Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

so i got pulled over by a park ranger

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:08 am

it was 10:30 at night raining and dark.
he follows me for a while then pulls me over. he told me that my tint was too dark and said that "the law has recently changed, it use to be tint is legal at percents, but now if an officer cant see into the vehicle its illegal." i was like "wow i didnt know that!" icon_rolleyes.gif he walks away with my liscence i sit there for like 5 minutes. he comes back and says "legally you can have tint on the side windows, but not the back or front." walks away again. comes back one more time to give me my licsence and says "how old are you?" im thinking this guy is messing with me or retarded, my age is right on the licsence in his hand. so i tell him then he asks to search the vehicle. im like **** this **** i gotta be at work in 2 minutes, so i tell him im on my way to work. hes like ok, well check your tint laws when you get the chance and make it legal, so i say "thanks officer, but as of the revised version of the ohio state dot law states from 2003 on 50% on front windows drivers head up, and percent in rear, and 5" down from the windshield is permitted in ohio traffic." he sits for a minute and says "that sounds about right, have a great evening sir" i couldnt really hold in the laughter so i quickly just say "thanks and you too officer" and then drive away.

moral of the story, knowing your laws about the near illegal **** you put on your car rocks, so does getting away from having your car searched. also never be intimidated by an officer, be polite curtious, and the other stuff.

thats all.
thanks for reading.
=D
Losing quickly

Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:51 am

you should have told him that you were visiting smokey the bear biglaugh.gif
StrtGlowerZm180

Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:09 am

you shoulda said "thanks officer, give a hoot, don't polute" biglaugh.gif
TheBrick

Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 10:59 am

I recently got pulled over too. Threated with arrest as well.

As I was driving a couple days ago, me and a friend were listening to some music and i was singing along. A cop drove past me in the other direction and I looked at him still singing. I look in my rearview and see him pull a U-turn. I knew i was going to get pulled over but what came next caught me WAY off gaurd. He gets to my window and says this "is there a reason you called me a **** *******" I was like "WHAT!!! I was singing thats it" then he went on to say he heard me clear as day and everything. I got very defensive because cop or not I dont like being accused of stuff I didnt do. He then tells me if I dont shut up i will be arrested. He takes my licence goes to car comes back and says this car is now a crime scene im going to take it to the impound yard and you are going to be arrested. I say "can you tell me exactly why" he then went in to tell me the cost it would be and never once told me the exact law I broke. When all was said and done I was able to leave. It was funny, my friend was scared **** and froze up.

Moral of the story, Dont look in an officers direction while singing.

for the record, I didnt stare him down or anything, I just glanced over not to be a jerk but it was just habit to look over from time to time.
Losing quickly

Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:03 am

Cop must have been in a bad mood. Not cool though.
pOrk

Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:04 am

These stories you guys share are so retardly stupid it amazes me
TheBrick

Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:26 am

hence why I share it. It was retardly stupid it amazed me.
FatManDan

Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:28 am

pOrk wrote:
These stories you guys share are so retardly stupid it amazes me
this one time a cop pulled me over and i was liek OH SNAP and he gave me a ticket and i was like POO!
Goph

Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:31 am

I got pulled over last Friday for speeding(say he couldn't clock me til I slowed down), window tint on the front(is illegal but I don't care), and my LP cover that is tinted. I got a warning for everything and the guy was very cool about it all. IDK if it helped that I have my fire gear in the back seat right were you can see it and a emblem on the back window but right when he came up he said he was just going to give me warnings.

I took the LP cover off and try to slow it down some but the tint is staying because it been on for a year and only one cop said anything about it.

It does pay to be nice, if I was an ass I would of got hit bad.
coldfusion01

Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:58 am

Yeah, we have problems with tint here in gerogia... laws change frequently.

I get pulled over atleast once a month if not more (neon/colors, tinting, volume of music, looking at cops...blah.blah.)... and I swear it's impossible to find the laws here in gerogia, and the cops never seem to know the laws when you ask them. They just wait till they can pull you over, and even then they can't tell you the other laws when you ask them...

Georgia and the laws here suck. icon_neutral.gif

Oh yeah, and I got my first speeding ticket 2 weeks ago (26 over) passing a a**hole truck who wouldn't let me over in the ending merge lane (the hywy goes for some reason from 3 lanes to 2, and the third lane, the 1 that i was in, turns off in a very sharp turn...almost u'y to the right)... I got a little frustrated, and cleared him with a little bit of room to spare... but guess who drives by on the opposite side of the hywy... <.<

Oh yeah... and some cops came by last night in an empty parking lot I was at... oviously shooting video and pictures of the kit (on a tripod!), and started f'in with me about the the car, neons, and colors... i was just minding my own buisness eatting some taco bell and shooting some vid... cops in Georgia are a pain.
Rags

Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:55 pm

these stories are stupid.
=D
but i dont care, last night sucked, felt like writing it.
i dont really like to banish people to a blog all that often.
=/
GlowinPontiac

Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:49 pm

were you in a park rags? how can a park ranger have the authority to make traffic stops? around here they only have authority in the park they are assigned to.
Rags

Post Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:34 pm

yea but our city is half owned by the park and most of the roads run through "their territory" but since it is a city/county owned park system the same laws apply to the roads that run through it. however things like littering and stupid **** the fines double/triple.
D=
but the rangers here pull people over for anything. as i said it was dark and raining and he was parked, so i dont think he pulled me over for the tint to begin with, with them they will follow you until they can think of something to pull you over for.
idk this thread was just sortof an i got off lucky thread. but w.e
Xplorer8

Post Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:27 pm

wow. where im from in jersey, the park rangers arent even like college police. All they can do is ask u to leave the park after hours. They can ask you to stay, and call the cops. Then the cops get there and arrest you, or write you a ticket. But the park rangers dont really have any authority. And once your out of the park, and on public roads, they cant do anything.
kramer13
Oznium Employee

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:36 am

I got pulled over going 84 in a 70 on Firday...He pulled from the middle of the freeway... followed me for a second, then hit the lights...

I pull over....turn off the car and wait...15 seconds later he turns off his lights and drives up to my side of teh car and yells.

"Tonights your lucky night. There is a possible DUI out right now. I caught you going 84. SLOW DOWN."

And then sped off.

I was pleased for two reasons...I didnt get a ticket, and they were going to get some dumb ass off the road for drunk driving.
mccook8

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:35 pm

kramer13 wrote:
I got pulled over going 84 in a 70 on Firday...He pulled from the middle of the freeway... followed me for a second, then hit the lights...

I pull over....turn off the car and wait...15 seconds later he turns off his lights and drives up to my side of teh car and yells.

"Tonights your lucky night. There is a possible DUI out right now. I caught you going 84. SLOW DOWN."

And then sped off.

I was pleased for two reasons...I didnt get a ticket, and they were going to get some dumb ass off the road for drunk driving.

I don't know how many times I've done that! Usually, though, I end up running up to the car, handing them their driver's license, and giving them the good news.

....and, usually, it's been for a fight, an alarm, or a prowler.
corvettecrazy

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:38 pm

I got out of a tresspassing and stealing (from appartments that were in the process of being torn down, had 2 kitchen cabnets) and the officer got a call on the way to the car, and said we got luckey he had something more important to do. biglaugh.gif
The time now is Tue May 22, 2018 10:12 pm
Page 1 of 1