Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

minnesota law regarding underlighting

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:44 pm

if you can help thad be great! im wondering if i will get pulled over for having them on...
stasis-

Post Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:52 pm

mostly the law states no red/blue for sure, other colors vary by area
tubes showing are more likely to get you a ticket
just ask local chief of police or something and get a signed letter to carry around if you get pulled over

safest way is to not drive with them on all the time, since its usually subjective for the cop to decide if he wants to give you a ticket or not..

and welcome to the boards
Silentdawn

Post Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:01 am

Just get the UFO kit, that way the cop will be in awe / shock, not able to give you a ticket
super_accord

Post Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:52 am

In minnesota all neons and stuff are illegal. Most cops wont even let u have them on in a parking lot, depending on where in the state you are.
jackntheboks

Post Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:14 am

i dont know why they are illegal, i mean comeon i cant see why blue and red but other colors should be fine in my opinion lol... thanks for the input, and what are you talking about get a letter from chief of police lol i dont think hed exempt me or anything lol
Moss

Post Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:34 am

He means if they are legal. AS long as not visible have a letter or e-mail or the book code saying that way if your pulled over you can show the officer.

icon_cool.gif
Adrian

Post Sat Apr 23, 2005 9:59 am

And if you're showing white at the front amber at the sides & red at the rear? These colors are generally accepted in these positions everywhere in the world. We've even had customers in the UK tell us the police actually felt it was a safety feature!
super_accord

Post Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:44 am

Im just telling you my personal experiences, I have driven in DL and the cops made me shut them off even though I was in a parking lot He said they were illegal to have on the car at any time. But I was once in Cokato and the cop made told me the only place I could have them on was in a parking lot.
You may be able to get away with them in a parking lot, but i wouldnt drive with them on the ticket for them is rather spendy. Your best bet is to just go talk to a few local cops and find out if they will let you have them on and where they will let you have them on.
The time now is Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:46 am
Page 1 of 1