Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Traffic Court Today

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:47 pm

Well I survied traffic court today 71 in a 45 zone, (I was trying merge and get past a **** driver when my hwy lane turned into a turn lane to the right... going down hill on a bridge). I had sped up and passed him, and of course a cop comes by opposite side of the hwy and clocks me in the process of passing the truck.

So got off today with only 20 hrs of commnuity service and $40 bucks, she reduced my ticket so I would only loose 2 out of the 4 points for keeping my license... so I am quite cheerful now. Just gotta drive like an old gramma for a little while. icon_cool.gif

Oh, off this, I got pulled over tuesday night because some cop said my white Inferno setting looks like blue cops lights... I tryed to explain to him about color blending... but he kept pointing out he saw blue dots (the blue leds) on the tubes when he looked under my car. Then he looked in my car and complained about the blue cathodes below the seats... on the floor. That was on V-day. icon_neutral.gif
Icedoutjetta

Post Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:24 pm

you got lucky man and the cop on V-day donít mind him man, he probably didnít get any and took out his sexual frustrated anger out on you icon_lol.gif
dddx880

Post Thu Feb 16, 2006 6:46 pm

haha
coldfusion01

Post Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:05 pm

haha, glad it wasn't just me icon_confused.gif
kornholio788

Post Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:06 pm

why would you keep your interior lights on i always turn them off even if a cop is just simply behind me and not pulling me over i dont want to give him a reason to and when i got pulled over i turned then off cuz that is one less thing he can ticket/hassle me for
audio_excessories

Post Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:33 pm

any lights (pretty much) are illegal in MI, the only one's I will have on while drivin are the ones in my footwells....I've been pulled over numerous times and have received comments like hmm, that's interesting, and you have more lights in there than I have on my cruiser...take it easy and be safe.....
stasis-

Post Fri Feb 17, 2006 11:29 pm

kornholio788 wrote:
why would you keep your interior lights on i always turn them off even if a cop is just simply behind me and not pulling me over i dont want to give him a reason to and when i got pulled over i turned then off cuz that is one less thing he can ticket/hassle me for

if a cop gets behind you THEN you turn them off theres no way you can say "hey i didnt know they were illegal"
you're more likely to get pulled over for looking guilty
coldfusion01

Post Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:31 pm

stasis- wrote:
if a cop gets behind you THEN you turn them off theres no way you can say "hey i didnt know they were illegal"
you're more likely to get pulled over for looking guilty

Yeah, that's true. But the 5th or so cop that pulled me over for my blue UB kit gave me a warning ticket... so I don't really feel like risking it now anymore, because if they decide to go back to the cruiser and look it up, they'll find my warning. icon_confused.gif

I'll still run with blue on the inside though.
stasis-

Post Sat Feb 18, 2006 4:56 pm

if you dont want to get caught dont use it on the road anyways..turning it off when spotted WILL get you a ticket
Icedoutjetta

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:14 pm

why doesnít everyone just ask what the exact law for aftermarket lighting is and then you will know

like in my area you can have it on while driving but as long as none of the tube is visible at any point ( if this is a law that you have use some damn angle iron aka "L" beam and you will never get pulled over again )
coldfusion01

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:50 pm

blazin aspire wrote:
why doesnít everyone just ask what the exact law for aftermarket lighting is and then you will know

like in my area you can have it on while driving but as long as none of the tube is visible at any point ( if this is a law that you have use some damn angle iron aka "L" beam and you will never get pulled over again )

Well like most of the things in Gerogia, it is quite hard to find government procedings... half the time the cops don't even know what is legal or not. I did finally figure out that blue, and red, are illegal now and that the fine has increased to $1500 dollars.
Icedoutjetta

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 12:56 pm

oh **** dude thats a large fine, just keep your blaze of tose colors and you should be fine, right???
alkatmsu

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:48 pm

The only laws I could find for KY is:

189.950 Prohibitions -- Exceptions wrote:

(2) No motor vehicle, except those designated under KRS 189.910 to 189.950 as
emergency vehicles, shall be equipped with, nor shall any person use upon a vehicle any red or blue flashing, revolving, or oscillating light or place a red light on the front thereof.

(3) No motor vehicle, except those designated under KRS 189.910 to 189.950 as public safety vehicles, shall be equipped with, nor shall any person use upon any vehicle any yellow flashing, revolving, or oscillating light.

Looks to me like red, yellow, and blue is good as long as it's not flashing, and any other color is all gravy icon_biggrin.gif
audio_excessories

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:13 pm

keep lookin...most states have a clause that reads something like this:
No motor vehicle (except those ....blah blah blah) shall be equipped with a light that can produce _____ color(s) except where permitted by section _____ .

edit: And yes, that's for steady on and flashing...I know a lot of states have little hidden clauses like that, which you can be hit with.
GlowinPontiac

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:02 pm

my basic rule is dont drive with glow on. the only glow i use while driving is my underseat and underdash thodes because you cant see them from outside the car.
coldfusion01

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:44 pm

GlowinPontiac wrote:
my basic rule is dont drive with glow on. the only glow i use while driving is my underseat and underdash thodes because you cant see them from outside the car.

Yeah that's pretty much my generic rule, but sometimes I go for green, white, purple (if i feel like possibly dealin with some cops), multicolor UB just for heck of it. Not many glowers around here.

Last edited by coldfusion01 on Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total
GlowinPontiac

Post Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:00 pm

theres almost NO other glowers around me. during the summer i go to the berlin turnpike to cruise and hang out and out of the million ricers there mabye 2 out of 10 has glow and most are just a neon on the dash.
addiction2bass

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:48 pm

blazin aspire wrote:

i know in indiana a few years ago i asked a cop and he said as longas the bulbs are hidden they are legal....
BUT one day about a month ago i got pulled over out in the country for my underbody cathode my green ones.... he told me the colors red/green/blue are illegal any way...... BUT i told him last cop i asked said as longas the bulbs were hidden they were legal..... he got real quite and asked for that cops name.... hell i dont know. then he starts again well its illegal laws have changed... blablabla but then only gives me a warning. he was a jerk!
then he starts looken at my led rollpan lights and has me turn on my parking lights and then brake lights.... and of course they work properly so he couldnt say anything about them....
it was funny the two things HE MIGHT have got me on he didnt notice.LMFAO one i had my gun in my glove box where i had to get my registration out of.LOL he never saw it i guess. and two i never had a liscence plate light.....LOL

what a retard!!!!!!!
he was just bored and wanted to mess with me im sure!
he just happened to pull up to the 4way stop with me and then pulled behind me.
Losing quickly

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:37 pm

i thought that it was alright to have a gun in the glove box. Around here you can have a gun in your car as long as it isn't visible (openly)
addiction2bass

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:11 pm

well it might be alright...... BUT im sure if any cop would see someone go into thier glove box and thier being a gun in thier IM SURE THAT WOULD FREAK THEM OUT!!!!!! LMFAO and thats alot of BS i sure didnt want to mess with!!!!
Icedoutjetta

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:28 pm

i can see the cop thinking your going to pull it out on him while you reach for your registration icon_lol.gif
GlowinPontiac

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:37 pm

around here you need a permit to carry a pistol and a valid hunting liscense to carry a rifle/shotgun in a vehicle. rifles and shotguns cannot be loaded and the ammo must be in a seperate area. ie shotgun in back seat ammo in trunk/glovebox. pistols must be concealed but keeping it in the glovebox seems like a bad idea. why not just keep it in your holster if your carrying. if any cops in my town saw a gun in your glovebox youd most likely get cuffed if not tackled out of your car until they could determine if you could legally carry it.
alkatmsu

Post Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:35 pm

If you had a gun in your glovebox, it probably would have been a good idea to declare that it was there before you opened it. The last thing you'd want to do is scare a cop, BAD idea. Better to get a ticket for having a gun without a license than to get cuffed, searched, etc cuz you freaked a cop out.
addiction2bass

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:44 am

im registured to carry it ;) i just had it in thier and forgot about it. LOL
i usualy carry it inside my middle console.

i just thought it was funny that he didnt see it...... its not a small handgun by all means!
Losing quickly

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:55 pm

haha, that happened to my uncle. The cop told him to get his registration, so he reached over to the glovebox, then remembered, so he raised his hands and told the cop that he has a gun in there, the cop said it was alright, if he was going to shoot him he would not have told him about the gun.
GlowinPontiac

Post Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:25 pm

alkatmsu wrote:
Better to get a ticket for having a gun without a license

Here you dont get a ticket for carrying a pistol without a permit you get a felony arrest.
The time now is Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:03 pm
Page 1 of 1