Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Finally got a ticket yesterday

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:44 am

well i was driving in downtown columbus just crusing around last night looking for the ladies ;) and a cop pulls me over and gives me an illegal light ticket for 91 bucks speeding would have only been 80 somehow i don't think its fair...then later that night i got pulled over again for my neons again and the cop threatened to impound my car.......i think cops need something better to do with their time
pOrk

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:30 am

91 bones? You have a point system in Ohio?

Here, its 77 bones and 3 points.
DragonJeep

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:46 am

Well u have a blue UB kit...what did u expect...is all neon banned? or just red and blue?
Adrian

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:00 pm

Bad luck. What really yanks my chain is that nobody who is up to anything criminal is going to advertise themselves by driving around in something lit like a prop from a Spielberg movie icon_rolleyes.gif

They ought to pull you over and thank you for taking the time to ensure that your car is well maintained and road legal.
justinwebb

Post Fri Oct 15, 2004 1:53 pm

no i didn't get any points and i was told to take them off i will when they check it but put it right back on after...all neons are banned just downtown but outside they are legal which is retarded....
FatManDan

Post Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:57 pm

well when i goto cedar point i called up the state police and they told me there legal everywere down there but blue and rred and flashing/movie is illegal
onlyphases

Post Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:56 am

DragonJeep wrote:
Well u have a blue UB kit...what did u expect...is all neon banned? or just red and blue?
According to the Dept. of Transportation, on vehicles, we are alloted white & amber (for turning and fogs) to the front, amber to the sides, and red to the rear. The license plate bulb must be white. All other colors that are used while operating the vehicle is a moving violation (including neons). However, if you are on private property (i.e. gas station, walmart, kroger's, McDonald's, etc.) then you can have the lights and stuff on w/o harassment.

I should know these laws. Several of those tickets icon_lol.gif
A lot of the improper light tickets can be dismissed if you remove or correct the lights and have the cop sign off.

However, with the great technology of iceled's UFO i cruise around all the time n streetwise mode and have not had any probs biglaugh.gif ... as a matter of fact, I will post the story of the first week with UFO installed
The time now is Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:37 am
Page 1 of 1