Oznium.com Store
Oznium Forum
The value of this forum is in the interaction with your fellow LED lighting enthusiasts.
Register today! - It is FREE and quick

First Time Being Pulled Over... WOW

Author

Are you sure you want to delete this post?

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:09 pm

Alright so a little background info here:

Once i got all my ICELED stuff installed i drove down to the local cop station and told them i needed to talk to the most informed guy about undercar lights. Guy comes out gives me a talk and the main point is i CAN have them on JUST NO RED OR BLUE.

So yesterday, saturday night, me and my friend were cruzin the town going to a girls big sweet 16 party and i had my UFO on program 4 set to a custom pallete of green, black, pink, and orange. Drove by a cop and he immedietly flips a u turn and flips his lights on. So i pull over and yadda yadda comes over and tells me i cant have them on at all. So he takes my license and registration stuff and checks it all in his car. Then he comes back and says "Mr. Smith, did you know you have a daytime restriction on your license?, your coming with me"
So he pretty much yanks me outta my car and when i finally get a chance to talk (which was hard) i grab my license and point out where it shows i only have that restriction until 2/27/06. So he lets go of me and only says "oh" no sorry i yanked you the **** outta your car or anything. he only gave me a warning on the lights but when i get back home later that night after the party my parents immediatly question me about the pull over. I said "yeah i just got a warning, i dont know why though i had it set to custom pallette without red or blue" mom says" dont try to getta outta this the policeman called here and said you had them set to blue in front and red in the back" This is where i look like this icon_eek.gif and this icon_surprised.gif and stare at her. I try to start a sentence to proove my innonce but am inturupted with "i dont want to hear it, your grounded!"

All i have to say is wow to that cop who *sarcasm* really knows how to do his job! *sarcasm* the *******
Chris

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:37 pm

Sorry to hear about that!
Ever try to prove it to her that there wasn't any red or blue?

Set it on #4 or whatever you programmed it to, show her. Maybe it will help, maybe not.

Good luck with everything though!
GlowinPontiac

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:26 pm

why would the cops call your house when you got pulled over?
ive been pulled over many times and never once had the police call my house and tell my parents wether i got a ticket or not.
corvettecrazy

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:08 pm

GlowinPontiac wrote:
why would the cops call your house when you got pulled over?
ive been pulled over many times and never once had the police call my house and tell my parents wether i got a ticket or not.

yeah, that seems extreme.
The_Mastor

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:28 pm

I actually have no idea, maybe because all insurance papers are under their name and had to call to confirm its true and i am who i say i am....

Dont have a clue
stasis-

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:33 pm

thats what your license confirms..theres no reason for him to call your parents icon_confused.gif
GlowinPontiac

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:22 pm

my insurance is still under mine and my fathers name cuz its cheaper and they still dont call him to confirm the policy.

you should call the police dept and find out why your house was called.
justin

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:38 pm

lol.

grounded.
dddx880

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:05 pm

that sucks
BlazenSentra

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:21 pm

just wait til your super tired, and just got off a 17 hr. shift.. and pulled over on suspicion of drunk driving... you work a warehouse job, and you forgot that you had your razor knife/box cutter with you... That was a bad night.. taken to the ground because I was going to hand it to the officer... and then handcuffed...
taken down to the station, tested for drugs,alcohol, etc... and came back spotless...
That officer had alot of explaining to do to his supervisor, after I told him that I worked at a warehouse...
needles to say that was a bad night..
however, it does suck that you're grounded and the cop lied to your parents..
just remember, life goes on.

later,
Johnny
The_Mastor

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:35 pm

Quote:
just remember, life goes on.

Thats what ive been saying for a while.

I dont think ill call or anything even though he did lie about why he pulled me over, if he gave me a ticket for that crap then i would defiently fight it but it was just a warning so thats not bad, just the grounding which my dad will probably overrule mom soon enough, i hope biglaugh.gif
sc3106

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:26 pm

Hey man **** i remember when you got yanked outta the car i did to and i got beat wit that damn night stick its a fking shame that it was my brother and law and he didnt know it was me **** assssssssss wow that hurt but ehh i got him back..but hey man see you at school tomorra PEACE
Aken

Post Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:59 pm

Rule #1) Don't ride with your glow on.

Rule #2) If you think they won't mind, use static patterns. Moving patterns will simply cause unwanted attention. Best to avoid Red, Blue, and Green.

Rule #3) To be completely sure, find your state's statutes regulating aftermarket lighting (from a LEGITIMATE source), print/copy them, and keep it in your vehicle. This way you have inarguable proof.

Notes:
- Pink is a shade of red, and can/will be mistaken by cops, either by accident or on purpose.
- Ask for an officer's information if you ever have unruly justice or anything like that. Ask for his name, badge number, etc... At least see what car number he has. If he argues and refuses to give you that information, he's pretty damn shady and deserves to be ratted on.

And yeah, why the hell do they call your parents? That's retarded.
The_Mastor

Post Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:11 am

Yeah i think i need to get a copy of the Lighting laws here in Idaho to know for sure what i can and cannot do.
The_Mastor

Post Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:08 pm

Anyone hace a place where i can get a copy of the Idaho lighting laws? i tried searching the internet for a little bit with no results. So if you guys have any websites that would cover the Idaho Lighting laws that would be great. Or else i guess the police station would be the next place... or would they give me a hard copy of law...
Aken

Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:48 am

http://www3.state.id.us/idstat/TOC/49009KTOC.html

Browse around, see if you can find anything.
The_Mastor

Post Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:30 pm

Yeah went by the police station and they gave me the exact adress. Ive been searching around but havent found anything related to "undercar lights" yet, im still looking though. If your bored and want to search through that to maybe help find it, please do icon_biggrin.gif

And under "additional lighting equipment" it says nothing about underglow, just additional "warning lights"

I AM LOST

help me find the underglow law please

^ would very much appriciate someone finding it for me, it might be this but im not sure if underglow falls under "obstructed lights" ...

Quote:
TITLE 49
MOTOR VEHICLES
CHAPTER 9
VEHICLE EQUIPMENT
49-912. OBSTRUCTED LIGHTS NOT REQUIRED. Whenever motor and other vehicles
are operated in combination during the time that lights are required, any
lamp, except tail lamps, need not be lighted which, by reason of its location
on a vehicle of the combination, would be obscured by another vehicle of the
combination, but this shall not affect the requirement that lighted clearance
lamps be displayed on the front of the foremost vehicles required to have
clearance lamps, nor that all lights required on the rear of the rearmost
vehicle of any combination shall be lighted.
sc3106

Post Mon May 01, 2006 5:22 pm

welll, i dont know mike we have talked to almost every cop in moscow haha, and none of them have came up with a answer about this law..even my brother in law who is a cop, still nothing but we can get pulled over and all that good stuff beat and stuff WOW gayyy lol anyways still nothing about a underglow at all what so ever
The time now is Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:36 pm
Page 1 of 1