Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

dome light led's

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:16 am

how do u hook up leds to your dome light so when you open the door they come on? i have 10 leds...how many should i use up there? diagrams would be good too. thanx a lot
Floyd

Post Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:13 am

when i do mine im thinking about 8-10 blue and 6-12 UV...all just personal preference, like brightness and such.
Avernus

Post Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:55 am

10 should work alright but if you shave them down and place them right they will look really good. I would run a switch to turn them on and off so when the cop piulls you over and you get out of the car the LEDs don't turn on. Then he gives you a faulty lighting ticket on your possesion of a conceled wepon. biglaugh.gif
GlowinPontiac

Post Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:06 pm

why would it matter if your led domelight comes on when you open the door? mine does. it replaces the regular domelight and ive never had any legal problems even turning it on to look at something with a cop behind me.
iluvneon

Post Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:12 pm

ok...theres a black "box thing" that hold the bulb thats in there with two wires connected to the box. do i just rip out the black box and wire the leds to the two wires? or should i wait for my neighbor who knows what he's doing?
GlowinPontiac

Post Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:28 pm

check the polarity and use the wires from the old domelight. mine dims too when it goes out and ive had no probs
RettaSql

Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 12:35 pm

I looked at her dome light and one problem i saw was that theres no place to mount the LED's. My dome light in my car has a plastic base where you can actualy detach it from the headliner and screw into it for the LEDs, but hers isnt like that, you basicly take off the lense and its carpet under it instead of plastic.

I figured a few ways i can do it but i dont know if its going to work quite yet, Like actualy drilling holes into the dome light lense so the LEDs are exposed to the interior. I dont know if that would realy light up the car enough (dont realy have expierence with LEDs and how much light they disperse).

Last edited by RettaSql on Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total
iluvneon

Post Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:37 pm

lol its true...he came the other nite lol hopefully he can figure somethin out icon_biggrin.gif thanx a lot justin!!
Floyd

Post Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:36 am

Ya you are having the same problem as me... this is what im doing:

im going to take a thin piece of aluminum and make a "shelf" to mount the LED's to. the dome CANNOT be reverted back to stock though icon_confused.gif
The time now is Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:45 am
Page 1 of 1