Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

state employes allowed to have strobes on personal vehicles?

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:20 pm

as the question states.. i work for the state now, doin environmental stuff., and was wondering if i can legally install strobes on my car since i will sometimes be using my personal vehicle at night for various stuff, testing equipment in the field, and/or emergencies., i know i cant drive around with them on while im out cruisin at night, but would i get hassled with them on driving while working, and parked?
dddx880

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:03 pm

you'd have to ask the people you work for and/or if you get stopped just tell them that their for what you work for and make sure you have something to prove it
GlowinPontiac

Post Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:01 pm

youd need a permit to use them on the roads.
Aken

Post Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:13 am

If the strobes are amber, and you use them while working instead of just being a **** on the side of the road, I don't see why there would be a problem. And if there is, you'll find out pretty quickly.
TechSys

Post Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:43 pm

Wonder what Comcast and city contractors have to go through. Most of them are even unmarked (no company logo or information).

I've had my strobes for a couple years and haven't had any problems. Usually only use them when I'm at one of the facilities for the company and I have to park on the side of the road (lots of accidents happen there). I have used them to assist another driver that ran out of gas..
Mav

Post Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:45 pm

Cops are usually pretty cool about it if you are using them appropriately. I live in Southern Cali, one of the strictest area's when it comes to this kind of stuff. I've used my ICELED in red/blue combo mode on more than one occasion to help people who were in accidents etc.. Cops see it and don't say a word to me about it. Even though I don't have a permit, I was using them appropriately, and not abusing them, so they don't bother to give me crap.

Now if I was just cruising the streets with them on, then I'm sure I'd get a ticket, as you would as well if you had your strobes on while cruising. But parking on the side of the road, in what is obviously a construction zone, with strobes on, is probably not going to be an issue.. As long as your strobes aren't too bright. If they are too bright/in a place that would be blinding people, the cops may say something about it. Stay away from the 90w Whelans =P
thefiredogg

Post Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:09 am

yeah im going to agree wit mav. as long as you use them appropriatly, you should be fine..

Alot of strobe packs have a wire you can hook up thats low power, which dims the strobes down a bit, they still will be bright but just not omg thats blinding the **** out of me....might be something you would want to hook up just in case
The time now is Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:14 pm
Page 1 of 1