Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

WA laws

Author
Oznium Employee

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sat Jul 17, 2004 8:01 pm

I doubt anyone will know this but I thought I could give it a shot. Does anyone konw any laws about having glow while driving. I have tried looking online for the answer and rules and whatnot, but cant find anything. If anyone knows, can ya let me know. Thanks!
bigd9247

Post Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:17 am

I would like to know this too... what are the laws in WA about driving with glow in the corner lights and tail lights?
misterwang

Post Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:47 am

Just following up on this post as I did some research for Washington. ( I live in washington as well )

WAC 204-90-140 Electrical system requirements

(12) Tail lamp system: Two red lamps, in compliance with FMVSS 108, shall be mounted on the rear, one on each side equidistant from the vertical centerline, at the same height, and as far apart as practical. The tail lamps shall be mounted not less than 15 inches nor more than 72 inches above the roadway. Type I vehicles, which were originally equipped with only one tail lamp, need not be equipped with two tail lamps providing the original lamp is located in accordance with the original design configuration.

(16) Aftermarket neon lighting devices may not be used on motor vehicles while they are in motion on public roadways.
kramer13
Oznium Employee

Post Mon Aug 09, 2004 4:54 pm

where did you get this info?...website?
kramer13
Oznium Employee

Post Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:38 pm

awesome, thanks bro, but that number 16...what if you use leds. Thats different then neons.
misterwang

Post Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:39 pm

I guess it just really depends on your cities guidelines.. I live in Brier (pretty small), I haven't really asked them straight up but I've stopped right next to them with my glow on and they look and not really done anything.

I am guessing LED's is different, better just print off #16 and if you get pulled over for LED's just show them the paperwork.
kramer13
Oznium Employee

Post Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:25 am

yeah i live in Yakima, and they are sort of back and forth..you cant really get a straight answer. oh well
The time now is Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:29 pm
Page 1 of 1