Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

blue neons in fl

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:33 pm

I know this has probably been done before but I am in the military and getting out soon. I am planning on putting blue neons underneath and inside my car. I am also planning on tinting all the windows except for the windshield. Can anyone who knows the law let me know it? I am moving to Lakeland, FL. in Polk County. Thanx I would appreciate it.
stasis-

Post Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:08 pm

unless you find someone that lives in that same city, you'll have to ask for yourself..the laws are very shady
Losing quickly

Post Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:49 pm

Im pretty sure that blue are illegal in FL. Blue is illegal in most places in the US. (cop color)
Bouncer

Post Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:16 pm

I live in Lake County (about 30 minutes from Polk County) and I have blue LED's inside my 2004 xB and strobes in my 2000 E420.

Blue/Red/Orange are all illegal inside and out. Strobes are illegal also. Althou, I dont let that stop me from having a lil fun on the backroads.All other colors (purple, green, yellow, ect.) are allowed as long as the lights are tucked under the car and they're not flashing.

The minimum tint allowed is 20% all around and none on windshield.

since we're on the subject of legality, I might aswell add that FL law says you should not be able to hear music from your car from atmost 50 yards away or you can receive a ticket...

...I know all this because I asked icon_lol.gif
Sparky828

Post Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:08 pm

as in illegal u mean while u are driving correct? or does this mean in parking lots as well...
chicagosfinest

Post Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:31 pm

my friend from FL, who recently moved up here, has red under body's but I doubt they're leagel..
Bouncer

Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:57 am

Illegal only when driving.

Parked, it is allowed, just dont forget the music volume thing. 50 yards and you can get a ticket.

also, you cannot have alternating lights (especially blue and red) or you can get a ticket or arrested for "impersonating an emergency vehicle".
Rags

Post Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:20 pm

i really think we need to make a sticky of typical laws and that you should always check with the area officials because its different city to city cop to cop. neons are just a magnet to draw attention to yourself.
TechSys

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:31 am

Bouncer wrote:
Parked, it is allowed, just dont forget the music volume thing. 50 yards and you can get a ticket.

This has been changed.... It is now 25 feet (or aprox 8 yards, if my conversion is correct)

Quote:
Florida Passes Statewide Noise Restriction Legislation

Thursday, June 16, 2005 -- Florida Gov. Jeb Bush signed into law a statewide transportation package that includes car stereo noise legislation, the Tampa Tribune reported.

According to the report, starting July 1, Florida police officers can fine drivers $70 if their stereos are audible from 25 feet away from the vehicle. Currently, the law only allows for fines if the stereo is audible from 100 feet away.

Officials said the law was written out of concern for public safety. "When you can't hear outside noises such as sirens from your vehicle, then you become a detriment to public safety," Sgt. Ron Harrison of the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Dept. told the Tribune. "Specifically, public service vehicles that are responding to a critical condition."

Palm Harbor 12-volt retailer Mike Mills, owner of Auto Sound Systems Inc., told the Tribune, "You can hear a person talking from 25 feet away. Twenty-five feet is absolutely ridiculous. If I sneeze or talk 25 feet away, I should get a ticket too."

The bigger threat to public safety, said Mills, are luxury car manufacturers that purposely make the interiors of their vehicles as quiet as possible.

"They purposely make it so quiet (drivers) can't hear...an ambulance until it's on top of them," Mills told the Tribune. "That's simply no different from having a stereo on."

As far as lighting goes.. In my area (Jacksonville) red/blue or anything that closely resembles those colors are illegal while driving. When parked, you must be out of sight from main roads so not to cause a distraction for other drivers.

US window tint laws

The above mentioned is not a final say so, it is best to check with the local enforcement agency.
Bouncer

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:53 pm

thanks for the verification TechSys

BTW: I had a 1995 Z26 Beretta
TechSys

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:29 pm

No prob. I had a run in shortly after the law changed to 25feet. I didn't get a ticket for my so called loud music (volume was only on 7 at the time), but I sure was **** that a cop wanted to say something about it. Came home right after that and started researching it. If I would have been further away from where I do business (I install systems part time at the house), I would have received a nice (NOT!) $70 ticket.
aquariuskid2001

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:12 pm

i posted in the legal section a copy and paste of FL lighting statutes... look it up.. i carry a copy of it in my car.. blue is fine inside, i ahve blue inside..

but blue outside is a no-no.. can do it, but run the risk.. i chose green, and have had no problems for well over a year..
audio_excessories

Post Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:53 pm

aquariuskid2001 wrote:
FL lighting statutes... look it up.. i carry a copy of it in my car..

I do the same thing here in MI (although almost everything is illegal here). It's funny that if you're respectful and show an attempt at researching and knowing the laws of you area, most cops will let you go without even a warning.
Xplorer7

Post Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:18 am

I'm not sure about Polk County, but i know in Hillsborough they recently passed a law making all neon lighting illegal. I have been riding with green on everywhere i go since february and never had a problem. However just since october i've been stopped twice for my green neons.
TCalYen

Post Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:20 pm

Bouncer wrote:
I live in Lake County (about 30 minutes from Polk County) and I have blue LED's inside my 2004 xB and strobes in my 2000 E420.

Blue/Red/Orange are all illegal inside and out. Strobes are illegal also. Althou, I dont let that stop me from having a lil fun on the backroads.All other colors (purple, green, yellow, ect.) are allowed as long as the lights are tucked under the car and they're not flashing.

The minimum tint allowed is 20% all around and none on windshield.

since we're on the subject of legality, I might aswell add that FL law says you should not be able to hear music from your car from atmost 50 yards away or you can receive a ticket...

...I know all this because I asked icon_lol.gif

Do you know if blue and red are legal or not if the car is not moving... i.e. parked and showing blue and or red?
aquariuskid2001

Post Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:16 am

http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/index.cfm?App_...316->Section%202397#0316.2397

i think if the car is not moving it should be legal, but theres a difference between display at a car show or whatever, and just hanging out in a parking lot, you probably would still get hassled... theres a link to the florida statutes,, i would rather not deal w/ the hassle regardless if its legal or not according to the statutes..

ive had blue inside my car and a green underbody for over a year, always on at night, never had a problem.. throughout palm beach county, martin county, broward county.. and these cops here are **** about little stuff... but i pass cops all the time, and no worries....
The time now is Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:17 pm
Page 1 of 1