Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Z-Racks???

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sat Jan 08, 2005 5:39 pm

Alright. Here's my thought. I would like to install a Hydraulic Z-rack setup on my truck. For those who don't know what this is, it lets you lift and twist and evevn spin the bed of your truck using Hydraulic pumps and shocks.

My problem is that I've yet to find any info on them. I've tried about 6 lowrider sites and at least 11 sites that sell Hydraulic setups.

Does anyone have any informative sites that I can look at and get some ideas from? I'm not looking to buy anything just yet. I just want to see the steps it takes and the stock needed.

I'm in a car club that knows everything about traditional lowriders but none of them have any experience with these setups. LOL

So if any one has looked into this before or know where I can look at these setups I would greatly appreciate any info.
9sdime9

Post Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:34 pm

A buddy of mine took some really big hinges from lowe's and made his S10's bed into a dump bed...and i've seen a bunch of trucks with airbags to lift up the bed, but i havent seen em that spin around.

User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image
User posted image

Last edited by 9sdime9 on Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total
ProjectRAGE

Post Sat Jan 08, 2005 7:42 pm

any places around you that deal with that? or could call and find out..try and call some hydraulics sites or air ride places (call them even if they dont have no info on the sites, sure SOMEONE on one of those places has to know about them), someone there im sure would know more about that then here..
Cerwin Vega Fan

Post Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:40 pm

Oh **** those are some nice trucks.
jethawk

Post Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:43 pm

i saw that on TV before... the spinning of the truck beds and such... but im yet to come across any info on it....
GlowinPontiac

Post Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:58 pm

those are some crazy ass trucks!!!
Neon Mike

Post Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:11 am

My buddy found some plans last night so he's gonna send em over to me. Thanx a lot everyone. Also thanx for the pix too. LOL just makes me want to do it even more LOL.
9sdime9

Post Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:36 am

Neon Mike wrote:
My buddy found some plans last night so he's gonna send em over to me. Thanx a lot everyone. Also thanx for the pix too. LOL just makes me want to do it even more LOL.

Sounds good! Make sure you take lots of pics and post em! icon_cool.gif
Knox

Post Sun Jan 09, 2005 11:50 am

If you go through with it, it should be badass. icon_cool.gif
Neon Mike

Post Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:07 pm

Chances are. I'll do it but it will be a while before I getthe cake together for it. My buddies can get me some sick deals on most of the stock and we'll do the work ourselves. You can bet on a ton of pics when I get started.
9sdime9

Post Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:42 pm

Neon Mike wrote:
Chances are. I'll do it but it will be a while before I getthe cake together for it. My buddies can get me some sick deals on most of the stock and we'll do the work ourselves. You can bet on a ton of pics when I get started.

Sounds good :thumbup:
GoldenRod

Post Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:29 am

I wonder how you run wires to the bed, if it can spin? (Not that you have that many wires running to your bed... icon_lol.gif )
9sdime9

Post Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:58 pm

The bed doesn't revolve like a wheel, it might spin 180 maybe 360 at the MOST, and then it would reverse direction back to the "stock" position. So as far as wiring you would just have to make sure there was enough slack to allow for rotation.
FatManDan

Post Mon Jan 10, 2005 6:48 pm

the ones i've seen spin around and around and around with out stopping....wires goto motor that spins the bed.....
The time now is Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:32 am
Page 1 of 1