Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Flattening the top of LED's?

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:06 pm

I saw in another post that you can flatten the Top of an LED to make it project light more broadly.. like it wouldnt be as much of a concentrated, focused beam.

Im puttin 3 in my dome light, and I only want to be able to see the glow, and not the individual little circles.
pontiac4evr_14

Post Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:30 pm

flattening the heads should do that for you. i have a hased over dome light and i have 3 led in each and i dont see circles.
Tim

Post Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:54 pm

pontiac4evr_14 wrote:
hased over dome light

Really? Where's that?
Moss

Post Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:08 pm

hazed you postwhore....
Bobberrific

Post Sat Jul 24, 2004 5:30 am

Yea, I flattened my heads and it worked fine. Makes it alot more spread out from the domelight.
NeonStyl

Post Sat Jul 24, 2004 1:51 pm

I usually just use a dremel with a sanding wheel to flatten out my LED heads... work just fine. Just be careful not to take too much off and go down into the LED contacts themselves.

Other that that, it should work great.

L8R,
Tim

Post Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:33 pm

Moss wrote:
hazed you postwhore....

what the **** was that for? I asked a god damn question. I didn't know what that was, and since we have the same car, I wanted to know where it was. Quit calling me a **** postwhore.
Chevy72blu

Post Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:08 pm

so much hostility... Lol Can I jus use like some 600 Gritt paper and a block, then clean it up with some 1000 grit or somethin??
Bobberrific

Post Sat Jul 24, 2004 7:35 pm

Honestly, it doesn't matter at all. The tip of mine looks cloudy and such, but when it's on, I can't notice a difference from the one I really tried to polish up the tip and the one I didn't. But yea, that'd probably work. icon_cool.gif
Moss

Post Sat Jul 24, 2004 10:00 pm

Tim, shut up, seriously, your like a 12 year old, girl dont take everything personally...

Hased... were talking about piece of platstic that a light shines through, I know your not the brightest bulb on the tree, but Hased to Hazed is not a big stretch...

I would appreciate if you stop saying crap about me on the boards, and actually cross quoting things...

Im done, can you be mature and let it go too?
super_accord

Post Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:30 pm

When somebody isnt being a postwhore then dont call them a postwhore, unless you are a regular on the board and you actually talk to the person and know them more. And why are you saying pontiac is dumb? If you want to be a respected person on this board then I suggest you clean up your act. I dont know if you really are saying you think he is dumb but if you are just messing around with him then you should probably put j/j or j/k or something of that nature after the joke so other people on the board dont think your an ass. Anyways it is very late and im gonna continue roaming the board and I cant wait to see what you have to say in the morning.
Moss

Post Sat Jul 24, 2004 11:57 pm

Okay, I have talked to Tim about his whoring more than once, and im not the only one, who thinks that so I know him, and his whoring ways, two I dont care if your a Regular on this board, I dont care who you know, and who your respected by, nothing was said towards pontiac only Tim, so dont comment on situations, where you dont know what is going on, take your own advice, and look forward to my response in the morning, thats cute, try and start trouble and set your alarm clock by it. Dont bother responding with some more lecturing cuz i really dont care what you have to say, fighting on the net is like racing a honda even if you win your still retarded... or was that the special olympics.. both the same...

Yes I dissed your imported, gas efficent, dependable car...
Tim

Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:26 am

Moss - Why did you say Lets be mature and end this when you called me a postwhore like 10 minutes later in another thread? That seems pretty hypocrital. And the only one who agrees with you is 88OldsCutless or whatever, and I really don't take anything he says into much consideration to begin with.
super_accord

Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:28 am

Ok that was just retarded, trying to diss Hondas (a car that you know nothing about and that you hate because people rice them out) you seriously need to get a life and quit acting like your 12 (which you more than likely are). And I brought up your comment about spelling Hazed wrong and you saying pontiac was dumb because he was the only one that spelt it like that so I believe you were talking to him. Anyways Moss dont post on this thread anymore because there is no use, nobody will listen to your information.
Tim

Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:46 am

I don't even see a Gallery icon under his name. Maybe he doesn't even have a car.
Moss

Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:23 am

New List of People I no longer respond to...

AlienYoungJR
Tim
Super_Accord
alienyoungjr

Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 11:36 am

Oh thats mature, oh and if you gonna post my name on that list at least get it right, i have no caps in my sn
Tim

Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:10 pm

I bet he is like 12 or something, doesn't own a car, trying to impress us. Oh look, he put us in his sig. And he told me to act mature.
Chevy72blu

Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 12:26 pm

too much drama for me....

lol thanks for your guys' help.
super_accord

Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 1:17 pm

Yes, I made his list! I tried to flatten some of my leds but I didnt really notice too much of a difference, I think maybe I didnt flatten them far enough down but all you really need is a fingernail file or something like that.
Tim

Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:18 pm

Last night I took some sand paper and just sanded away the top. Worked great.
josh9015

Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 3:48 pm

Just get some **** and cut the tip off. Takes 2 seconds. Easy enough.
NeonStyl

Post Sun Jul 25, 2004 10:50 pm

Damn... this thread sure went south quick... icon_rolleyes.gif

Anyways, I usually just clean the dust and debree off the ground-down LED with some Simple Green and a shop towel and they look great that way.

L8R,
Optika1 illushun

Post Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:54 pm

i just scuff the whole LED so it looks frosted and it works great.
The time now is Sun May 20, 2018 9:59 pm
Page 1 of 1