Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Baton Rouge, Louisiana.... sucks since Katrina!!!!

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:54 am

RANT ON
Ok, New Orleans is'nt such a great place to begin with. I dont know how many of you have visited it before, but....yeah...minus Mardi Gras..... it's not much. It always smells of crap and ****...mixed with alcoholic throw-up. It has alot of dangerous people who would rather slit your throat, than look at you. (I've been robbed twice in N.O.) Come on, why do you think all of the rappers call it the "dirty south"? It isn't because of all of the nice things there. Anyways.....

So, Katrina comes along,... and all of N.O. is flooded. I think this was Gods way of taking out a really bad place. Then they call a MANDITORY evacuation. So, half the people leave.... yep, half! Ok, so minus the people who live in the gheto and cant afford to leave.... there are still about 50,000 dumbtards that just hung around for the hell-of-it. So, then they go crazy and start shooting people left and right, looting, raping, and doing everything you can possiably do wrong (as if the end of the world were coming). Not only are they all wondering around being chaotic, but then anywhere these new orleani-ans go... they bring crap with them.

Yeah, at the super dome.... they are doing the same thing: 23 rapes have been reported.... god knows how many werent.... 8 people have been brutally murdered....Cops have been shot and people are getting deathly ill from all the human waste everywhere.

Well, lets see.... a bunch of unruly... nasty.... criminal type people..... have been pushed out of their homes and into... guess where?... Baton Rouge. Now, every gas station has a two hour waiting line, you cant even shop at Wal-mart it's so packed, much less find a place to eat without a four hour wait. Then on top of that, they bring all of their crime here too. Wrongful deaths have went up by 60%, car theft by 50%, raping by 40%, and gang wars have been everywhere from the local store to the mall of louisiana. Now, THIS is becoming new orleans.

Needless to say... im not happy that we took in a bunch of sorry S.O.B.'s that are so grateful. Come on, they are guest here, and they are ripping apart my home town! I cant even let my girlfriend walk herself to her own car after work at night. I meet her every night to make sure nothing happens. What is the world coming to?
RANT OFF
jol102001

Post Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:28 am

I know how you feel, its happening here too, just not to that extent. We have a cop that walks us to our cars now. I feel a hell of a lot safer. And your absolutely right about how N.O. smells.

Should i feel bad if i keep cracking N.O. jokes?
Ryan88

Post Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:28 am

Of course you shouldn't feel bad.

Looking at pictures from there remind me of the movie Black Hawk Down with all the crazy black people stealing and shooting and stuff.
k104

Post Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:54 am

Ryan88 wrote:

Looking at pictures from there remind me of the movie Black Hawk Down with all the crazy black people stealing and shooting and stuff.

gettin hyped for that klan meeting? icon_rolleyes.gif
AREA 51

Post Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:09 am

I'm not justifying what is taking place down ther but when your livelyhood is threatened it tends to bring out the worse in people. The rapes, murders, and overall brutality can not be excused but, at the same time the residents didnt think the worse would happen and truly it didnt until the leves broke then all hell broke loose. I understand looting for food trying to get your hands on water for your poor sick grandmother .....I would too but I dont think I would walk out with tvs and dvds and such. They showed a audio shop that was just destroyed....everything was gone.

The other thing that is going to happen is over the next few years people are going to be offloading those cars that may still run that have been water damaged. They will never sell them locally but it doesnt mean they dont pack a truck to St louis to a local dealer who sells these cars and you may never know it. They talked of the same thing for years after HUGO hit and then ANDREW a few years ago.

I just cant even comprehend people dying in a airport or on a highway overpass. A reporter was doing a story on a family in the airport trying to survive, he was feeding the granfather food and water just trying to help. The next morning the grandfather he was feeding had passed on in the night. How do you cope with that knowing under the right conditions and medical care he would probably still be there.

Knowing the whole time the root cause is no one had military close enough to new orleans to help. Military was staged outside the city limits ready for the disater but they werent actually in the city so when the leves broke they were cutoff from getting in with their vehicles. It took them days to get to the reilef efforts......days some people didnt have.

They left their homes without food, clothes, and access to money. I dont know about you but my eyes have been opened. I always get money from ATMs I never have cash but I have now bought a fire/flood safe that I am putting cash in so I will have money in case something every happened and we were without power for weeks.
mccook8

Post Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:56 am

ShoUrGlow wrote:
I'm not justifying what is taking place down ther but when your livelyhood is threatened it tends to bring out the worse in people.

No, you're not justifying it, but you ARE making excuses for it.

Look, here's the simple but unpalatable truth: There are evil people in the world, and they will take advantage of any situation which makes it easier to GET AWAY WITH what they want to do anyway.

Bottom line: there aren't massive droves of decent, honest people who, after spending 2-3 days struggling to survive, just decided, "what the hell? I'm going to go and steal a shopping cart full of Nikes. I'm going to rape a few girls. I'm going to go and kill somebody." That's just ****. I can see otherwise honest people stealing food or drink or ONE pair of shoes or change of clothing, but booze? Electronics? Give me a break.

The vast majority of them are scum, and deserve to be shot down in the street like the dogs they are.
Mav

Post Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:23 pm

The news couldn't have said it any better. "It's as if these area's have turned into a third world country!".... They are shooting at people who are coming to help get them out and get them food and water. People are chanting at the superdome "We Want Help"... Save your fluckin energy. We are helping, but we aren't miracle workers. We can't make it all go away. They want help, but then when the police come in to help and try to make it a safer, more comfortable environment in the SuperDome while bussing people out as quickly as possible, the entire crowd mobbed and pushed the cops out. The medical center has shut down because people were mobbing them etc..

What makes them think they deserve any more help, any quicker than the next person? I have nothing against black people, or any other race. But those people are the most self centered people I've seen. "Me, Me, I, I"... How about saying "Hey, I managed to make it out alive, I'm not injured, let me volunteer to help assist those who are still suck in that mess. It will make it easier for all of us!" Why do they expect our troops who have never even been to N.O. before, to come over and assist, while their own people can't give a rats ass about their neighbors...

I'm usually all for the funds setup for helping people who've been hit with such a major disaster (except for the fact that they never seem to distribute it the way they should), but the way these people are acting.. I'd rather say "Hey, you're on your own. You want to take pop shots at us, and then expect us to keep wanting to help you... That's not going to happen. You're telling us that you don't want our help by shooting at us.. so be it. You're on your own. Have fun rebuilding." And I don't want to think that way, as while most of the people there may have that attitude, I'm sure there are some that don't have it, and they don't deserve to be left there because others are self centered bastards...
AREA 51

Post Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:44 pm

I am not making any excuses for those people who harm others. Thas ridiculous....burn them all who harm their brother and sister.

The others trying to save their family with food and water..Wish them the best.
silvertab4019

Post Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:42 pm

all I know is I want these f*ck-heads out of here. Theres no reason why they should be over here screwing up Baton Rouge! It makes me wanna move out of this state, as much as I love it.... the value of life is slowly decreasing in the "dirty south"!
BlazenSentra

Post Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:17 pm

The people that are messing everything up.. just call 'em what they are...
jol102001

Post Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:22 pm

Come on silvertab. You know there are gonna be rumors... how do you KNOW that these things are actually happening? Who told you? Is it the press or police?
silvertab4019

Post Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:28 pm

Srgt. Ray Duplichain Jr. of the army national guard.

so you think im making this sh*t up, huh?
FatManDan

Post Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:34 pm

k104 wrote:
Ryan88 wrote:

just cuz he said black dont make him racist, and if you seen the tv reports........it is mostly african americans doing the looting and some white people but mostly african americans.....so put a sock in it mr.pc ok?

icon_rolleyes.gif

anyways anyone notice how when the tsunmi hit over sees everone in the world was like OMFG! and this hit here and like a few people are like hey wow and there is no other countrys helping us? pretty **** up ehh?
Ryan88

Post Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:47 pm

lol thanks, I was going to say, it only reminded me of Black Hawk Down (great movie)
jol102001

Post Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:02 pm

silvertab4019 wrote:
Srgt. Ray Duplichain Jr. of the army national guard.

so you think im making this sh*t up, huh?

i didn't say you were making it up... i just wanted to know how truthful these stories can be.

Even with that said, yeah, there might be a slight raise in crime, but i don't believe its all due to the refugees, nor do i think there was a rise in that much crime.
Cerwin Vega Fan

Post Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:57 pm

k104 wrote:
Ryan88 wrote:

Please stop talking, your embarrassing yourself.
Cerwin Vega Fan

Post Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:00 am

I talked to a few of the security guards from a local hospital and down the road several cars were broken into in the parking lot of a local bank. It is by no means a chaos type environment but crime has grown up. I'm amazed too how I hear things like other people are trying to find jobs for the storm victims until they can go back. Like every local person here has a high powered six figure job and unemployment is at 0.5%. icon_confused.gif
o6blink

Post Sun Sep 04, 2005 12:37 am

k104 wrote:
Ryan88 wrote:

"As of 2005, there are an estimated 3,000 Klan members"

yeah so i guess that means were all **** getting ready for the klan meeting because we call black people, well, black people huh?

guess that makes most of us part of that 3000 icon_neutral.gif
Mav

Post Sun Sep 04, 2005 11:06 am

Come on guys, keep on topic or I'm closing this thread.. lets stear away from the racial conversations.
k104

Post Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:07 pm

i see some people here think the same way the media does

BlazenSentra

Post Sun Sep 04, 2005 1:39 pm

k104 wrote:
i see some people here think the same way the media does

I see you obviously don't know how to let something go, and listen to the admin...

Thread Locked...
The time now is Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:21 am
Page 1 of 1