Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

resistor help.. i need 1.13......... for VATS bypass alarm

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:21 pm

i need a resitor that reads about 1.13
im instaling a remote starter system into my parents buick lesaber 1999 and its has the VATS system.
the key reads 1.13 i got a bag of resistors from radio shack and just cannt seem to find the right combo for this...... i get 1.... then i get a 1.2
i dont know how sensitive this VATS system is but since thiers so many posible vats resistors i think its gotta be realy close.....

anyone have a resistor like that? radio shack doesnt have that number only 1K then 1.5K single resistors......

PHIL please tell me you can help me out ASAP!

also if anyone knows where the OEM factory alarm disarm wire is on this car... please hook me up.
corvettecrazy

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:49 pm

they make special resistor packs for VATs override.

they are sort of hard to find. I would suggest calling around to electronic speciality stores for that specific value. That and/or places that install car alarms.

My wire is yellow I belive, yous will probably be different, easiest thing to do is find a truck forum or step by step instructions on how to do it to find out the wire color. That or pull the key cylinder and look at the colors.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-13k-Ohm-1-4-Watt-Metal-Fi...ageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
GlowinPontiac

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:33 pm

your better off getting a bypass module. if you do some hommade job how are you gonna feel when it fails and your parents cant start the car and are stuck somewhere.
corvettecrazy

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:36 pm

how is it going to fail?

all you are doing is putting a resistor in between the wires that measure the resistance in the key.

it is exactly the same thing, except now your key resistor will not impact starting your vehicle.
alienyoungjr

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:42 pm

good luck finding a resistor with that value, thats like a 1% error margin and those aren't easy to find. 5% is what you will fine the most of.
corvettecrazy

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:47 pm

alienyoungjr wrote:
good luck finding a resistor with that value, thats like a 1% error margin and those aren't easy to find. 5% is what you will fine the most of.

I put an ebay link above with a 1.13k resistor and 1% tollerance. Wasn't that hard to find. I bet I could find more if I looked.

Stock tollerance is definately over 1%
GlowinPontiac

Post Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:33 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&a...C_VI_ReBay_Pr2_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT

how can you have a 0 ohm resistor! wouldnt that be no resistance so why not use a piece of wire?
alienyoungjr

Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:24 am

GlowinPontiac wrote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7554313200&ssPageName=MERC_VI_ReBay_Pr2_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT

how can you have a 0 ohm resistor! wouldnt that be no resistance so why not use a piece of wire?

The 0 ohm resistors are to take the place of an existing resistor, its really only to complete a circuit so they can test to see how that circuit is coming along. They don't actually use it in their productions circuits.
addiction2bass

Post Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:40 pm

thanks for the links i was able to search somemore and found what i needed HOPEFULLY the guy will ship them out ASAP and i can get this sucker worken properly.
The time now is Wed May 23, 2018 1:55 am
Page 1 of 1