Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

New 16 Million color kit? - Street FX Color Storm

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:23 am

I was looking in 12voltnews and seen an add for "Street FX Color Storm"

ColorStorm has taken color changing car lighting systems to an unmatchable level. The ColorStorm system allows users to choose colors using ColorStorm's 16 million color resolution and various programmable effects by taking advantage of the exclusive Color Remix™ technology and Bass Reactive Music Interface.

Because it features the state-of-the-art StormView™ color changing IR receiver which allows the driver to have an in-car view of the current under car color or lighting effect, the ColorStorm is unlike anything the market has seen.

This technology of both the four and 10 piece sets allows users to control its effects by using a credit-card thin remote control, to create custom light shows and strobes, and to select the speed of pre–programmed lighting effects. Three Bass Reactive modes pulse the lights to the beat of the music coming from the car’s stereo system.

Features:

· 16 million color resolution

· Programmable effects to customize your look

· Color Remix technology

· Bass Reactive Music Interface

· StormView color changing IR receiver (in car)

· Four and 10 piece sets

· Credit-card thin remote control

Price:
4 Piece Kit: $249.00
10 Piece Kit: $499.00

Don't know if anyone else has brought it up, just thought I would post and see what u guys think. I like the "ColorStorm has taken color changing car lighting systems to an unmatchable level." comment :-D
www.streetfxseries.com

- Beam
alienyoungjr

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:09 am

From the movies it looks like it can only do one color on the whole kit but 16 million possible.

http://www.streetfxseries.com/index.php?option=...tionid=9&id=34&Itemid=53

Its a waste, even with more colors that ICELED it still can't compete with what ICE can do.
DragonJeep

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:17 am

It almost looks like a rebadged ColorMorphics kit... icon_confused.gif
Cerwin Vega Fan

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:19 am

The color storm really is nothing special but I do like their color changing ElectroPods.

http://www.streetfxseries.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=42

Looks like a cheap way to get come color changing glow in your wheel wells. icon_cool.gif
Cerwin Vega Fan

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:20 am

alienyoungjr wrote:
Its a waste, even with more colors that ICELED it still can't compete with what ICE can do.

And it can't compete with Iceled's price either. icon_confused.gif
alienyoungjr

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 11:25 am

DragonJeep wrote:
It almost looks like a rebadged ColorMorphics kit... icon_confused.gif

except bigger tubes, all the colromorphics kits use only 10in bars and thats why it get so expensive is cause oyu start ith a 6 tube starter kit and then you have to spend a lot more to get the entire car covered.
DragonJeep

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:22 pm

Cerwin Vega Fan wrote:
The color storm really is nothing special but I do like their color changing ElectroPods.

http://www.streetfxseries.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=15&Itemid=42

Looks like a cheap way to get come color changing glow in your wheel wells. icon_cool.gif

15 bucs...you get what you pay for... icon_rolleyes.gif
Cerwin Vega Fan

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:24 pm

DragonJeep wrote:
Cerwin Vega Fan wrote:

15 bucs...you get what you pay for... icon_rolleyes.gif

Sorry, I cannot spend hundreds upon hundreds of dollars for ICE like some people. icon_rolleyes.gif
DragonJeep

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:41 pm

Then go to PepBoys and outfit your car with all the latest and greatest in automotive lighting they sell...looks like their kind of product...
Moss

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:34 pm

I got stock wheels, and have a couple trons and im getting some 1 footers and some more trons and a zen in the near future.

Some of us just dont spend our money on wheels. Hmm thats just me though...
alienyoungjr

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:52 pm

Moss wrote:
I got stock wheels, and have a couple trons and im getting some 1 footers and some more trons and a zen in the near future.

Some of us just dont spend our money on wheels. Hmm thats just me though...

Same for me, stock wheels, 4 trons and a zen heading my right as we speak.
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 2:54 pm

That Flash "storm" header on their site is really annoying.
Jimmy

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:09 pm

just looks like it would be ALOT of wiring floating under the car since the tubes are 18" long....
ADDICTED2ICELED

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 3:48 pm

if you look at the pic, is say's try me, press here... if it can operate of off batteries in the packaging... it's not that powerfull...
Phil
Owner, Oznium.com

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:11 pm

How do we know it doesn't have only 1 million colors?

I am waiting for the 32 million color kit icon_rolleyes.gif I think 32 is impossible...
ADDICTED2ICELED

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:22 pm

besides the fact that you can't see it, and the processing time is much higher, there's know way to reliably regulate voltage to the led's that precicely... well... can't say there's no way, becuase there probably is, but it's not at all practical...
NeonStyl

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:19 pm

Meh... No real comparison between ColorStorm and ICELED from what I see icon_confused.gif .

Compare the movies on ColorStorm's site HERE to the movies on ICELED's site HERE. Plain and simple, that should tell ya all you need to know icon_cool.gif .

Just my .02... good find tho, man. I hadn't heard of that one before you posted it.

L8R,
alienyoungjr

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:42 pm

ADDICTED2ICELED wrote:

if you look at the pic, is say's try me, press here... if it can operate of off batteries in the packaging... it's not that powerfull...

I guess you haven't seen those ultra smal 12v batteries. I have seen other companies do this to so people can try it out in the store.
ADDICTED2ICELED

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 9:56 pm

I've seen button cells u can order at radio shack up to 30v... that doesn't mean it's got the current to run it... a gem would last like 90 seconds on a small battery like that...
alienyoungjr

Post Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:01 pm

yeah but a gem is also useing those superflux LEDs that require high amount of current which would be the difference of those verse a gem, but a gem can also be controled with other lighting fixtures too. So, there is some major difference in a gem and a color changing pod for instance price, brightness, amount of colors, and size.

Gem = Much Better
Pod = Money waste or money challenged people.
Adrian

Post Sun Nov 14, 2004 3:50 am

What I find difficult getting across to people is the fact that ICELED is the only range that has intelligence built into every light source. This allows them all to be linked together with various controllers to create a fully orchestrated lighting display that can be built upon bit-by-bit. And because they can all produce the same full spectrum of colour, you get to specify a whole set of different 'looks' that can coordinate or contrast as much as you like.

Also we use the brightest and most efficient LEDs you can buy - then run them at a electronically regulated constant-current so they always yield their maximum brightness without endangering them (this is a particularly significant issue in an auto environment where voltages routineley range from 10 to 15 Volts and have the occasional glitch to over 80 Volts!)

Any darn fool can toss some cheap muliticoloured LEDs onto a circuit board with some resistors and sell it as 'the worlds most advanced lighting' - and frequently do icon_rolleyes.gif This applies to every other product I've seen ...bar none!
alienyoungjr

Post Sun Nov 14, 2004 6:41 am

Well said.
ADDICTED2ICELED

Post Sun Nov 14, 2004 7:33 am

alienyoungjr wrote:
yeah but a gem is also useing those superflux LEDs that require high amount of current which would be the difference of those verse a gem, but a gem can also be controled with other lighting fixtures too. So, there is some major difference in a gem and a color changing pod for instance price, brightness, amount of colors, and size.

Gem = Much Better
Pod = Money waste or money challenged people.

exactly my point.... as i said originally... "much more powerfull"
Brandon

Post Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:29 pm

wow, their "demo" vehicle sucks. What a HUGE dead spot.....EVERYWHERE. And the TireFlys? Wow

ICELED > ColorStorm
domestic_disturbance

Post Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:48 pm

Brandon wrote:
wow, their "demo" vehicle sucks. What a HUGE dead spot.....EVERYWHERE. And the TireFlys? Wow

ICELED > ColorStorm

i agree with Mr. Brandon
The time now is Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:22 pm
Page 1 of 1