Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

new switch panel!!!!!

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 12:22 pm

well as sum of u know from teh streetglow board i got a whole bunch of new neons and stuff for a new switch panel well all the neosns r installed and i just finished teh switch panel. after 3 trys i got it to fit. first box was out of fiberglass but it got wet. 2nd one my dad made out of plexie glass but it didn;t fit. so i made one out of plexie glass, measured everything and it fits. its got a 3 ways switch in the niddle and 6 mini chrome toggles. theres holes for led's but radioshack didn;t have any so i'm waiting till thety get sum in.
i'll only put a pic of teh finsihed product up here if u want to see it from start to finish go to

Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 5:02 pm

Nice... how did you secure the sides on?
Hub City Glower

Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:42 pm

fiberglass resin. i bought a fiberglass kit to make it but my dad messed up so i still hasd sum resin left so i tryed that and it held.
Goph

Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 8:45 pm

I never would have came up with that i dea to hold the sides on
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 9:46 pm

Did you use bondo to smooth it out?

Cuz I just made some fiberglass thing just playing around and it is all rough from the fiberglass mat threads... I think I need to put bondo on and then sand it? Right?

Phil
88oldscutlass

Post Fri Apr 25, 2003 10:13 pm

yeah bondo or somethin that is specially made to fix fiberglass imperfections.
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Sat Apr 26, 2003 12:16 am

Also in the body repair section of pepboys there was this paint rubbing stuff... Should I put that on after painting it or what? What does it do?
Hub City Glower

Post Sat Apr 26, 2003 5:04 am

bondo doesn;t always hold to fiberglass so u might want to try and find sumthing else. or if u put on a few extra layers u can sand the **** out of it. primer sand primer sand primer sand paint sand paint sand paint sand paint sand paint sand clear coat sand cleat coat sand cleat coat. i know that seems like a lot but it will turn out smooth. primer will fill all the lil holes in the fiber glass the more u put on the better. the paint will b the color and the clear will make it shine.

i used three coats of primer with sanding inbetween 5 coats of paint with sanding inbetween and 3 coats of clear. not heavy sanding tho.
The time now is Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:20 am
Page 1 of 1