Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

First Warning (in Cali)

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:40 am

Well, its been about a month or so since i put the inferno on, and i've been driving around Monterey for that same amount of time trying to test the waters and see just how much **** i'd get. I did pretty good, until last night when one of the police officers on base pulled me over while i was coming through the gate. He was pretty nice about it, in fact, he actually took the time to look the actual law up for me (California Vehicle Codes 25250 and 26100) because he figured that i, as well as most cops, didn't know the law. the way its worded, it makes pretty much everything that isn't installed at the factory (as far as lights go) illegal. anyways, i'm not sure if you can do a search for those laws or not, but that's what i was told by a relatively knowledgeable cop...
justin

Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:21 am

Interesting. Nice to know there are cops out there that feel the need to enlighten versus the need to ticket.
BlazenSentra

Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:34 am

Funny.. because they're legal in cali.. get a copy of the CVC (like 6$ at DMV) and bookmark and highlight 25400(a)
To paraphrase Any vehicle may be equipped with exterior lighting as long as the bulbs are covered and the light source is below 0.10 lumens.
Streetglows Gold series is something like 0.048 lumens, so it's legal.

Johnny
Edit- here's an interesting link for you bobby.
chicagosfinest

Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:17 am

^^ Interesting..
kramer13
Oznium Employee

Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:51 am

why cant washington be like that.
kramer13
Oznium Employee

Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 10:51 am

I wanna go and change this law here...put i bet there would be a lot of red tape...and i wouldnt know who to talk to.
jethawk

Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:39 am

BlazenSentra wrote:
Funny.. because they're legal in cali.. get a copy of the CVC (like 6$ at DMV) and bookmark and highlight 25400(a)
To paraphrase Any vehicle may be equipped with exterior lighting as long as the bulbs are covered and the light source is below 0.10 lumens.

Johnny

i dunno about the GS being .048 lumens.... i wonder if thats measured on the ground... because i have a 10mm LED that is 13 lumen alone... let alone a kit that has multiple 5mm LED's...
IceDog

Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:04 pm

The one time I mentioned to a cop about vehicle code 25400, I was only given a warning. I even past the cop twice. She didn't pull me over the first time, but on my way back. 25400
fadetoblack988

Post Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:19 pm

does any one know where i can find the GA law?
Bobby Lee

Post Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:19 am

BlazenSentra wrote:

Johnny

that's the thing though. there are multiple laws on this subject, so just because it is legal according to one law (which in reality, that law is just not covering it), it can very easily be illegal according to another or multiple other laws. best thing to is, just not drive with the **** on, but then again that's been said for years now... biglaugh.gif
coldfusion01

Post Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:17 pm

fadetoblack988 wrote:
does any one know where i can find the GA law?

nah, I've been looking for awhile... I do know from being pulled over a few times that red and blue are definitly illegal in gerogia (pulsin or still). No one seems to know the laws or can tell me except after being pulled over. I think the fine is about $1500-$2000 now, and you'll be possibly accused of impersonating a cop. But otherwise I think anything else is cool. icon_wink.gif
BlazenSentra

Post Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:26 pm

Bobby Lee wrote:
BlazenSentra wrote:

Johnny

that's the thing though. there are multiple laws on this subject, so just because it is legal according to one law (which in reality, that law is just not covering it), it can very easily be illegal according to another or multiple other laws. best thing to is, just not drive with the **** on, but then again that's been said for years now... biglaugh.gif

Might as well drive with them on, you bought them.
My friend and I were pulled over once, and the cop through a fit after we told him about 25400(a) he looked and looked for stuff to write us up for... checked the tread depth, checked the suspension height.. this ******* even checked the damn windshield wipers to see if he could give us a ticket for improper maintenance.
He cussed and screamed, ***** and moaned.. but he couldn't bust us for anything because the truck was legal, all stock, except for some stickers and a SG GS UB kit.
I found out later that the officer was let go, apparently he threw a fit with the wrong person (mayors son) and he was put on probation, and then he was removed from service.. I guess he had more than one complaint against him.. from what I heard quite a few.. but the thing is..
If there's a loophole, exploit it!

Johnny!
ztecpower

Post Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:04 pm

kramer13 wrote:
I wanna go and change this law here...put i bet there would be a lot of red tape...and i wouldnt know who to talk to.

Just Remember you can't use RED tape..... LOL icon_lol.gif
The time now is Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:16 pm
Page 1 of 1