Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

And i thought my first ticket would be for lights

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:01 am

Well i guess i was wrong. Today at 2 just after a nickleback consert i was busted for possetion (SP) of alcohol under age at a friends apartment. 10+ people total charged. Me being 17 they had to have my parents drive a hour and a half to come get me at 2:30 AM. I sat in jail till then with my other friend that came with while he waited for his parents. I blew a whole 0.007 icon_evil.gif . I learned my lession from this and will not touch alcohol until im of the legal age. Court date is TBA. Any advise on how to make a good impression on the judge and what what the standard penalty is around you guys for a minor caught drinking.
Goph

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:23 am

ask T.J. he got this before
banned from SG

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 5:26 am

you couldn't just tell him that goph?

gotta love MIP (minor in posession)
pontiac4evr_14

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:29 am

Oh yea its super having to call your parents out on some girls padio to tell them that they need to come pick me up at the police station at 2 in the morning. And having to go to school and tell your principal that you were charged with under age posession and then show up for your court date in a town 130 miles away. Its a riot. Also having it so that your friends parents cant trust you. its fun ****. A word of advise wait its not worth it.
Floyd

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:58 am

...ive done some under age sipping on the glass icon_lol.gif
The only thing that saved me was that i looked 22-23 years old.
Ive even walked into bars to shoot pool and the bartender asked if i wanted a "drink" and i was like na not tonight ill just get a coke icon_twisted.gif

haha i love southern maryland! nothing but partys and such on friday and saturday nights!
jol102001

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:41 am

Well, i know that a 0.007 isn't bad at all.... i think you will get into less trouble b/c its a low number compared to a 0.08(legal limit for driving(for of age people))
Bobby Lee

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:42 am

damn... i tend to steer clear of underage parties. i do most of my drinking at my bro's house (he's 21). icon_wink.gif
Goph

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:04 am

pontiac4evr_14 wrote:
Oh yea its super having to call your parents out on some girls padio to tell them that they need to come pick me up at the police station at 2 in the morning. And having to go to school and tell your principal that you were charged with under age posession and then show up for your court date in a town 130 miles away. Its a riot. Also having it so that your friends parents cant trust you. its fun ****. A word of advise wait its not worth it.

it is far from 130 miles away, more like 80-90 miles.
Gavin

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:30 am

That does suck man.
Just gotta be smart about drinking... seems like that would make no sense, but just be smart about it. By being smart, I mean, don't be real loud and stuff... if a party feels like it's going to be busted, it probably will be busted. Looks to me like you had little-to-nothing to drink, so you should get off super-easy.
Good luck, though.
pOrk

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:00 pm

Gavin - he wont get off. Abosolute Sobriety says no matter what, if they blow ANYTHING and are underage then the ticket wont change. Atleast, thats how it is hurrrr in Wisconsin.
pontiac4evr_14

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:01 pm

Thanks im hoping the judge will maybe suspend my sentence since its so low and its a first offence.
pOrk

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:01 pm

suspend your sentence? Your not going to jail, retard.
pontiac4evr_14

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:11 pm

pOrk wrote:
suspend your sentence? Your not going to jail, retard.

i guess i put that wrong. i can think of how to put it but maybe take it pretty easy on me since it is first offence and .007.
Tim

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:12 pm

Bond. James Bond. biglaugh.gif
pontiac4evr_14

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:56 pm

I talked to a few people and it looks like im getting 2-3 months of probation, and 20 hours community service. My boss said she was going to try and get my community service served where i work. She is the coolest boss ever.
pOrk

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:57 pm

2-3 months probation? rofl.gif

You, my friend, are loopy as ****.
Moss

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:01 pm

Dude, around here if you get caught with booze, in your car, walking down the street, they dont do anything nearly as severe as your talking about. They just have you sit down with a police officer and make sure you dont have a drinking problem.

I think you need to call Johnny Cochran to save your ass, pull some OJ style defense.
pontiac4evr_14

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:15 pm

Moss wrote:
Dude, around here if you get caught with booze, in your car, walking down the street, they dont do anything nearly as severe as your talking about. They just have you sit down with a police officer and make sure you dont have a drinking problem.

We have one really cool cop in my town that would do the same thing if you are nice with him.
pOrk

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:17 pm

probation? AHHAHAHAHHA
Aken

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:22 pm

Somebody at this patio was a real ****, because to get caught is incredibly dumb icon_biggrin.gif
pontiac4evr_14

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:39 pm

well its not like we were out there looking for the cops to come up. **** happens and im not to worried about it anymore.

Pork whats so funny about probation
dbismyname

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:17 pm

well **** im sittin here drinkin a beer as i read this, and its only 5 in the afternoon biglaugh.gif
TypeRBass

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:34 pm

sitting down and talking with you? i think not. when i was in court for my lighting ticket there, there were toooons of people there for underage drinking. and they all got 24 hours of community service.
pontiac4evr_14

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:21 pm

Well Polk county court house here in Iowa is going to be pretty damn full the 3rd of september.
Moss

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:22 pm

Yeah Type R I make this **** up to impress people......
pOrk

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:24 pm

the whoel towns population is gonna be there, all 15 of um!!!

And do you have any idea what probation means? ****
pontiac4evr_14

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:43 pm

What the hell is your problem Pork.
Moss

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:48 pm

I think your blowing this out of proportion, why dont you actually talk to someone who knows about the law, and im sure all your buddies were quiet and were just drinking their cosmopolitians and not making any noise! icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

How was the Nickelback Concert? i just went to one here in Boston in July with 3 doors down and Puddle of Mud? was it the same lineup?
pontiac4evr_14

Post Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:55 pm

Nickleback had Finger Eleven and Puddle of Mud open for them. Finger Eleven was not that great live. Puddle of Mud **** kicked ass though they sounded so clear. Nickleback by far was the best show though. Tons of flames and ****. Im surprised i can ever talk today after that consert.
jol102001

Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:55 am

Moss wrote:

Yeah thats what they would do down here in the dirty south (LA) b/c its almost like part of our culture or heritage. Under age drinking is very common around here. The only time there would be a problem is if people complained about it or for a noise disturbance.
mccook8

Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:13 am

pOrk wrote:
the whoel towns population is gonna be there, all 15 of um!!!

And do you have any idea what probation means? ****

pOrk, did you even for a moment consider helping this kid out? Or do you just want to make smartass comments?

Anyway, penalties for MIP are sure to vary by jurisdiction. It's typically a state law, so you might want to look up the minimum and maximum penalties. That'll give you the best-case and worst-case scenarios.

Then, you might want to look in the newspaper, or check with the court if those records aren't published, to find out what penalties others have gotten. That'll give you a much better idea of what to expect.

Here, it's pretty common for first or second offenders to get a $200 fine. I've seen one 19-year-old get 10 days in jail after his 3rd offense in just a few months. The maximum penalty is 6 months imprisonment, and a $1000 fine. There is no minimum. Our county also has a diversion program for first offenders. They have to do 40 hours of community service, and stay out of trouble for a year. All of this is here in Nebraska, but you might want to check if Iowa has something similar.

Probation is an alternative to imprisonment. Once someone is convicted of a crime, the judge can sentence them to a period of probation if he feels it's appropriate, and if the law allows. The offender can reject probation, and be sentenced to jail or prison. It's rare, but it does happen.

Anyway, let's say you get sentenced to one year probation. Here's what happens: The judge sets the conditions of your probation, and a probation officer is assigned. You'll be expected to meet with the probation officer regularly, usually once a month. Your conditions might include things like: no law violations, no drugs or alcohol. must stay in school, must keep a job, must be at home no later than a certain time, must submit to alcohol or drug testing upon request, must not associate with certain people, etc.

If you violate one or more conditions of your probation, the probation officer might just chew you out, or he might send you back in front of the judge with a Motion To Revoke Probation. Either way, the judge will know, because the probation officer is required to send periodic progress reports to the judge on every probationer.

If your probation gets revoked, it's back to sentencing -- fines, jail, prison, whatever.

Once you successfully complete probation, you're done. No need to worry about the penalties any more. It's behind you.

Probation is a GOOD thing for people who've just exercised poor judgement. It's only to be feared by knuckleheads who have made screwing up into a way of life, and fully intend to continue. For them, probation is just like jail time.

/edit: and p0rk, what makes you so sure there's no possibility of him going to jail? I'll agree that it's highly unlikely, but it's not impossible. Every state has juvenile detention facilities.
Moss

Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:39 am

I like p0rk's smart ass comments, and he is gonna get a slap on the wrist.
pontiac4evr_14

Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:37 am

Thanks Mccook at least someone here is helpful and not a smartass. ive heard around here 20 hours comunity service and 2-3 month probation im hoping if its in a larger city like Des Moines where im going the penalty will be lower since city has far worse problems that a MIP. I heard from a friend on of the judges around here has 2 kids that **** up alot and he lets people off really easy so im going to see if i can get the court date transfured to here.
mccook8

Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:51 am

That won't work. It will have to be the court in the jurisdiction where the offense occurred. Now, PROBATION can be transferred -- but the court can't, unless there's a constitutional issue.
Ryan88

Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:43 pm

That happened to my brother once but he was camping in the woods, he had .008, he lost his lisence for 6 months, 500 dollar fine, and community service, but he got the fine back for doing comunity service. PA sucks
Ryan88

Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:43 pm

i think it was 200 dollar fine im not sure maby even 100
Moss

Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 12:46 pm

I think you should try using the edit button
pontiac4evr_14

Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:32 pm

Ryan88 wrote:
That happened to my brother once but he was camping in the woods, he had .008, he lost his lisence for 6 months, 500 dollar fine, and community service, but he got the fine back for doing comunity service. PA sucks

Damn thats alot just for possession. They werent driving were they. How did he lose his licence if not.
Moss

Post Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:26 pm

DMV can take your license for alot stuff... Not just driving, Fake Ids, and drug possesion in mass, and they will cut up your license.
Goph

Post Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:45 am

Moss wrote:
DMV can take your license for alot stuff... Not just driving, Fake Ids, and drug possesion in mass, and they will cut up your license.

I don't think they can do that in Iowa.
Ryan88

Post Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:12 am

ya PA sucks. its a "zero tolorance" thing. no one in the woods even had there car keys. if u get cought with even the smallest amount of alcohol in your system you'll still lose your lisence, pay a fine, and do comunity service.
pontiac4evr_14

Post Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:07 am

That blow hardcore i know Iowa isnt like that.
bigd9247

Post Sun Aug 22, 2004 12:03 pm

here in washington the legal limit for a minor is .02... did you blow a .07 or a .007 cuz that is a big difference. .007 is nothing, you could get higher than that from cough syrup. best of luck tho on whatever happens... hopefully you'll only get some community service
mccook8

Post Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:35 pm

bigd9247 wrote:
here in washington the legal limit for a minor is .02... did you blow a .07 or a .007 cuz that is a big difference. .007 is nothing, you could get higher than that from cough syrup. best of luck tho on whatever happens... hopefully you'll only get some community service

I think you're talking about DRIVING with the .02 limit. For POSSESSION, anything other than 0.000 is over the limit.
Moss

Post Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:37 pm

Around here they dont have kids take breathlyzers, the PC you if your out of control, but they normally take action, if you have the actual liquor on your person, or in your control, like your trunk, or hidden in your fridge.

Great Story

Cops shows up at a party. Kicks alot of kids out, some stay and he searches the fridge to find a 30 rack of Natural ICE.

Asks the Kid, "whos beer is this?" Kid say "My Dads" Cop said right back "**** no one over 21 drinks this ****"

I got a buddy who got arrested for Internal Possession, he was drunk in New Hampshire and they had him Breath Test. It was in his system soo he got arrested for it. Thats truly wild.
FatManDan

Post Sun Aug 22, 2004 9:47 pm

Moss wrote:
he was drunk in New Hampshire and they had him Breath Test. It was in his system soo he got arrested for it. Thats truly wild.

i dont see whats wild about that....
Tim

Post Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:33 pm

Why did you capitalize "breath test"?
pontiac4evr_14

Post Sun Aug 22, 2004 10:52 pm

Moss wrote:

Great Story

Cops shows up at a party. Kicks alot of kids out, some stay and he searches the fridge to find a 30 rack of Natural ICE.

Asks the Kid, "whos beer is this?" Kid say "My Dads" Cop said right back "**** no one over 21 drinks this ****"

Damn thats about the story of mine. we were drinking about 12 beers left they never found the vodca i dont think. They asked whos it was and only one kid said it was his dads that he brought from home.
Tim

Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 6:48 am

[quote="pontiac4evr_14"]
Moss wrote:

Great Story

quote]

Damn thats about the story of mine. we were drinking about 12 beers left they never found the vodca i dont think. They asked whos it was and only one kid said it was his dads that he brought from home.

vodka* biglaugh.gif
Moss

Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:14 am

Tim, whats it like being perfect?

FatManDan, I can shoot heroine, or smoke weed and walk into a police station and say "I JUST SMOKED UP" and they have nothing they can do to me.

They could give me a drug test and find what I have taken. I think its Wild..
pontiac4evr_14

Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:52 am

[quote="Tim"]
pontiac4evr_14 wrote:
Moss wrote:

Great Story

quote]

vodka* biglaugh.gif

See judge im not a drinker i can't even spell Vodka until just now. icon_lol.gif

Last edited by pontiac4evr_14 on Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total
Moss

Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 11:54 am

drinking man?
glidden

Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:00 pm

this thread has gone down hill
pontiac4evr_14

Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:33 pm

i think your right i got all i need out of this.
jol102001

Post Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:42 pm

Moss wrote:
I got a buddy who got arrested for Internal Possession, he was drunk in New Hampshire and they had him Breath Test. It was in his system soo he got arrested for it. Thats truly wild.

If he was in a public place then isn't that the same thing as public drunkeness??
Moss

Post Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:40 am

possesion was a greater crime

[/ end thread]
FatManDan

Post Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:41 am

[/start thread] so hows everyone doing
pOrk

Post Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:23 am

good [/endthread]
The time now is Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:13 pm
Page 1 of 1