Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

lol..kind of long

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sat May 03, 2003 8:56 pm

ok tonight i went to the movies with some people...i was driving my truck and one of my friends was with me..i pulled up to the front door to sit and wait for him to ru nin and get the tickets since we were buying them in advance...well right as i come to a stop and he gets out a cop walks up to me and goes "you thats illegal right?",my first instinct was to check my switchs,the fusion kit was NOT on so i got confused...i said "what are you talking about,whats illegal?"....he says "your exhuast,,,it WAY to loud"..my first response was to laugh then i said "your kidding right?",hes like "not at all,i heard you before i could even see you,i could here you when you came into the parkinglot down around the corner,then i just waited to see which vehical it was comming from,and as you came down the street it was very loud,too loud"..i again asked if he was kidding..he said "no,and i should write you a ticket for it,but im going to let you off with a warning this time"...im like "ok...thanks, but i always thought it wasnt loud enough"..he said "any modification to my exhuast is illegal"..which has got to be b.s....so i said" its flowmaster,its not like i did some major modification to it or anything"..(now the funniest thing i ever heard a cop say) he said"the brand doesnt matter,its still too loud,its illegal on civics because it makes them sound loud and ****,and its illegal on trucks because it makes them sound just way to loud"...i again laughed and told him "i had no idea it was that loud,i've never heard it from anywhere but inside the cab"...he says"well im letting you go but i dont want to hear it again"..so i ask "how am i supposed to do that,i cant kill the engine and push it down the street"..he said"well dont rev your engine like you were doing when comming down the street"..i told him i wasnt reving the engine,thats how it sounds when i hit the gas,i cant change that....he told me "well hit the gas softly when you driving it around here"...so as i left i was hitting the gas soo dman lightly it was ridiculus,then him and another cop were laught because i was trying to keep it quite,but with exhaust i have thats almost impossible...lol....good times
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Sun May 04, 2003 1:22 am

What movie did u guys see? Good thing your Fusion kit wasn't on or the cop would have had a fit.
vice

Post Sun May 04, 2003 5:39 am

we went to see identity..i thought it was pretty damn good..and yea if the fusion kit was on then i would have gotten at ticket real fast
Knox

Post Sun May 04, 2003 8:17 am

good thing flowmasters dont cause any cop troubles where i live.
Goph

Post Sun May 04, 2003 11:26 am

I never heard of a cop saying a exahust is to load
vice

Post Sun May 04, 2003 3:21 pm

well exhuast can be too loud if you buy one of the loudest most obnoxious(i have no idea how to spell it) one that flowmaster makes.....sort of like i did...i have 2 chamber 40 series delta flow,split rear,18" tips with an angle cut
pontiac4evr_14

Post Sun May 25, 2003 10:52 pm

In magazines Greedy says the max Dbs a muffler can be is 95 so if its above that he car right a ticket. i think that law applys for almost all states. That cop is still pretty funny maybe he should pull my dad over his truck is loud stock. and how does he get that the civics sound **** i think its one of the sweetest sounds on earth.
PT-Turbo

Post Thu May 29, 2003 11:32 am

I HAVE 12 INCH DUAL GLASS PACKS,
AND NO CAT,
BASICLY A OPEN EXHAUST,
BUT I HAVE A TURBO,
when i wnet threw inspection, they failed me for loud exhaust,
but i have been pulled over many times, and no one ever said any thing about the exhaust,
plenty of tickets for other stupid stuff,
vice

Post Thu May 29, 2003 2:05 pm

pontiac4evr_14 wrote:
....and how does he get that the civics sound **** i think its one of the sweetest sounds on earth.

icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif icon_eek.gif ........that bumble bee noise is annoying..theres nothing like loud deep rumble of flowmaster...

one day i have to get something so i can take a sound clip of my exhuast so you guys can hear it....everybody who hears it is always shocked thats its a little 2.2l under the hood...my friends uncle who used to work on cars always though i had at least a 4.3 until he finally asked me and i told him it was a 2.2

PT-Turbo wrote:
I HAVE 12 INCH DUAL GLASS PACKS,
AND NO CAT,
BASICLY A OPEN EXHAUST,

im not too big on cherrybombs..but yours probably is nice and loud....the one time i heard a cherrybomb was on my friends 4 banger ranger...it sounds nice at a idle,but once the rpms get up there its not that great
88oldscutlass

Post Thu May 29, 2003 5:02 pm

dude hearing a little civic buzzing down the road just makes me laugh im sorry but that stupid ass bumble bee noise is just retarded. like vice said theres nothing like the sound of a flowmaster especially if its on a 5.0 liter or a 5.7 liter V8.
PT-Turbo

Post Thu May 29, 2003 6:12 pm

it sounds diffremt with the turbo,
mine sounds liek a deep throaty v-8 and a cross between a f-1 racer,
it is quite uniqe i havent heard soemthing quite like it,
i know that bumble bee type sound ,, (not a fan of that),,
nine even though ita a 4 cly, it doesnt sound like that,
icon_lol.gif
glidden

Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 2:32 pm

my friend has a toyota mr-2 with a cherry bomb, man that thing is sweet, its not that annoying high pitched buzz
Q45guy

Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:04 pm

Personally I would have asked the officer if he had a state issued DB meter on him including the proof that it had been recently serviced to keep it operating properly to test the loudness of the exhaust. If I was in the wrong for exceeding 95db then I would pay the ticket. Otherwise I would have taken the ticket to court and beaten it, making the cop look like an ass in the face of the judge. Some cops just have the 'higher than thou' attitude. The only thing in a car's exhaust system that is illegal to swap-out/remove/alter is the catalytic converter. The muffler itself is not illegal to remove or replace otherwise exhaust shops would all be closed down and all mufflers would be made of top quality stainless steel so that they would never rust or corode. If I saw that cop again I'd pull over and have a talk with him. Oh...and if you feel the need to call him and ass or names, make sure to start it off with "It is in my opinion that....". Otherwise it will be seen as assault on a police officer. They can't do jack if it is mearly your opinion and not a generalization or statement. I despise BS cops. icon_evil.gif
TypeRBass

Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 3:13 pm

holy old post....where has vice been, he dissapeared again.
Bobby Lee

Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:27 pm

TypeRBass wrote:
holy old post....where has vice been, he dissapeared again.

no kidding... i don't mean to be raggin on anybody, but this thread is old as ****...
Q45guy

Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 4:59 pm

Crap...I didn't see the original post date on this. Just read it as a recent post and thought I'd reply to it. LOL
PT-Turbo

Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:14 pm

yeah, old as my underwear,
reminds me , of the time, i was
speeding around the mall, parking lot with my lowered s-10
and peelin out every where,
and a rent a cop ( mall security)
followed me for like 5 mins, and finaly i pulled over,
as the walks up, i say ,
WHAT
and he sez, you always drive like an asss hole,
and i swear, my response was no hesitaion, and with lots of attitude,
YEAH,
so hes all takein a back,
and is like (well i can give you a ticket,
i look at my freind, whos ready to burst out laughin,
and im like ,, NO you cant,
, hes like, yes i can,
i say, your mall security, you have no authority to write me a ticket,
hes like, well i can make you wait here and i can call the cops,
, im like, you cant make me wait, .are you done, .. all snoty, like
and hes like, i can to make you, wait,
so i say no you cant, watch as i leave,
and a slam on the gas and peel out right in front of him,
LOL<
rent a cops, think they have power,, LOL,
dbismyname

Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:21 pm

our mall cop does write tickets. my buddy got one for noise violation for his subs. they can do that right? icon_neutral.gif
Mav

Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:30 pm

I wouldn't push a cop with the **** about having a DB reader etc.. because he's gonna start looking over your car for every single thing he can find wrong, and site you for all of it. In addition, he may make it a mandatory thing that at your expense, you go and actually have the exhaust DB rating tested, and a fix it ticket if it is in fact too loud... Cops can be real **** if you try and give them ****...
DragonJeep

Post Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:11 pm

My mall cops can write tickets too...
The time now is Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:04 am
Page 1 of 1