Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

ahhh stupid cops......stupid ticket

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 10:59 am

so i got a ticket for the stupidiest thing this morning pulling into school. A ticket for supposdly disobeying a traffic signal.....i was in the turn lane behind a car in the intersection waiting to turn left, and when there was space in traffic the car ahead started to go, just as the light turned yellow, so i followed and got stuck right before the entrance thing...(cso "direct traffic there" and it was backed up in the parking lot to drop kids off) so i couldnt get through, and i look in my rearview mirror and bam theres a cop behind me......o ****, i was hopin he wouldnt pull me over, but once i squeezed through and went left to go to the back of the school, he threw his lights on and pulled me over. He asked me if i knew why he pulled me over and i guessed and said "for goin through a yellow?" and he said "ya, its one thing if theres barely any traffic, but when its this bad you shouldnt be doin it" so he goes and tells me that he knows i have to be in school, and said he will try and make it quick....little less then 10minutes go by and he gives me the ticket.

now i can either pay the $75 for the ticket and it goes on my record, pay 105$ for traffic school and its off my record or i could go to court and fight it......i think im goin to fight it......what should i do??? also does any1 kno where i can find the laws in illinois??? traffic laws to be exact....thanks
Dube

Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:13 am

I'd take driving school if i were you.
points on license=bad
Fighting it might work, but if the cop decides to show up to court it's his word against yours and that is usually a bad thing.
audio_excessories

Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:50 am

Bad idea to fight this one.....just pay the ticket, or if you dont want the points then pay the extra and suffer through traffic school.....
A-Ray

Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:25 pm

What is the deal with you guys and tickets? I have never had to go to driving school nor have I ever had any of my tickets go on my record. I just go to court on the day of the ticket, pay the fine and get put on 30 days "probation."
SmittysPT

Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:27 pm

Its Hell to be young........ At my age, I might have gotten away with it.......But, the laws the law. Don't run lights and don't speed and you won't get tickets. I don't live by this either cause I've gotten my fare share............ but please remember....Its not the cops fault. icon_redface.gif icon_redface.gif icon_redface.gif
mccook8

Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 12:44 pm

thumpinbass134

Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:30 pm

but i didnt run the light, i was sittin there behind a guy rtight in the intersection, so thats y i dont see how the hell i ran the yellow light
Rags

Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 2:34 pm

**** happens, pay it move on, tomorrows another day.
alerored2000

Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:11 pm

man that sucks...if it was yellow and you went you should of been fine...its not your fault the traffic isnt working to the cops liking...i'd say do the traffic school or fight it....
GlowinPontiac

Post Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:57 pm

id try fighting it. even if you lose you may get to pay a reduced fine.
yellow lights are tricky. most of the time you can legally go through them but its up to the cops discrecion to decide if going throug it was safe. In CT if you can safely stop for a yellow light you have to. if you accelerate to go through a yellow and do it before the light turns red you can still be ticketed for not stopping at the yellow.
kevincolin

Post Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:16 pm

Your not supposed to block the intersection. If you do it will cause havoc and the world will fall apart. Here in CA as long as your past the white lines when it turns red your good. Id say pay the fine and go to traffic school. who knows, maybe youll meet a hot chick icon_smile.gif
MongolPup

Post Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:23 am

DO NOT fight it.

If your in high school, then your a teenager, and things tend to go go their way in court, because more often then not you will come across the wrong way and the judge will throw the book at you.

Seems to me the only shot you have to save yourself is with the cop, like a guy I know who was doing 30 over and the cop reduced it to 19 over because he was late for school and he had a project due.
Judas

Post Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:54 pm

I would go with traffic school.
twizted_ion

Post Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:44 am

fight it and tell them you were in the intersection. if you didnt go, you would have been sitting in the midle blocking traffic and possibly causing an accident. it may reudce the fine. or if you lucky, they may dismise it if you sound honest and you will pay court costs. In TN i noticed he dismissed alot of tickets if they sounded legite...
oxXFateLostXxo

Post Wed May 03, 2006 1:14 pm

ok, i actually just had a similar thing except mine was going to fast for the conditions on a clear ******* day, well in court your um gonna lose going against the cop cuz most judges are jerks.
But best thing would be to go anyway and see if u can plead down , or if u dont want the points just pay the school or whatever
The time now is Mon May 21, 2018 11:04 pm
Page 1 of 1