i'm gunna put red leds in them. icon_biggrin.gif
88oldscutlass

Post Tue May 06, 2003 7:20 am

you actually can't have white turn signals, it's too hard to see them blink if your headlights are on so i can understand the reason for that.
dbismyname

Post Tue May 06, 2003 8:37 am

i dont think its illegal to have green MARKER lights. they dont blink its no different than having a ub or neons in your grill so i might just try to find the green bulbs that fit it
Hub City Glower

Post Tue May 06, 2003 9:33 am

the white turn signals were not to hard to see. i have seen them. and it wasnt and i looked a whole lot nicer then the amber ones.
88oldscutlass

Post Tue May 06, 2003 6:22 pm

well its probably illegal, clear marker lights that DONT BLINK are ok though.
pontiac4evr_14

Post Sun May 25, 2003 10:27 pm

see the nice green turn signals those got me pulled over 3 times in 3 weeks 2 of the times i got pulled over with in 5 minutes of the first time. then 2 of the cops told me i couldnt have the leds in the fog and back ups ths BS.
I wouldnt really waist the money for the bulbs. I miss my green bullbs icon_cry.gif why cant the popo just let me glow icon_evil.gif
brett_jeep17

Post Tue Nov 04, 2003 3:32 pm

have changed the bulb in my parking lights which are always on when my headlights are on...no switch or anything jus replaced the bulb....had em for about a year now on my jeep grand cherokee drove past numerous police and been with police ofiicers who say they do not have a problem--im out in Massachusetts
glidden

Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:14 pm

im in Michigan and the laws here are strict. no colors other than clear or amber in any of your lights while your moving. no UB's no neons inside no cobra eyes. have a 1990 silverado and if you know what they look like the parking lights/turn signals are a predominant part of the front end light set up, i had green bulbs in them to go with my various interior lights, they were sick as hell awsome brightness, but as with hub city, my dad spoke to a "cop" actually it was a mall "rent-a-cop" that said that he thought they might be illegal, so of course he made me take them out, but i replaced them with clear and they are a little better then amber, i have green license plate lights that are pretty bright and ive been fine
The time now is Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:34 pm
Page 1 of 1