Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

bs ticket wrong color(blue) turn signal and unauthorized lig

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:42 am

i cop gave me a ticket for havin blue light turn signal i have spining brake lights the leds spin when i stop. i only had then on for two days i did not know the were off road use only oh well **** it!!!!!!!!!!
steven_mckenz

Post Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:23 am

seriously though, most people know that changing turn signal colors is illegal. Most states, if not all, only allow clear or amber turn signals. Also, usually any form of aftermarket lighting where you can see the direct bulb, such as your LEDs on your tires, is illegal.

You really should learn your laws before you start doing stuff like that to your car. If you don't, you will get burned sooner or later.
StrtGlowerZm180

Post Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:10 am

plus a lot of packages/sites where you order these things usually say "For show or off road purposes only"
Aken

Post Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:43 am

steven_mckenz wrote:
Also, usually any form of aftermarket lighting where you can see the direct bulb, such as your LEDs on your tires, is illegal.

Actually he has these silly LED light bulbs that replaced his brake lights. They actually light up and spin when you brake.

I think they're retarded, but hey - we're all different.

Personally, explorer98xlt, it's obvious why you were given a ticket for them. So try not to complain too much. Instead, take out the bulbs and put the stock ones back in, then go to the court date on the ticket and see if, by showing them you took off the illegal stuff, they'll reduce/drop the ticket.

Then, try to find out your local laws and see if they're something cool you can do to your car that still fall within legal limits.

Good luck!
Icedoutjetta

Post Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:26 am

Aken wrote:
steven_mckenz wrote:
Also, usually any form of aftermarket lighting where you can see the direct bulb, such as your LEDs on your tires, is illegal.

Actually he has these silly LED light bulbs that replaced his brake lights. They actually light up and spin when you brake

**** if i was a cop i would give you an extra ticket for putting something so stupid on your car, i mean its your choice and everything and you might like the lights, but have you ever seen them in action, they are so distracting, like its just annoying

but anyway i hope you can at least get the ticket reduced if you change the lights back to normal
Floyd

Post Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:16 am

explorer98xlt wrote:
An officer gave me a ticket for having a blue light turn signal. I have spining brake lights and the LED's spin when I stop. I only had them on for two days and I did not know they were used for off road use only. Oh well...

^^
Updated so you dont sound like an idiot icon_confused.gif
steven_mckenz

Post Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:32 pm

blazin aspire wrote:
Aken wrote:
steven_mckenz wrote:

Actually he has these silly LED light bulbs that replaced his brake lights. They actually light up and spin when you brake

**** if i was a cop i would give you an extra ticket for putting something so stupid on your car, i mean its your choice and everything and you might like the lights, but have you ever seen them in action, they are so distracting, like its just annoying

but anyway i hope you can at least get the ticket reduced if you change the lights back to normal

Ah, well, that makes more sense. I swear that when I read his topic last night I didn't read anything about the LEDs coming on when he braked. It sounded just like the spun while he was in motion (hence that I thought they were the LED tyreflies or whatever they're called).

As far as giving you a ticket for something "stupid", that is highly objectionable. Cops don't give you tickets for "stupid" stuff. But yeah, your best bet is to take everything off that you got tickets for, put the legal stuff back on, and see if they can reduce your ticket since they see that you have fixed the problem. Be nice, don't say **** like "**** the police", and you will be much better off.
Icedoutjetta

Post Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:07 pm

^^^^ i was joking about the stupid ticket thing man, i just find those led's distracting

and i think they are called tireflies ( little leds that go onto the valve stem on the tire ) but i think tireflie is the actual company that makes them but i could be wrong
GlowinPontiac

Post Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:08 pm

those brake lights that spin and swirl when your on the breaks are **** annoying.
i cant stand them because most of the time it looks like a blinking signal from a distance.
The time now is Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:09 pm
Page 1 of 1