Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

F*CK YOU Strobesnmore.com - Page 2

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author
Message
TRogers

Joined: Feb 09 2005
Posts: 6083
Location: Ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:45 am

Go find something else to complain about please. I think this post needs closed. It's never going to end. ***** ***** *****, moan moan moan.
SickWitIt

Joined: Aug 03 2006
Posts: 5840
Location: Piqua, Ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:06 am

Yes, Completely agree with Culokin.


Oh ****, just kept it going.
steven_mckenz

Joined: Mar 02 2004
Posts: 1221


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:12 am

Strobesnmore wrote:
People are getting away from the facts so let me spell it out.

1. I tried to contact Phil 2 times via email and 6 times via phone over teh last 6 months.
2. I was told by Max that Phil did not care about my issue and that he would not get back to me. It was made very clear that I would post my own topic and i was told to go ahead.
3. I made a post titled "F*uck Oznium"
4. Phil who states he's all for free speech removed the post and merged it with this one so that title would not be seen. Yes thats right it was removed...
4. I finally called again and personally spoke with Phil, who I might add was very nice.
5. All I ever requested was the "F" word removed and nothing more.
6. Obviously people have seen it or I would not have said anything as the post is over 2 years old.

The bottom line is that if this site truely beleives in free speech and that is the issue where is the "F*uck Oznium" topic that I started? Its gone because the issue is not about free speech it's about bashing another site. If it wasn't then Phil could have changed the title and no one would have ever known as the topic was over 2 years old.


People are not getting away from the issue. Why would you make a post titled "F*ck Oznium"? Just to be an idiot? If you wanted to rant about something Oznium did to you, some bad business that he did to you, then you may. But to rant about a bad business name for yourself that you created by doing bad business yourself, is immature. If you have LEGITIMATE issue with Phil's practice, then you may rant. But to do what you did, only to complain, be an idiot, when there is nothing to complain about to begin with, then you've got your own problems.

What beef do you have with Oznium, OTHER than your name being associated with "F*ck" on this forum? Because, besides that issue, you have no argument to stand on. And, coincidentally, that problem was entirely created by yourself, with bad business practice, and thus that customer went and ranted.

If you'd like, with your horrible business practice that you've been showing, we could continue to further complains against you through websites such as www.complaints.com, or www.bbb.com (where you don't have to be a member of BBB to get complaints posted about your company). Then EVERYONE will see how crappy of a business you're running, not just those who frequent Oznium.

Your best bet is to appologize, and leave. Nobody even remembered this thread until you brought it back up again. It is now YOUR fault that the thread appears in search results. Buddy, all you're doing is digging yourself a better hole. You better stop before you go six feet under.
pOrk

Joined: Jan 03 2004
Posts: 8391
Location: Milwaukee Wi


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:33 am

Strobesnmore wrote:
Over the past few months I have received several complaints from customers upset about a derogatory comment posted on this site over 2 years ago. I am all for free speech but requested from Phil the owner a phone call to see if he would consider just changing the title of the topic as a professional courtesy. After about 6 months of phone calls and 2 emails I received no response. Today I called and requested that he call me back and again explained why I was calling. I called back when my call was not returned and was told that Phil the Owner would not change anything and that he was fully aware of the reason I was calling. So that brings me to this post. As I said earlier I am all for free speech, I am not asking for the post to be removed just the title changed so when people search for my site a vulgar word does not pop up. They can still have my companies name I would just like the vulgar word removed. I do not think this is much to ask especially since the post is over 2 years old. I am also surprised that the company owner would refuse to call be back or get on the phone. I know at my company anyone can ask to speak with the owner and I get right on the phone or I call them back immediately.

I thank all of you who came to our defense in the post and appreciate your time.

While I have people's attention if you are looking for a great deal on Strobe Lights or LEDs visit www.Strobesnmore.com and I will beat any price on Oznium by 10% and ship it for free. This is just my way of saying sorry for bothering you the regular forum users with my little post. Just put the word Oznium in the special instructions box when placing and order.

Thanks and be safe.


You NEVER remedied my situation, and you are here offering a discount to all forum users? That makes a lot of sense. You want a title changed here, yet you can't even follow the simple forum rules about not advertising unless you are a paying advertiser. Get real dude.
pOrk

Joined: Jan 03 2004
Posts: 8391
Location: Milwaukee Wi


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:39 am

Rags wrote:
i disagree with the title change, however i think that even though this is the oznium forum i think that people on here really dont represent phil very well at times when situations like this occcur. it would appear that phil is doing well reasoning through this however everyone seems to jump on the oznium bandwagon. aside from pork who else has had poor service from this person? i dont think its right for everyone on here to say **** you to someone who is just trying to settle a business issue. like it has been stated, its america the **** title should stay, but telling the dude to **** off and get out of the forum is being a bit hipacritical on some accounts. point being, you sound like a **** retard when you repeat everyone above you by saying "ur fuxorin retarded@@!!!!gomgomgom" at least add a bit of definition to your post or if you choose to bash the company at least bring up information from the site.


He is trying to settle a buisness issue? If he was trying to settle a buisness issue, I would have had my refund 2 and a half years ago. I am a lot more mature then I was 2 and a half years ago, and I think the title **** strobesnmore.com is more then suitable.

I also think this thread should remain open so he can continue to ***** and moan. If he wants to keep this thread active, it will be back onto the top 10 like it was for over a year on google and yahoo searches.

I never recieved a refund, so my opinion will never change. Phil might charge more on some stuff, but when the item received is bad he has NO PROBLEM replacing it pronto. To undercut him on his own forum is far from professional.

I have known Phil for years, he is a stand up guy that is all about customer service. I can't wait to tip some back when he comes to Wisconsin for Automotion. You, on the other hand, can get bent.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=DVFC...1&q=strobesnmore&spell=1
Strobesnmore

Joined: Apr 02 2007
Posts: 9


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:12 am

Steven is right seems to be getting me a lot of attention and 3 new orders for strobe kits from people who read the post and countless emails from people who don't like this site and think I am 100% rigth. I completely agree with Rags in that this is not about Pork of his complaint it's about the use of the "F" word in a publis forum. If it was allowable why does everyone not just type it out??

As for Porks complaint I can not comment on something that happened over 2 years ago. If as he states himself waited 3 days to report a damaged bulb we would not cover it and refer it to UPS for a claim. I don't know about most of you but when I order something I open the box when I receive it and look over the items. I am a car enthusiast and when I get parts I can't wait to open the box. If something is broken I know about it immediately, not 3 days later.

But lets stay on topic here, why was my post removed if this site supports free speech?
pOrk

Joined: Jan 03 2004
Posts: 8391
Location: Milwaukee Wi


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:22 am

You can not comment? What the **** is that? There's your favorite F word again.

I recieved the bulb and it LOOKED to be in new condition. I plugged it in, and it was faulty. NOT a shipping issue at all. And if it WAS, then WHY was it NOT turned into UPS for a claim and WHY has it been so long and I have yet to receive a refund? Get **** bent dude.

And you're right, its a PUBLIC forum. I say **** in public too, so there you have it. You are 100% right, ROFL!!!! You screwed me by sending me a bad bulb, now you want the thread title changed because your customers search google and see **** STROBESNMORE.COM

You want it removed, FIX my problem and I will edit the thread to saw SCREW OFF STROBESNMORE.COM

****
Strobesnmore

Joined: Apr 02 2007
Posts: 9


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:34 am

Thanks for the offer Pork but this is not about your issue, sorry. If you still feel you need to address that you can email me. With the 3 orders I already received and the emails I think Phil is doing more harm than good by letting this go as far as he has. He could make this all go away with the simple click of a mouse but he has chosen not too.
GlowinPontiac

Joined: Mar 04 2004
Posts: 5959
Location: Central CT


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:38 am

your post was removed because you came here to bash Oznium out of revenge, not because you had a legitimate complaint with a product you purchased here.

you just dont get it... not everyone opens the box and rushes outside to install them. people have jobs and such and sometimes it takes a few days to get them installed and find out that something doesnt work.


Last edited by GlowinPontiac on Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total
TRogers

Joined: Feb 09 2005
Posts: 6083
Location: Ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:38 am

Three orders just by posting on Oznium. Think of how many orders you get when you OWN IT! biglaugh.gif
Tim

Joined: Nov 16 2003
Posts: 10795
Location: Kalamazoo, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:39 am

**** off buddy. You're a joke and so are your business practices.
GlowinPontiac

Joined: Mar 04 2004
Posts: 5959
Location: Central CT


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:42 am

Culokin wrote:
Three orders just by posting on Oznium. Think of how many orders you get when you OWN IT! biglaugh.gif


those orders are probably people that saw this thread and are just using it to get 10% off and aren't members of Oznium

anyways the 10% discount just makes his strobes the same price as Phils. its not like he is giving any huge discount or anything.
pOrk

Joined: Jan 03 2004
Posts: 8391
Location: Milwaukee Wi


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:55 am

Strobesnmore wrote:
Thanks for the offer Pork but this is not about your issue, sorry. If you still feel you need to address that you can email me. With the 3 orders I already received and the emails I think Phil is doing more harm than good by letting this go as far as he has. He could make this all go away with the simple click of a mouse but he has chosen not too.


Horrible attempt at getting the thread removed. You think anyone here believes that?

You did NOTHING to address my concern 2 1/2 years ago, what makes me think you are going to fix the situation now? I am not as gullible as you may think I am.
ImagoX

Joined: Aug 24 2006
Posts: 2124
Location: Columbus, Ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:07 am

Strobesnmore wrote:
If as he states himself waited 3 days to report a damaged bulb we would not cover it and refer it to UPS for a claim. I don't know about most of you but when I order something I open the box when I receive it and look over the items. I am a car enthusiast and when I get parts I can't wait to open the box. If something is broken I know about it immediately, not 3 days later.

But lets stay on topic here, why was my post removed if this site supports free speech?


Man, I'm not usually one to get in people's faces or call names, but your return policy totally sucks and anyone that orders things from you is, in the immortal words of Chris Rock, a "low expectations having motherf*cker". Any honest and up-front merchant will offer a refund on defective product for at LEAST 15 days from the date of delivery, usually much longer. I believe every merchant I've ever done business with via Amazon's Merchant Shops is at least 30 days. Phil's is much longer than even that.

The fact that you're trying to justify your terrible "return policy" (I cringe at giving your policies even the vague dignity of that term) by calling into question a customer's "enthusiam" simply shows what a scrabbling little toe-rag you really are. Some of us have better things to do than to hump the mailman's leg whenever he walks up the path, and don't get around to opening packages the moment they come into our hands.

Bottom line: I do not nor will I ever knowingly do business with a company that won't replace defective product or refund me if I'm not completely satisfied, and I caution ANYONE reading this to order online from anyone that won't put at least a 15-day return/refund policy in writing - there are always multiple competitors on the web for any good or service offered for sale so there's no reason whatsoever to sell yourself short and order from some fly-by-night organization like this.
pOrk

Joined: Jan 03 2004
Posts: 8391
Location: Milwaukee Wi


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:15 am

His return Policy is a joke:

RETURNS & EXCHANGES
Being electronics, all returns & exchanges are handled on a "case by case" basis and require prior authorization. You must contact Strobes N' More for prior authorization on any return or exchange. Any product that has been installed or used in any way will not be accepted for return. All returns/exchanges must be within 10 days upon receipt and must be in the exact same condition as received. ANY ITEM RECEIVED AS DAMAGED MUST BE REPORTED WITHIN 24 HOURS OF RECIEPT OR WE WILL NOT COVER ANY DAMAGE. Any item that is accepted for return will be charged a 20% restocking fee less shipping and handling. All special order items including but not limited to lightbars, some dashlights, beacons, and any other item that must be special ordered will be subject to a restocking fee. Any item shipped back without an authorization slip enclosed and a return/exchange/repair code written on the box will be held 5 business days then disposed of. Once and order
is placed, i.e. credit card charged, check or money order deposited, their will be a $25.00 charge to cancel the order. Exchanges if within the 10 day return period will not be charged any fees unless the item is a special order.
GlowinPontiac

Joined: Mar 04 2004
Posts: 5959
Location: Central CT


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:19 am

but yours wasnt damaged in shipping it was just dead. so this guy should have taken your bulb back for exchange because it is within 10 days.


sounds like he is just making up excuses not to have to back up his products.
steven_mckenz

Joined: Mar 02 2004
Posts: 1221


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:20 am

I love arrogant people who can't see the wrong in their ways. Strobesnmore, your company lacks style, ethics, and customer courtesy. It's really too bad.

Your post telling me that I am "right" in you getting more attention, and that because of it, you are getting more business, and that Phil is doing more harm than good - Nice try! Congratulations. You've just gotten yourself three more orders. But you've lost 20 potential customers on this board. And those numbers are just going to continue to get bigger.

Keep pressing this issue if you would like. But I can guarantee you - it's not going to go in your favor.
pOrk

Joined: Jan 03 2004
Posts: 8391
Location: Milwaukee Wi


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:35 am

I think I am going to go bump the thread in all the other forums I posted this story on just to keep this website on the **** list of enthusiast's.
pOrk

Joined: Jan 03 2004
Posts: 8391
Location: Milwaukee Wi


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:40 am



Last edited by pOrk on Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total
steven_mckenz

Joined: Mar 02 2004
Posts: 1221


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:50 am

Haha. I like how at the end of your first link, Mr. "strobeguy" then attacked him with a pesonal attack, telling him that it was not how someone in the "emergency field should be acting".

Wow, dude, you really need to learn customer courtesy. You have HUGE ego issues.
TRogers

Joined: Feb 09 2005
Posts: 6083
Location: Ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:51 am

pOrk wrote:
Another happy customer:

And another:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php?s=bc123d16...b5&p=1643047&postcount=7

And my public duty:

http://www.xomreviews.com/strobesnmore.com


Nice.
steven_mckenz

Joined: Mar 02 2004
Posts: 1221


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:52 am

AND, he also had beef with his disgruntled customer, stating that it was bad of him to send an email at night when the store was "closed".

Damn, isn't that the point of email? 24 hour instant communication? icon_eek.gif
Tim

Joined: Nov 16 2003
Posts: 10795
Location: Kalamazoo, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:57 am

I wasn't aware that an online store had hours? Phil, you ever close?
pOrk

Joined: Jan 03 2004
Posts: 8391
Location: Milwaukee Wi


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:03 pm

This is fun.
steven_mckenz

Joined: Mar 02 2004
Posts: 1221


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:03 pm

Only during "Happy Time" icon_biggrin.gif .
Aken

Joined: Feb 12 2003
Posts: 10885


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:34 pm

Dear Strobesnmore:

You are fighting a lost cause. Let me tell you why.

First off, let me touch on the original reasoning for the creation of the topic at hand. pOrk was displeased at the customer service he had received from your company, and he posted his personal review of your company on a public message board. It is a person's right to provide their opinion about a business transaction - often times it's the best way for a business to promote their company and receive future orders.

It is also a person's right to use whatever language they deem necessary. At least here on Oznium it is. Now while you may sit here and defend the first ammendment and all that nonsense, but guess what? It doesn't matter. Because when it comes down to it, what can and will be displayed on these boards comes down to the opinion of the staff of administrators and moderators. You would have the same administration powers on your own message board.

As for the creation of your own "F*ck Oznium" thread, there are two big things wrong with that. If you are trying to work out a compromise with the owner of this company, you do not retort with your own bashing thread on OUR message board. You can already see by the comments made by regulars of this message board how well that helped your case. Also, what was the merit behind your thread? Seems to me like you're just angry that you can't have what you want, so you took the childish route of bashing Oznium.com. Oznium did nothing to your company, except allow a bad review to be seen by the world. Is that our fault? No - that review could've been posted on any number of websites (and it has now thanks to your continued antics). To come back and bash our company even when we have done nothing to you or your customers is downright immature.

I have an issue with a recurring statement you keep making as well. That being "countless emails from people who don't like this site and think I am 100% right." All I really want to say in reponse to that is "Umm...okay?" but I think the irony of that sentence fails to be apparent. You have some loyal customers who disagree with negative statements made on this website. Great! Oznium has tons of those, too. But....so what? Are these mysterious people supposed to make all of us change our minds? Also, why are these "countless" people worrying about your bad service from two years ago?

Oh, and by the way: it's not a huge shock that you've gotten some strobe orders from this message board. Phil is very aware of his high prices on Whelen and similar products. So I wouldn't gloat about that too much. Instead, enjoy the extra business.

Speaking of two years ago, I think you fail to realize how much you've hurt your own situation by pursuing this situation further. pOrk's original review was quite a while ago, and it was even mentioned how few people knew what your "F*ck Oznium" thread was referring to. All you've really done so far is bump not only the original thread's popularity, but your own bad reputation amongst this community.

So let's get down to the point: you want the curse word removed. The fact of the matter is, unless you give Phil or the rest of us a VERY good reason, it's not going anywhere. The moderators of this message board (myself included) have made that decision.

My advice to you now would be to do what you can to keep any future bad reviews from happening, and let the situation here at Oznium die out. Your site has a long reputation, mostly good. Let's keep it at that.

Best Regards,
Aken
Strobesnmore

Joined: Apr 02 2007
Posts: 9


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:04 pm

Aken,

Very nicely said. My reason for requesting the post not removed but just modified was the "F" word. Very simply put it is offensive to some and those people who found it offensive contacted me. I tried every diplomatic way of handling this situation but no one took an interest. I made Max and Phil well aware of my intentions to post my own thread with the same title and max told me that was fine. My post simply stated my opinion which was my displeasure with Oznium and its staff. I find it amusing that my post gets removed while this one lives on. If you in your position can find that ok then so be it. As I said in my prior thread this could be handled with a simple click of a mouse. I even told Phil I would be happy to supply him with kits or anything else that we could help him with. I am not looking to create an enemy but a friend. I was hoping as a professional courtesy that we could work together but I guess I was wrong.

I appreciate everyones comments and wish everyone well.
Tim

Joined: Nov 16 2003
Posts: 10795
Location: Kalamazoo, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:08 pm

Who the hell is Max?
steven_mckenz

Joined: Mar 02 2004
Posts: 1221


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:10 pm

You want the F word removed? Why, is it offensive? Or is it because it's associated with your company? That's what it is. Not from offensiveness, but because it makes your company look bad. (And RIGHTLY SO!)

Hold on, I'll be right back.
pOrk

Joined: Jan 03 2004
Posts: 8391
Location: Milwaukee Wi


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:13 pm

Tim wrote:
Who the hell is Max?


He is the number 2 dude at Oznium, AKA Aken's replacement
Netofficer3710

Joined: Mar 29 2007
Posts: 481
Location: independence Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:13 pm

well let's see i'd say your post was deleted because you chose to advertise your site and offer 10% off any of ozniums prices

I really don't know why you continue to argue your point WE DON'T CARE
if people contact you saying they've read this threads name and are offended heres an idea
tell them to get over it because it's not your site and you can't change it
steven_mckenz

Joined: Mar 02 2004
Posts: 1221


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:13 pm

Alright. I'm back.

Now, is my topic that I created just as offensive to you? Do you want that removed as well? Or is that topic not in your eyesight at the moment?

Perhaps that's because you want this title changed, because it reflects YOUR COMPANY negatively. It is not because "it is offensive to some and those people have contacted me". That has NOTHING to do with it, and you know it, so don't try to make it so.

You were hoping as a professional courtesy that we could work together, but, honestly, you haven't pulled your weight of professionalism, so why should Phil bend his ways to suit you?
ImagoX

Joined: Aug 24 2006
Posts: 2124
Location: Columbus, Ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:17 pm

Strobesnmore wrote:
Aken,

Very nicely said. My reason for requesting the post not removed but just modified was the "F" word. Very simply put it is offensive to some and those people who found it offensive contacted me.


Boo hoo hoo... It's the internet. If it's too harsh out here then those folks should be doing a different hobby (knitting maybe). I don't think I've seen too many people called "a camel-humping douchbag" on any knititng forums, but in the rough-and-tumble world of automobiles, I think we all resonably expect a slightly coarser grade of language. Tell them to put on their Big Boy pants and stop using such a weak arguement to try and distract people from the real issues...

You know what offends me? Online merchants that won't stand behind their products. It's a basic "cost of doing business" thing for a reputible vendor. You, sir, fail in that regard. 'Nuff said...
steven_mckenz

Joined: Mar 02 2004
Posts: 1221


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:19 pm

Lol, I just noticed that there are 13 guests on the forum right now. I expect to see those numbers increase as time goes by as well.

Mr. Strobesnmore, your constant banter is actually drawing people TO Oznium. They may then make up their own decision regarding the "professionalism" of both your company, and Phil's Oznium. They may then make up their mind as to where they would like to shop. And I can assure you, it won't be your company. On behalf of Oznium, I think you for getting us more traffic, and consequently, more business.

ALL of us here have had GREAT service through Phil. If you cannot accept that fact, and accept that this forum is fair and allows ranting of other companies who have proved themselves worthy of needing ranting about, then you may leave.
corvettecrazy

Joined: Dec 17 2003
Posts: 4357
Location: moved (twice)


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:20 pm

I find this funny because it all could have been avoided by send new bulbs to replace the ones that didn't work. And the ones returned you probably could have sent back to whelen as defective.

Having a business grow with a good rep means you have to make sacrifices (sp?) to satisfy customers. You failed at that.

Your loss, but keep posting, I want more good laughs as you make this thread more and more popular.

Heck it has me thinking about posting it on all the other forums I visit.
SPEEDemon

Joined: Feb 02 2005
Posts: 36
Location: CT


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:15 pm

Total sales for Strobesnmore: 3 + a **** load of **** ups.

I tried to buy cathodes, led's and such from other sites, but after I've heard of examples of Phil's excellent customer service, i will now be buying my stuff here. Maybe you can learn a few things about customer service through his examples.

$25 fee just to cancel an order, sounds like a scam to me
Dougan

Joined: Jul 18 2004
Posts: 140
Location: Steven's Point, WI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:56 pm

My two cents,

Strobesnmore,

I come from a different community than a lot of the people on here, and in fact, any strong feelings between that community and Phil's community were never happy feelings. So don't think that I'm some mindless drone out to defend Phil's reputation because I'm some drone or something. I'm not trying to criticize Oznium with that comment; anybody who knows me and what I'm talking about knows I took as neutral a position as I possibly could whenever possible. I'm just trying to point out that a lot of times it looks like everybody here is just out to mindlessly defend Phil, which isn't always exactly true.

That said, strobesnmore, stop a second to take a look at what you're doing here.

At the time that this thread was posted, I'm guessing you didn't know P0rk in the way the people here do- I'd imagine he was just a customer to you at that point. We here know p0rk as a ruthless critic who loves nothing more than tearing into somebody that **** him off.

That said, although there have been things p0rk has said that I didn't agree with, I don't think anybody here has ever heard him lie about something that he put so much passion into. Perhaps that's why we all love him so much. Whether or not you knew that before posting your well-thought-out request, you should have guessed he was important (or at least well-trusted) around here by his post count.

So this p0rk guy posts something critical of you (that most people are going to believe because he's a trusted dude) on your competition's website. I personally believe his story, if not because of your un-professional behavior here, because I (we) trust what he says. People voice their opinions on his matter, and then it fades away.

Of course this will have had some sort of effect on your business. Two years later, it's still there, and you decide to dig up the matter. By posting something critical of your competition on their own website. And you expect him to allow that out of "fairness?"

Anybody who has any level of intelligence can realize that Phil has two intents with this forum:
1) To provide a home for a community of people to socialize, and
2) To promote his business.

Is promoting his business so bad? It's on his business' website. Personall, I commend Phil (and his moderators) for his (their) ability to balance between these two objectives. I think their actions regarding p0rk's post and your post are the right decisions.

The thing I find funny about this situation is that a real situation- a real problem with your organization- was posted, and you want to have it silenced (and yes, I've read your argument about just changing the obscenity each of the 100 times you've stated it. But isn't making the thread title less interesting so your customers wont' read it silencing?) without ever addressing the problem. That would be like Pick N Save selling infected food and instead of fixing their rotten food problem, complaining to the news services for making it public. I don't see how you can see this as good business strategy.

There's one last thing I find funny about this thread. By taking the time to make such a big deal about this, you -have- to recognize that a lot of your customer base is active here. After all, if they weren't here, p0rk's post wouldn't have a big enough effect on your business for you to address. But now that you've gone and done yourself in, instead of the occasional person who happens to search for your website's name in a paranoid check to make sure they are shopping with the right person, every single active person in the forum now has read this thread (one of the most popular threads here in awhile) and will remember you as a joke in the lighting market for years to come.

I'll conclude this analysis with a story from my life. In high school, I was horrible at basketball, yet my friends insisted I'd play with them from time to time. In a blaze of glory, I managed to make a basket in my own hoop during a half-court game, and after that, my friends from back home never asked me to play with them again. Since then I've moved and I now am not awful at basketball. However, every time I go home, I never get asked to play basketball with my friends back home. I could make a big deal, and make a public service announcement about how I never really made a basket in my own team's hoop in high school and see if my friends from back home decided, "Hey, we must have all remembered wrong!" I cut my losses and play basketball here and not at home.

I don't know if you've had any sort of formal business education (I'm going to guess not), but if you have, perhaps you should go check your notes on the section about "cutting your losses". Because you're not doing a great job at it.

Really, the only way you can leave this situation with some of your (business's) dignity would be to apologize for shaking up the situation, formally leave this forum, offer to remedy p0rk's situation in a way that we will hear about from him, and promise to be a more respectable businessman in the future. Just my unbiased opinion on the situation.

Good luck,
Scott
SE1289

Joined: Jan 02 2007
Posts: 935
Location: Alabama


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:57 pm

Definitly

I made my first order here and I decided I wanted to change some stuff and I contacted Phil easly at 12 am, because he NEVER closes, and he cancled my order for me. He has also helped me out in other ways, both buisness and advice.

And by continuing this thread, your giving yourself a bad name to people who have never even heard of you. I never heard of Strobenmore but I was searching for strobes and I probably would have ended up on your site to order. Now that I know what an immature, vengeful, and ..i dont know the word..a try-to-get-more-buisness-by-offering-lower-discounts-on-a-forum-of-a-store-er, I would NEVER order from you, no matter HOW cheap your items are. I would rather spend the extra money to know that my money is safe and the customer service is fair and outstanding. I didn't put my cathodes and UB kit on for 2 weeks after I got them. TWENTY FOUR HOURS IS RIDICULOUS. People have jobs, store their show cars in garages, and have school which prevents them from being able to test them in 24 hours.

Now that i was professional and mature in my comment, I would just like to add **** THE **** OFF YOU **** AND **** LEAVE.

love ya phil icon_smile.gif..lol
SE1289

Joined: Jan 02 2007
Posts: 935
Location: Alabama


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:54 pm

on "private property" it is. Even though it is a public forum. You have to be a member to post. Just like in school, they make the rules, Phil makes the rules here. If he sais it is alright then it is allowed. I guess, I'm probably wrong.
SickWitIt

Joined: Aug 03 2006
Posts: 5840
Location: Piqua, Ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:34 pm

p0rk is such an *******, all the time!

Sorry strobesnmore, but I've gotta actually for the first time of my wonderful oznium experience, side with p0rk. After reading all 4 pages, its clear that you need to get some sort of education in business.
GlowinPontiac

Joined: Mar 04 2004
Posts: 5959
Location: Central CT


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:59 pm

i think it hilarious that this could have been avoided altogether if strobesnmore had just replaced p0rks dead bulb.

its not like he was asking for a free kit he just wanted a defective product replaced.
Strobesnmore

Joined: Apr 02 2007
Posts: 9


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:41 am

Listen, I know this is Phil's fan club and that is great. I am not looking to steal his customers but #4 just placed and order overnight. My point is simple, you are entitled to free speech but you need to use due care as to what you put in print for the entire world to see. If I had a forum I would not allow profanity to be used, but that is me. In my opinion if you can not express yourself without using profanity then maybe you should not be posting on a public forum. I am sure a lot of people and I mean a lot do not post on this forum becuase of the baseless attacks one faces when they post here ( I know this because people have emailed me and stated this). There were a lot of very good posts made with some very good points and even more pointless comments made by people who have nothing better do to than instigate and harass people. Is that a forum? Again Phil was a very nice guy to speak with and I am not worried about loosing my business becasue of this forum. If that were the case I would have taken a much different approach.

Have fun and be safe.
corvettecrazy

Joined: Dec 17 2003
Posts: 4357
Location: moved (twice)


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:06 am

See the thing with your order count, you have no proof they are actually from OZ. It could be ANYONE the searched google and found that by typing in OZ they save money. And 4 orders isn't really anything to brag about. Seeing as how you probably made less in those 4 sales than working an afternoon scrubbing floors.

Please, keep posting though, it only means the word about your customer service being horrible will travel farther.
pOrk

Joined: Jan 03 2004
Posts: 8391
Location: Milwaukee Wi


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:57 am

Oh yah, I can see the orders now.

" Dear Strobesnmore, I am an Oznium Forum member and I heard you screwed this dude a few years ago and still wont let it go that he said a naughty word. I would NEVER spend money with a company that allows its customers to exercise their right to free speech, ESPECIALLY when they use naughty words!!! I am 22, and live a sheltered life so if my parents caught me reading a naughty word, all H E double hockey sticks would break loose! Thank you oh so much for pointing out that dirty forum to the world, I'd like to order 10 complete Whelen Strobe kits. Hopefully I will get at least 4 bad bulbs, and I won't even complain or ask for a refund! Thank you so much for everything you have done for the community! "

- Jahova
SickWitIt

Joined: Aug 03 2006
Posts: 5840
Location: Piqua, Ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:26 am

pOrk wrote:
Oh yah, I can see the orders now.

" Dear Strobesnmore, I am an Oznium Forum member and I heard you screwed this dude a few years ago and still wont let it go that he said a naughty word. I would NEVER spend money with a company that allows its customers to exercise their right to free speech, ESPECIALLY when they use naughty words!!! I am 22, and live a sheltered life so if my parents caught me reading a naughty word, all H E double hockey sticks would break loose! Thank you oh so much for pointing out that dirty forum to the world, I'd like to order 10 complete Whelen Strobe kits. Hopefully I will get at least 4 bad bulbs, and I won't even complain or ask for a refund! Thank you so much for everything you have done for the community! "

- Jahova



p0rk ftw. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Voltage

Joined: Jan 31 2007
Posts: 199
Location: Northern Virginia


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:34 am

seriously...just like almost every other thread bashing something/someone on this forum, the whole the dies if the person accused just lets it go. By continually posting in this thread, Strobes, you are just digging yourself deeper and deeper into a hole, and allows people like p0rk to write you letters from Jahova...

p0rk ftw!
TRogers

Joined: Feb 09 2005
Posts: 6083
Location: Ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:30 am

Another shovel full.
steven_mckenz

Joined: Mar 02 2004
Posts: 1221


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:59 am

Quote:
but #4 just placed and order overnight.


HAHA. Was that just a THREAT?
Aken

Joined: Feb 12 2003
Posts: 10885


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:25 am

Strobesnmore wrote:
I am not looking to steal his customers but #4 just placed and order overnight.


Aken wrote:
Oh, and by the way: it's not a huge shock that you've gotten some strobe orders from this message board. Phil is very aware of his high prices on Whelen and similar products. So I wouldn't gloat about that too much. Instead, enjoy the extra business.


Please stop further embarassing yourself on our message board. We don't want to deal with this anymore, so just drop everything and accept the fact that you cannot change the situation at this time. I understand your opinion on profanity, and that's a perfectly fine opinion to have. Unfortunately, your opinion does not dictate the actions of this message board.

If you wish to further continue to plead your case, please do so to Phil via a less public means of communication.
corvettecrazy

Joined: Dec 17 2003
Posts: 4357
Location: moved (twice)


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:56 am

Aken wrote:
If you wish to further continue to plead your case, please do so to Phil via a less public means of communication.


That takes all the fun out of it. Where is my laugh if he doesn't post here?
steven_mckenz

Joined: Mar 02 2004
Posts: 1221


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:10 am

corvettecrazy wrote:
Aken wrote:
If you wish to further continue to plead your case, please do so to Phil via a less public means of communication.


That takes all the fun out of it. Where is my laugh if he doesn't post here?


You can laugh at me! icon_lol.gif

Netofficer3710

Joined: Mar 29 2007
Posts: 481
Location: independence Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:39 am

now i'm no business owner but I don't think 4 orders in 2 days sounds that impressive

and it sure as hell dosen't sound like you're gaining customers because of this

or would you normaly have 0 customers in 2 days?
SE1289

Joined: Jan 02 2007
Posts: 935
Location: Alabama


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:48 pm

I wonder how often Phil gets four orders..I'm guessing in a lot quicker time than two days..lol
pOrk

Joined: Jan 03 2004
Posts: 8391
Location: Milwaukee Wi


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:19 pm

SE1289 wrote:
I wonder how often Phil gets four orders..I'm guessing in a lot quicker time than two days..lol


I'd guess 15-20 minutes
SickWitIt

Joined: Aug 03 2006
Posts: 5840
Location: Piqua, Ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:31 pm

Daammn.
kramer13
Oznium Employee

Joined: Jun 20 2004
Posts: 3744
Location: Baltimore, MD


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:55 pm

I'm sure Phil has charts and graphs on that too.
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Joined: Feb 11 2003
Posts: 7719


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:42 pm

User posted image
Tim

Joined: Nov 16 2003
Posts: 10795
Location: Kalamazoo, MI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:36 pm

Not too bad.
SE1289

Joined: Jan 02 2007
Posts: 935
Location: Alabama


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:40 pm

balllller

your fixin to get one more
oldskoolhonda

Joined: Oct 16 2006
Posts: 1341
Location: Wichita, Kansas


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:46 pm

damn this is a hot topic...well just shows that when you **** of an oz member or any customer with you **** ass customer service...hahaha
kramer13
Oznium Employee

Joined: Jun 20 2004
Posts: 3744
Location: Baltimore, MD


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:59 pm

I WAS KIDDING MAN!!

Why do you think that you got 37 orders on one day, and the exact next day, you got less then an average number of orders?
(meaning 37 on the 23rd, and 18 on the 24th)

Phil is averaging 1 every 65 minutes; on the highest day: 1 every 38 minutes; on the lowest day (which was twice): 1 every 1 hour and 40 minutes.


ANYWAYS...every get back to bashing Strobes.
Brandon

Joined: Jun 04 2003
Posts: 4189
Location: St. Louis, MO


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:10 pm

I have purchased from strobesnmore.com multiple times. I have ordered most of my Whelens from there (the only other place I get Whelens is from Ebay). I have recommended friends to strobesnmore and I even own (and wear on a semi-regular basis) a strobesnmore.com t-shirt. I can honestly say that I was happy with his service (probably 3 years ago). I can understand why the owner is here trying to defend his business. Unfortunately, trying to complain about a forum he isn't a member of is worthless. We've been using this forum for years and I doubt we'll change how we post and discuss. Phil has done a great job of allowing us to be open in what we talk about. I think that if there was a F*CK Oznium.com post, he would leave it open, but it would be full of people standing up for this store. That's one of the joys of building a community around your store -- we'd even travel to another forum if we had to stick up for this store.
Netofficer3710

Joined: Mar 29 2007
Posts: 481
Location: independence Iowa


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:18 pm

Brandon wrote:
I have purchased from strobesnmore.com multiple times. I have ordered most of my Whelens from there (the only other place I get Whelens is from Ebay). I have recommended friends to strobesnmore and I even own (and wear on a semi-regular basis) a strobesnmore.com t-shirt. I can honestly say that I was happy with his service (probably 3 years ago). I can understand why the owner is here trying to defend his business. Unfortunately, trying to complain about a forum he isn't a member of is worthless. We've been using this forum for years and I doubt we'll change how we post and discuss. Phil has done a great job of allowing us to be open in what we talk about. I think that if there was a F*CK Oznium.com post, he would leave it open, but it would be full of people standing up for this store. That's one of the joys of building a community around your store -- we'd even travel to another forum if we had to stick up for this store.


there was one but it was closed because strobesnmore choose to advertise in it and offer 10% off ozniums prices
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Joined: Feb 11 2003
Posts: 7719


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:28 pm

On the phone with Louis once, we said we can't do anything with the topic, but feel free to post on the forum. What we meant was posting in that topic in question. Now, I realize it was physically impossible to post in this topic because topics are locked down from new posting after a certain number of days. Anyways, because the new topic that was created "F*CK Oznium.com" was really about this topic, I merged it onto the end of this. So, nothing was deleted, but rather just merged into one.
kramer13
Oznium Employee

Joined: Jun 20 2004
Posts: 3744
Location: Baltimore, MD


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:31 pm

Fine, fine, Ill do it.
Hawk909

Joined: Apr 24 2006
Posts: 31
Location: Clinton, IA


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:14 am

This thread is now number 2 And number 3 on yahoo if you seach for Strobesnmore.com
TRogers

Joined: Feb 09 2005
Posts: 6083
Location: Ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:32 am

Wow, look at the reviews now

http://www.xomreviews.com/strobesnmore.com
KaosFaction

Joined: Nov 21 2004
Posts: 866


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:45 pm

All within 3 days...
SickWitIt

Joined: Aug 03 2006
Posts: 5840
Location: Piqua, Ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:35 pm

Just thought i'de make sure this stays at the top of the search engines.


icon_lol.gif
Cerwin Vega Fan

Joined: Jul 22 2003
Posts: 3001


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:22 pm

Just send the **** replacement bulb and be done with it.
SickWitIt

Joined: Aug 03 2006
Posts: 5840
Location: Piqua, Ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:31 pm

Haha no dont.

I think its funny watching him fail.
Aken

Joined: Feb 12 2003
Posts: 10885


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:13 am

Stop bumping this thread.
SickWitIt

Joined: Aug 03 2006
Posts: 5840
Location: Piqua, Ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:53 pm

Or not.
DaPope

Joined: Sep 18 2007
Posts: 1


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:27 am

I've come across this thread so many times via Google that I just had to chime in.

It's unbelievable how a person in business will go to such great lengths to make himself look like an ass in public. I run a few forums and have had my share of guys like him... real nice when things are going their way but one person says something negative and they turn into a real dikweed.

He even threatened another guy at www.strobesmore.com for using a domain name that included those words as though he has trademark ownership on the words "strobe" and "more".

Get a life dude.

"It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and resolve all doubt. " ~Abraham Lincoln icon_lol.gif
Kevin_S

Joined: Jul 20 2003
Posts: 2809
Location: WV


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:07 am

it doesn't look like this thing will ever die. and since it has been bumped, i'll post my recent experience with this group.

I didn't know anything about this thread (and still wouldn't if it weren't for DaPope lol)...
I bought a set of whelens off ebay from this guy. I had a question on shipping (UPS or USPS -- po box), he responded within 24 hours. I received my strobes 3-4 days later priority USPS. I installed them about a week or so later. Everything works fine.

----
but Pork's bulb should have been replaced. When I saw the 3 day stamp on the box, I thought it was a little strict. Hell, I hadn't even been home in 2 weeks.

Now, this thread can die biglaugh.gif
SickWitIt

Joined: Aug 03 2006
Posts: 5840
Location: Piqua, Ohio


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:04 am

DaPope wrote:
I've come across this thread so many times via Google that I just had to chime in.

It's unbelievable how a person in business will go to such great lengths to make himself look like an ass in public. I run a few forums and have had my share of guys like him... real nice when things are going their way but one person says something negative and they turn into a real dikweed.

He even threatened another guy at www.strobesmore.com for using a domain name that included those words as though he has trademark ownership on the words "strobe" and "more".

Get a life dude.

"It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and resolve all doubt. " ~Abraham Lincoln icon_lol.gif


HAHAHAHA, Did you join Oz just to say that? Also, thanks for bumping the thread.

ozzy_change.gif Welcome to Oznium ozzy_change.gif
kornholio788

Joined: May 02 2005
Posts: 9748
Location: Tosa, WI


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:07 am

Just let it die ppl...this is done and over with just let it go. This thread is very old..we got out point accross now stop bumpin it up
oldskoolhonda

Joined: Oct 16 2006
Posts: 1341
Location: Wichita, Kansas


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:12 pm

this is still goin...jesus
kramer13
Oznium Employee

Joined: Jun 20 2004
Posts: 3744
Location: Baltimore, MD


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:51 pm

I was glad to get a good laugh after reading this.

Oh the memories *tear*
oldskoolhonda

Joined: Oct 16 2006
Posts: 1341
Location: Wichita, Kansas


Are you sure you want to delete this post?
  
Post Tue Sep 18, 2007 4:15 pm

i think ive been around as long has this topic has lol i remember when it was on page one haha
The time now is Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:25 pm
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3