Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

Headlight Tint

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:40 am

I just ordered a roll of this stuff in 20%. Unlike tint it actually means that 80% of the light will still pass through. To counteract the loss I got some higher output H13 bulbs for the headlights. I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried this before? The blue probably would have been more legal, but living in Indiana, I think I should be ok with the 20%.

kramer13
Oznium Employee

Post Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:41 am

Your not going to tint your front windshield. So you wouldnt need different headlights to see better.

Though you could get some headlights to see better, for a different reason.
justin

Post Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:48 am

^ i dont think youre following. if he puts tint film on his headlamps, its going to reduce the output of the headlamps.

ive seen guys on the srt forums use blue/yellow rock guard on their headlamp housings, but i havent read anything about them upping bulb wattage to counteract the filtering effect - though i could see where it would be a problem. why not just leave your pretty chrome housings be?

i would recommend looking into upgraded headlamp harnesses if youre upping the wattage on your bulbs. melted stock wiring is messy.
jol102001

Post Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:16 am

omg, i saw a black Z with the tail lights done for sure (not sure about headlights) and some black wheels.... he goes to school where i go... freaking hot. I'm gonna have to get pictures.
Rags

Post Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:38 am

i love sticker city, if i had a decent car to do it with i would smoke my headlights, but yea, you should be alright.
ProjectRAGE

Post Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:35 am

Where in Indiana you live?
4Geclipse

Post Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:44 pm

ProjectRAGE wrote:
Where in Indiana you live?

Crawfordsville, just south of Lafayette.
4Geclipse

Post Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:51 pm

jol102001 wrote:
omg, i saw a black Z with the tail lights done for sure (not sure about headlights) and some black wheels.... he goes to school where i go... freaking hot. I'm gonna have to get pictures.

Tail lights may be next, will have to see. Either Iím going to make kits with my 10ft roll or experiment a little. This stuff is ideal, it protects the surface and is fully removable. Not like they spray on tint. Well they say the spray is removable with thinner, but hmmm good luck with that down the line. I ordered yellow fog light bulbs, my heads will be bright white. The chrome lights are cool, but you know how it is, you have to be unique, or at least start a micro trend. The RalliArt 4G Eclipse had itís lights tinted, so I guess Iím just a follower, but I think Iím going to be the first on the forum community to try this stuff, well for the 06 Eclipse. No one has the Inferno installed yet either. I would have preferred the IceLed kit, but $$$. Have spent close to $4000 in aftermarket already since July last year when I got her.
kramer13
Oznium Employee

Post Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:35 pm

my bad...lousy post on my part.
4Geclipse

Post Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:36 pm

Edit
02BlueStang

Post Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:28 pm

my tail lights are permanent biglaugh.gif

Ive dealt with the tint before and its ok, but I dont like the fact that you can see the lines if you have to cut it etc....nice being able to take it off though, I just like mine being painted, def a lot cheaper to get film and cover them to spray them with the see through black tint paint
The time now is Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:44 am
Page 1 of 1