Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

glowers from canada

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:07 pm

hey people im from canada well ontario canada and i was wondering what the legality on underbody kits is and is it legal to drive with neons on inside the car when none of the tubes are visible ( and what does it mean when they ask me if i want a normal post or a sticky one sorry im new her )
GlowinPontiac

Post Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:09 pm

you shouldnt be able to post stickys.......
so do a normal one.
EDIT i guess anyone can post a sticky here? is this an error or has it alyways been like that?
Icedoutjetta

Post Sun Oct 16, 2005 7:27 pm

umm i dont know what a sticky is and i think i saw it before on another post i put up
Silentdawn

Post Sun Oct 16, 2005 8:09 pm

Oh wow..phil is this meant to be?
king_midas

Post Sun Oct 16, 2005 11:11 pm

I'm in Vancouver, BC. illegal on roads
Losing quickly

Post Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:23 am

Must be an error (sticky)
Icedoutjetta

Post Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:51 pm

king_midas wrote:
I'm in Vancouver, BC. illegal on roads

i guess if its elegal im BC than it must be the same in ontario but ill still be glowin and representing oznium
jkupp2000

Post Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:29 am

yea **** the man! glow fo sho
taylor192

Post Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:33 am

Glow is legal in Ontario, yet don't be surprised if you get hassled anyways.

I have ICELED and have been pulled over twice, no tickets, barely a warning. I drive with it on all the time at night and early morning. I've had the ICELED for about a year now, and have my footwells lit as well.

The reason it is legal cause Ontario lighting laws are worded in the same manner as most places - if the bulb is visible its illegal. The warning I did receve was cause my front tube was not tucked far enough up and could be seen at an uphill intersection. The officer was very polite, I ran him through all the patterns and the only 2 he disapproved of was pattern 3 (red background, white chaser - although blue background was fine) and pattern L (strobe).

So many cars have underglow and drive with it on, plus many of the shops do an awful job installing it and you can see the bars.

The officer gave me great advice that should be true for all glowers: its a grey area of the law, and although he might or might not write me a ticket for it, if he could find doing something else wrong I'll be getting a ticket for that.
Icedoutjetta

Post Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:03 pm

really they dont care as long as the tubes are hidden like i want to show off my glow its my first car and im proud of what ive done to it so far lol but thansk for the input guys check out my profile lol
Mikerosoft

Post Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:58 pm

Alberta it is the kit can't be on while you are moving.
Parked its fine, but as soon as you move its a violation.
Again, not many will pull you for it, as there isn't a law just for underglow
... but there is always the chance you meet a cop having a bad day.
Glow safely.
Icedoutjetta

Post Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:07 pm

jkupp2000 wrote:
yea **** the man! glow fo sho

i know its been a while since i posted this topic but i was also wondering what the legality of interior glow is like cuz i have two purple CC's that the tubes are visible from the outside ( i couldnt find a place to hide them and have a lot of glow for the rear of the car ) so yeah if anyone still reads this lol then please share

oh yeah **** da police
Obsession88

Post Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:58 pm

Anyone know what the law is in Manitoba?
canadian_hustla_19m

Post Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:47 am

"Alberta it is the kit can't be on while you are moving.
Parked its fine, but as soon as you move its a violation.
Again, not many will pull you for it, as there isn't a law just for underglow
... but there is always the chance you meet a cop having a bad day.
Glow safely."

yeah man, Calgary is real bad for this. Cops hunt for people with these kinds of violations - I have been pulled over and ticketed twice
Spawn

Post Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:36 am

taylor192 is mostly right for Ontario. As long as the bulbs are not visible you are pretty much golden. My grill has been backlit for over a year now, and although I have been paid close attention to by some officers, you can't see the bulbs from the exterior so not tickets. I have an inferno kit, but not on when I am rolling. The sections of the Higway traffic act that apply to underglow state that no vehice other than emergency services can have blue, red or green FLASHING lights. The important part to note is the flashing. Green is more of a local one, reserved for Volunteer Firefighters. Here are the most applicable sections. As for the interior, I have rolled up to many RIDE programs and other than a few comments like "You like blue lights, eh?", the same applies, as long as it does not interfere with your visiblity and the bulbs are not visible from the outside, you're fine.

Section 15 is the one that gives them the most freedom to charge you, and trust me, it will stick. Basically it may not be in the HTA, but it may be a local law that you can't have them on.

Intermittent red light restricted

(14) Subject to subsection (15), no person shall use a lamp, other than the vehicular hazard warning signal lamps commonly known as four way flashers, that produces intermittent flashes of red light. R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8, s. 62 (14).

Red light in front

(15) In addition to the lighting requirements in this Part, a vehicle described in subsection (15.1) may carry lamps that cast a red light only or such other colour of light that may, with the approval of the ministry, be designated by a by-law of the municipality in which the vehicle is operated, but no other motor vehicle shall carry any lamp that casts a red light to the front. 1998, c. 35, s. 103.

"Restriction on use of flashing blue light

(32) No person shall operate a lamp that produces intermittent flashes of blue light on a highway except in the circumstances described in subsection (31). "

[section 144]
“emergency vehicle” means,
(b) a vehicle while used by a person in the lawful performance of his or her duties as a police officer,
on which a siren is continuously sounding and from which intermittent flashes of RED LIGHT are visible from all directions; (“véhicule de secours”)
The time now is Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:24 pm
Page 1 of 1