Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

any one see 2fast2furious,

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 8:49 pm

OMG , that was so lame,sometimes.
1. when racing,, since when do you shift then pull away from a car next to you, like you werent even on the gas, and magicly the car is now puttign out all this extra horse power, ( doesent adding aftermarket parts make your engine make power at a higher rpm level,
hence when you shift you drop down the rpm band, hence less power???
and higher top end. ...

2. since when does a skyline slide sideways,, its a 4 wheel drive, and is not as easy to slide as a a rear drive car, or frotn wheel for that matter.

3. way to many nitrous purges.

4. since when do you ride the clutch at 100 ish miles per hour,

5 . rich house with wanttobee race drivers hanging out front, doesnt this guy have real things to do,like embezzling , stock trading , he sez( i want my package). LOL,,
, then to some kind of race with at least 50 needless shots of shifting.
the mustang crash was funny,,
the supposed, 50+ miles per hour reverse flip.. while still passing cars on the free way, , hit a parking lot, and see if you can do 15+ miles per hour back wards, its mad hard,, let alone . 50+ while passing cars one handed, .

huge wings, some are just way to big.

gps, has ground wire, power and turn on, thats it,, it cant be wired into the computer, LOL,,
they are going to give up the cars ,, because of that, LOL,

raydin the thunder god is a cop?? man what a bad actor.

since when do you race with 1/2 throtel, then step all the way down,, LOL,

cool, stuff,
the emp vehical disabler used by the cop, that was funny ****,,

the pink chicks computer managment unit with the pic of the chinees chick,, lol, that was cool,

69 or 67 yenko camaro,, not sure,, hotttt,
pontiac4evr_14

Post Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:09 pm

the attept at a plot was not well thought out. how the **** could paul walker aford that skyline if he is living in a boat house and fled the california cops. basicly it was a long car show on film.
Glowin_Neons

Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 7:38 am

icon_razz.gif

I actually liked the movie and thought it was good enough to see again. The guy with the big house was just testing them with the little package,before he sent them out to do a bigger job.And the way they were moving those cars like that and sliding sideway are called stunts,if you look at the behind scenes of this movies most of the stunts were done by a machine driven vehicle to do those manuvers...

This is only my opinion of the movie..
I hope no one is offended my what I write next,if so I'm didn't mean to offend any one..

biglaugh.gif

But like the saying goes:
Opinion are like a**holes,everyone has one..
omega

Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 8:46 am

I agree with most of those, minus the GPS part, well sortof, you can't ness. wire the GPS into the computer, but you can wire it up so that if someone cut the system out, you can screw up the ECU pretty good, and DEI makes something called an 820t Car*Com, which is basically what that unit was, if it's installed right, you've got to be pretty good to take it out, that guy might have been all mechanics, nothing electrical. I'm not good with mechanics but I'll install anything that takes electricity into a car.
alexwbush

Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 4:30 pm

i didn't think it was that great, but it was more than i expected. it really did miss Vin Diesel (i bet he would be where Tyrese was). and i expected to see at least the girl from the first one (Mia), but noooooo. and i can see how he might be able to afford the GTR... he was racing for crazy amounts of cash. just like 7-8 races and you could be up there 70-80 thousand. but yeah, there are a lot of things left unset.

i did like how they had some American cars in there.

but all and all... i've have to say i got a weird "Gone in 60 Seconds" vibe. like deja vou icon_lol.gif
PT-Turbo

Post Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:05 pm

i think i liked the 1st one better,
this one was a nice long car movie,
i didnt notice any bikes, though,, hummm,
alexwbush

Post Thu Jun 26, 2003 1:06 pm

PT-Turbo wrote:
i think i liked the 1st one better,
this one was a nice long car movie,
i didnt notice any bikes, though,, hummm,

more bikes doing fancy stuff than the 1st one... the 1st one they only came and went. they 2nd one they're mainly at the beginning doing wheelies and stuff...
Knox

Post Sun Jun 29, 2003 7:37 pm

I liked the variey of cars in the 2nd one better. Especially that Ram. icon_cool.gif I want that.
cheesy

Post Thu Jul 03, 2003 11:46 pm

man guys, some of you need to lay off...its a MOVIE, not a documentary (although the director of the first one claimed it could be a documentary... icon_rolleyes.gif ).

sure there are going to be tons of little things that don't make sense...but its holywood. overall i thought it was great entertainment, i enjoyed it and will definitely be buying it when it comes out.

also, as far as being able to purchase the skyline: if you have the FATF "Tricked Out" edition DVD (don't even get me started on the phrase "tricked out") there is a special feature at the end of the credits (or in the special features menu) that sort of links the two movies. heres how it goes...(don't read the following if you'd rather see it yourself)

the whole thing is about 5 minutes long, and its a silent movie (no voices, just music). you see dominic torreto driving the supra across the boarder into mexico. then you see brian in his houseboat debating what to do. he leaves his badge in the bathroom and leave the houseboat right before the cops get there. then he drives his red honda prelude (not sure where he got that) away and races some hella asian dude and wins. then he stops for breakfast and sees theres an article in the paper about him and how he's a fugative and ****. he sees this HELLA cute chick sitting across the room and then two cops come in for coffee. then he leaves the diner and drives off. next scene he's in a motel watching TV and the news shows that he has recently been sighted, so he quickly packs up and leaves his room, as he's walking to his car he bumps into the HELLA cute chick again (i'm emphasizing her cuteness in case you didn't notice) and then he sees some cops looking into his prelude so he turns around and starts hitchhiking. once again the HELLA cute chick shows up, driving a silver eclipse/spyder or something. she picks him up and drives him to a USED car lot (key word: USED). as he's getting out he notices she has the newspaper with the article about the fugative cop (aka brian). he looks at her and she looks back at him and smiles sort of acknowlegding she knows who he is, then he gets out. he talks to the car salesman and looks over to a beat up old greenish car under an awning...the Nissan Skyline GTR. So then he ad the salesman (a late teens kid) go talk to the manager and brian hands him a fat wad of cash. the kid looks either shocked or mad, like he was **** that brian got the skyline. so anyway, brian drives the skyline away and takes it to a paint shop where he paints it silver himself, and he pays the paint shop owner (in cash, of course). then brian works on the car in some garage for a little bit and races a rapper with gold chains and **** in a ferrari (i think..i can't remember), and wins (of course icon_smile.gif ). finally brian is driving down the freeway and comes to a fork in the highway between Miami and New York, and he chooses Miami. Then he sees a couple of riced out cars and smiles.

damn that was long, (but it was only about 5 minutes long). its pretty cool, i suggest you watch it (i've watched it like 20 times icon_biggrin.gif )
pontiac4evr_14

Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:01 am

that fills in alot of gaps i wish they had that in the first edition.
cheesy

Post Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:06 am

they didn't have it in the first edition because i'm sure they hadn't come up with the story line for 2Fast2Furious yet. i bet they had the scene where Dom drove to mexico, but nobody bothered watching all the credits...it makes you wonder what other movies have stuff like that after the credits (I know the Matrix Reloaded does)
9sdime9

Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:51 am

i think i read somewhere that the skyline was modified to two wheel drive, therefore allowing for the "crazy" stunts to be performed.
silentalero

Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:50 am

ok this is alotta reading

I saw the movie thought it was ok, but for one reason I think they do alotta fake things is to keep kids away from trying it in reality
9sdime9

Post Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:59 pm

i agree, just prior to the movies release there was a story on the national news about how cops were stepping up traffic patrols, readying themsevles for kids imitating actors in the movie.
Bobby Lee

Post Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:56 pm

it didn't really seem all that realistic to me... i mean, i've been to miami a couple of times (mainly south beach, but all over also) and i rarely saw any "decked out" cars. usually it was one civic here another civic there, but never in a huge ass group with cars that were that bright and colorful...
banned from SG

Post Wed Jul 23, 2003 12:54 am

its settled, i'm going to go to a used car lot and hope to stumble across a skyline...
DragonJeep

Post Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:26 am

Ive been to Miami a couple of times. You see more exotic cars than hooked up imports. You have better chances of seeing any model Ferrari or Lambo down there than a decked out Civic.

Oh yeah, and even the hookers are hot as hell in South Beach. icon_cool.gif

9sdime9 wrote:
i think i read somewhere that the skyline was modified to two wheel drive, therefore allowing for the "crazy" stunts to be performed.

Yes. (From Sport Compact Car) the Skyline had the front driveshaft and differential disconnected and computer modified to allow for the stunts. Also the brown(maybe bronze?) Supra has a single turbo conversion and many mods but it has over 90k miles and its ragged out so its slower than a factory Supra. The pink S2000 has a fake exhaust to have the "pink" flames come out. (real exhaust is cut out in the middle) The red RX7 had engine probs throughout the whole movie and doesnt run right. The Yenko Camaro is a fake one. The Saleen Mustang wrecked under the semi was in fact a REAL Saleen icon_cry.gif The Corvette that hits the Saleen afterwards and flips over was not meant to flip over on the first shot. When it did they were going to put a roll cage to protect the driver but the accidental shot was so good they just went with it. (The driver was fine)
9sdime9

Post Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:40 am

Yup, the S2000 has two propane tanks in the trunk haha...looks funny with the trunk open.
The time now is Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:36 am
Page 1 of 1