Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

legality in california for having these kinds of lights

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Mon May 05, 2003 11:46 pm

i was looking to get a plasma glow fusion kit and i was just wondering if anyone knew what the laws in california are for having these kinds of lights. i have been trying to look all over for them but i jsut cant seem to find them. thanks a lot!!
-mike
cheesy

Post Tue May 06, 2003 12:45 am

i'm from cali (so is phil)

the law says any "diffused" lighting is legal as long as the bulbs don't show, it's not red, and as long as it doesn't flash or strobe and it isn't above a certain brightness.

of course thats what the law says...cops may tell you differently. i had one say i could "probably" get away with bllue, and another tell me he would pull me over in a heartbeat if he ever saw them on. icon_evil.gif

I'll try to find the website...neon mike what was that website? (does he even post here???)

as far as the fusion kit goes, you have an advantage since you can change colors. you could have it on red (or color changing) and strobing/flashing/scanning/whatever all you want while parked (actually this is also debatable...se below) but when you drive you could switch to a harmless color like green, white, or yellow.

as far as having it on while parked...the same cop that told me he would pull me over in a heartbeat also said they are allowed to cite me even if i'm parked and even if i'm on PRIVATE PROPERTY!!! That's **** if you ask me...i don't think it's true and even if it were I don't think any cop in their right mind would actually pull someone over if they were parked.
Hub City Glower

Post Tue May 06, 2003 5:43 am

Quote:
...i don't think it's true and even if it were I don't think any cop in their right mind would actually pull someone over if they were parked.

u ever see super troopers.icon_biggrin.gif thats what came to my mind when u said that. the kids were pulled over and the cop told them to pull over more it was funny as hell anyone who hasn't seen that movie i suggest u do.
bobcheese

Post Wed May 07, 2003 1:13 am

thanks a lot for the info! im gonna try and get the kit in the summer cause my car is up north and im in LA. im just trying to get all the info cause i dont wanna buy the kit and then never be able to turn it on without sirens following me!
PTCruzr

Post Wed May 07, 2003 4:19 am

Make sure you buy it from Phil here at Oznium. He's got great prices and fantastic customer service.
cheesy

Post Wed May 07, 2003 2:47 pm

bobcheese wrote:
thanks a lot for the info! im gonna try and get the kit in the summer cause my car is up north and im in LA. im just trying to get all the info cause i dont wanna buy the kit and then never be able to turn it on without sirens following me!

Cool, are you going to school down in LA or what? I'm going to USC next year!

What I usually do is turn them on while I'm in parking lots and stuff, cuase cops probably don't care, but when I'm on streets and freeways I'm more careful. Like if I know of certain places where cops hang out I'll turn them off, but otherwise I just leave them on a supposedly legal setting like green or white or yellow. Blue is iffy so I tend to stay away from that, although before the Fusion kit when I had my blue StreetGlow GS kit I actually left it on pretty much all them time, until I got pulled over. Coincidentally I was pulled over for washer LEDs, not neons. The cop said I could probably get away with the blue neons, but definitely not the washer LEDs.
Knox

Post Wed May 07, 2003 4:54 pm

Quote:
u ever see super troopers. thats what came to my mind when u said that. the kids were pulled over and the cop told them to pull over more it was funny as hell anyone who hasn't seen that movie i suggest u do.

He's already pulled over, he can't pull over any farther biglaugh.gif icon_lol.gif
bobcheese

Post Thu May 08, 2003 1:23 am

of course ill buy it from here! seems like the best site ive seen for lights and other car stuff. and ya im going to calpoly pomona right now near LA. if im driving with the kit on and a cop pulls me over will he give me a ticket? or will he just ask me to turn them off.
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Thu May 08, 2003 8:50 am

It totally depends on what the cop want to do. They sometimes give you a ticket even if it isn't illegal and they just don't know the law well enough. Other times they will just give you a warning.
The time now is Sun May 20, 2018 9:55 pm
Page 1 of 1